The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense comes up with a huge stop. On the previous drive quick passes and a throw down the middle was huge . On this drive he misses 2 wide open deep balls and takes a sack.
That was a horrible series with back to back badly overthrown balls. It's like he's trying to float everything out there. Throw the ******, it's what you're good at.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a horrible series with back to back badly overthrown balls. It's like he's trying to float everything out there. Throw the ******, it's what you're good at.
It goes further than that, here was the offensive sequence at the most important time of the game...

Sack, horribly missed wide open receiver, horribly missed wide open receiver, sack, dropped pass, the sorriest excuse for a screen pass I have ever seen

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes further than that, here was the offensive sequence at the most important time of the game...

Sack, horribly missed wide open receiver, horribly missed wide open receiver, sack, dropped pass, the sorriest excuse for a screen pass I have ever seen
I can only repress so many memories in one game :)

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is tough for me, because he has looked terrible at times this season, but it's hard for me to say he's the problem, because this team would've been as bad or worse with most QBs in the league. That being said, we pay him more than any QB so he needs to deliver. Agree with your main takeaway though. The guy needs to start slinging the ball. It's like he's become too impressed by his own TD/INT ratio and is scared to be aggressive. Something like 40/7 >> 23/1 or whatever he was at heading into today. We don't need him to go full-on Favre, but he at least needs to unbutton his top button and loosen his tie.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a year to forget for Rodgers, but right now this team is simply running with an interim HC and at this point it will be what it will be.

On a side note, while Rodgers no doubt passed up open receivers on a few series in between the 20s, I was watching how we were operating in the RZ and seemed we had nothing fooling the defense there and he was having to hold that ball longer to try and hope windows would open up.

I'm of the belief that the right HC will fix him though.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish he'd throw an INT on his first throw next season, so he'd not bother about the record thereafter. And then make the money throws to win the game.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A screen pass on 3rd and 15 with the game/season on the line. Horrible play call.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K#12 is not the problem....
How in the world is anyone able to spin 1 interception in 11 games in a negative way. Lol

Look, people have got to stop saying this like INTs are the end all, be all in evaluating a QB. It's not, as our 6-8-1 record clearly indicates. It's just one piece of a very large puzzle.

5 of the top 8 most intercepted quarterbacks of all time are in the Hall of Fame.

To be frank, if he was making quicker, more decisive throws, and trusting his receivers and throwing into tighter windows, he'd probably throw more. And we would be better for it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I've had two interceptions in however many attempts. I feel pretty good about the way I've taken care of the football this season. We just haven't made enough big plays over the year. That's why the completion percentage is what it is and yards per attempt is what it is and touchdowns are where they're at, so that stuff's disappointing. I've had interception streaks in the past. I had a long one at home -- 500-plus. Hopefully I'll start a new one."

Why is it that every time he is talking about a positive thing, he says "I", and every time he talks about a negative thing, he says "We"?

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a big part of the problem.

After our defense forces a turnover and Rodgers comes out and simply chucks the ball down field with completely uncatchable throws. He wasted the possession and he negated the turnover.

When he did that, I knew the game was over. The Bears got the ball back marched down the field for a TD, and the game was over.

The defense barely caught their breath and Rodgers threw them right back on the field - stupid.

Rodgers will have to invest in some humility and become coachable again, or the Packers won't be able to contend as long as he's our QB.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think 75% of the problem is Rodgers attitude. He never puts bad throws on himself in the game. You immediately just see him yell at the receiver. To be a leader, you need to take responsibility, and not on the podium with media in your face...

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I've had two interceptions in however many attempts. I feel pretty good about the way I've taken care of the football this season. We just haven't made enough big plays over the year. That's why the completion percentage is what it is and yards per attempt is what it is and touchdowns are where they're at, so that stuff's disappointing. I've had interception streaks in the past. I had a long one at home -- 500-plus. Hopefully I'll start a new one."

