Could Rodgers vs. Romo be the next Brady vs. Manning?

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about time the NFC had a QB rivalry. Could these be the two that will play eachother every year? To consistently compete for the NFC title every year? I look forward to the possibility.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this is too far fetched.

I dunno if you guys noticed this..when Aaron ran out of bounds during a 15 yard gain for a 1st down against the cowboys..and ran out on the cowboys sideline....Romo came over and tapped him on the shoulder or helmet to congratulate him.

It's Aaron's job to live up to his end of this possible rivalry and make it one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think this is too far fetched.

I dunno if you guys noticed this..when Aaron ran out of bounds during a 15 yard gain for a 1st down against the cowboys..and ran out on the cowboys sideline....Romo came over and tapped him on the shoulder or helmet to congratulate him.

It's Aaron's job to live up to his end of this possible rivalry and make it one.

Aaron had five rushes for 30 yards with a long of 13 yards.
-1 middle, result second down
8 middle, result first down
1 left, result second down
9 middle, result first down
13 right side, result first down

I believe this is the play you are referring to as it is the only one where Romo touched Rodgers.
[flash width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/dWtlvR7B2Zk.swf[/flash]
2-4-GB 32 (7:13) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at GB 45 for 13 yards.

I hope the accuracy of you remembering this play is not as accurate as your assessment/obsession of Aaron Rodgers. Personally it looked more like Romo took a swat at the ball more so than Romo coming over to him, giving a congratulatory slap on the helmet or shoulder pad.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
lol, oh my, it certainly does look like Romo is trying to knock the ball out of his hands. What a punk. At least it didn't work though!

Better luck with the cheap shots next time, Whiny-Romo!!!

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither has won a playoff game. And I agree with the person that says Rodgers has not even won A game yet.

I still am in the corner which feels bad for Rodgers. The expectations people have of him are not realistic but that is only my opinion. I hope Pack fans don't eat him alive when he likely falters out of the starting gate this season. He's taking over for a HOF QB, how many times has the next guy light it up, Steve Young? Let's wait till he wins a game until we start talking about him being compared to Brady or Manning or even Romo for that matter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, oh my, it certainly does look like Romo is trying to knock the ball out of his hands. What a punk. At least it didn't work though!

You see how Rodgers just laughed at him? Get used to that NFL teams. Aaron Rodgers will laugh at you, and drink your milkshake.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If all goes well for both franchises I think it's possible. Obviously for the Packers, Rodgers would need to be a quality player and I think most of us are optimistic that he can succeed.

Rodgers could be the Steve Young following Joe Montana for the Packers or he could be Brian Griese following John Elway.

I think Tony Romo is the real deal but I have serious questions about the Cowboys. I actually like Philly in that division this year with a healthy McNabb and the Cowboys are going through a transition period where they have coaches that Jason Garret prefer and Wade Phillips doesn't and I don't think Jerry Jones can run a franchise on his own. I think he needs a Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells type. He doesn't have that in Big D. Let's say Jerry Jones can, then Dallas is in good shape for the next 10 years because of Tony Romo.

So a lot of things need to go each teams way for the rivary to kind of match or be the NFC's version of Brady vs. Manning.

I think it's possible but I wouldn't go that far yet. I think we might know the answer by this season.

It'd be good for the NFL.

EarthQuake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

You see how Rodgers just laughed at him? Get used to that NFL teams. Aaron Rodgers will laugh at you, and drink your milkshake.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have double Steve Young with Rodgers and Brohm haha, maybe someone will trade their whole draft for one of them.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Lord Not Romo, seriously the only reason his name is mentioned is because Madden has a Fetish for him or something. There are better QBs in this league to compare too that are young want me to name a few in our Conference?

Matt Leinhart - Cardinals
Matt Hasselbech - Seahawks
Marc Bulger - Rams
Jason Campbell - Redskins
Eli Manning - Giants
Matt Ryan - Falcons (Maybe)
Breez - Saints

the rest of the clubs, excluding Dallas, Philly, San Fran, Minny, Chicago, Detroit, Carolina, tampa do not really have a QB that's both young and likely to compete against Rodgers Long Term in the NFC.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I could see that happening, but I could also see it with Eli Manning and either Rodgers or Romo. In the NFC dont forget that the Giants are the superbowl champs..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

He'll drink it up good!

Members online

Latest posts