Could Brett Favre still play?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a vague recollection of that game. It was against the Titans and a lightning storm forced the evacuation of the stadium and caused a long delay. If I remember correctly, Favre wasn't even supposed play that evening and may not have dressed for the game. He left the stadium because he thought the game was going to be cancelled, only to find out it was eventually completed at 3AM. A definite faux pas, but not a big deal.

Yeah that was it..

Didnt say it was wrong he missed it, but he didnt show up other wise why were they mad

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Okay, you DID hit me over the head with THAT one. He said in one of the interviews last night, he was happy to play, he wasn`t happy to train, and there is the rub !. I don`t like sitting a Department of transport x-ray test every year (24 years to be exact), but it is a REQUIREMENT of my job. It was his JOB. It was his duty to work with receivers and running backs etc, to finely tune a winning team. I`m sorry but that's why I dislike the man. He thought he was bigger than the TEAM.

Yep, agreed Bill. Didn't mean to clobber you with my
opinion. I just get pissed when quotes are mutilated into something that doesn't resemble the intent of the original.

I've said over and over that I've never idolized pro athletes but never did say that I do marvel at the stupid stuff that oozes from them at times. Still, I didn't watch the games because I liked their brains... I watched because they could do things I couldn't do. So...when they talk, I'm usually crunching on Doritos

Members online

Latest posts