Why is it that every time he is talking about a positive thing, he says "I", and every time he talks about a negative thing, he says "We"?
You're missing the question he was responding to. Obviously, if the question involves his interception streak/ratio, he would use "I". He's the only one throwing the damn ball.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Rodgers is part of the problem but the biggest part of the problem is the lack of talent on that side of the ball. All these defensive heavy drafts have left us with weak spots along the OL and second rate playmakers on the outside. This isnt 2010 and the "fantastic five" anymore and it's actually morphed into Devante and Bill, Bob and Burt talentwise.

Everyone is getting all excited with anticipation on the new coach but until they re-load the offense with playmakers and a solid OL it won't matter and it will be more of the same with just a different twist.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would be the use of that? The people doing the benching will be looking for work two weeks from now, not Rodgers.

Exactly... it would take guts for Philbin to do such a thing, but it would be in the Packers best long term interests.

What are the chances that the next coach will be able to get thru to Rodgers?? Probably not good... Aaron obviously has a huge ego problem - best that someone smack him in the face now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Exactly... it would take guts for Philbin to do such a thing, but it would be in the Packers best long term interests.

What are the chances that the next coach will be able to get thru to Rodgers?? Probably not good... Aaron obviously has a huge ego problem - best that someone smack him in the face now.

And he had a huge ego problem when he won a Super Bowl and was league MVP. No difference now except were losing and the offense is mediocre due to crusty Ted and talent depletion.

People looked the other way with his ego in the past but now need something to point the finger at cause were losers.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he had a huge ego problem when he won a Super Bowl and was league MVP. No difference now except were losing and the offense is mediocre due to crusty Ted and talent depletion.

People looked the other way with his ego in the past but now need something to point the finger at cause were losers.

No, the difference wrt to Rodgers is that he is playing outside of the offense, and simply looking for bombs too often.

His 2 long passes after the turnover today - there is simply no excuse for that. I would have benched him right then and there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is part of the problem but the biggest part of the problem is the lack of talent on that side of the ball. All these defensive heavy drafts have left us with weak spots along the OL and second rate playmakers on the outside. This isnt 2010 and the "fantastic five" anymore and it's actually morphed into Devante and Bill, Bob and Burt talentwise.

Everyone is getting all excited with anticipation on the new coach but until they re-load the offense with playmakers and a solid OL it won't matter and it will be more of the same with just a different twist.

He has one of the best #1 receivers in football, a true franchise left tackle protecting his backside, and some talented young receivers and RBs.

It's not the 96-97 Packers to be sure but there are plenty of offenses doing more with less.

He's absolutely part of the problem right now, and anyone who says otherwise is simply not watching the games or is in total denial when it comes to anything critical of AR.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No, the difference wrt to Rodgers is that he is playing outside of the offense, and simply looking for bombs too often.

His 2 long passes after the turnover today - there is simply no excuse for that. I would have benched him right then and there.

Did you see the pressure he was under? Other then a few plays here and there he was under pressure. He did miss a couple but guys cant consistently get open. Our weapons dont strike fear in anyone and those days are long gone.

I hate being right because I want them to win so badly but I talked at length about this during the offseason and what would happen if Rodgers didnt play at Superman level. What did the Packers do? Draft yet even more db's and bring in another washed up TE. We have no vertical passing game and really no explosion on offense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn’t have to play at Superman level this year to get a few more wins for this team. Plenty of regular ol NFL QB passes to be thrown or put in target that weren’t.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the pressure he was under? Other then a few plays here and there he was under pressure. He did miss a couple but guys cant consistently get open. Our weapons dont strike fear in anyone and those days are long gone.

I hate being right

No worries, you're not.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He has one of the best #1 receivers in football, a true franchise left tackle protecting his backside, and some talented young receivers and RBs.

It's not the 96-97 Packers to be sure but there are plenty of offenses doing more with less.

He's absolutely part of the problem right now, and anyone who says otherwise is simply not watching the games or is in total denial when it comes to anything critical of AR.

Believing this offense is very talented definitely trumps that. Touchet.

What teams are doing more with less?

Members online

Latest posts