Coughlin claims he got hosed; Still pics of Ballard non-td

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Can I be completely honest here?

I know the Giants did beat the Packers that postseason which can be a sore subject, but God Bless the 2007 Giants for keeping the 2007 Patriots* from 19-0. I would buy David Tryee a lobster dinner and a bottle of champagne if I ever met him in person. That entire Super Bowl was poetry in motion. :cry:

You know, I'm kind of with you here and I don't hate all things Patriots as you would...but honestly, I don't think that the Pack would have beat the Pats...they just didn't have the hard nosed defense that the Giants did.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well let me ask this on Tom's behalf.

Let's say he got that touchdown, do the Giants still win it? MAYBE....That's NO guarantee that one play means they would have won.

But let's say the Giants did win, even with this call that he argues. Would he have acknowledged that they played against a Super Bowl contending team that almost beat them? That's the problem with him. He's saying "We shoulda won that game, we should have won it" he's not saying we lost, and we're going to improve, it's how the officials are out to get us.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I just watched my DVR and frame by framed the slow mo of the play. there is no question at all that his knee came down on the line. end of story.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Me thinks it's time for the G men to move on from the Packers and to the Cowboys if they have not already. I might be alone here but I am rooting for the Cowboys. Things are just that much more entertaining when they are in the postseason.

Sure the Giants played the Packers tough but so did the Bucs and where did that leave them?

I am not sure, Sunday night is a tough one to call. Giants have won recently at Dallas more then lost. Both teams are coming off big losses. But, the Giants put 150% into the Packers game and I wonder how much is left. My head says the Giants win Sunday night but my gut says the Cowboys win. Tough one. Cowboys appear to be the healthier team too. Both Eli and Romo can play great but also completely screw up.

BOB KAMINSKI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Lombardi said, "You have to be good,but you also have to be lucky."
The refs made the right call.
The "Ice Bowl King"

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He clearly didn't have control of the ball. It was bobbling around in his fingertips and then smacked to the ground
As I said to someone else, had that been the Giants scoring the TD in the exact same way. We would be going ******* over the fact that it was called a TD, so let's not be hypocrites.
Now I was absolutely delighted when the call was confirmed, but jeese we got away with one there.

Who the hell are you to be calling people hypocrites? He was NOT bobbling the ball. He was moving his right hand to grab it, but at the same time the ball never moved at all in his left hand. You know, you CAN catch the ball with one hand. And no, I wouldn't have been going "*******" if it had been the other way around.

As for the original picture that Coughlin was *****ing about, you can't tell if his knees is on the ground yet or not in that picture. Looks to me like it could still be an inch off the ground. Or maybe not. Impossible to tell.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell are you to be calling people hypocrites? He was NOT bobbling the ball. He was moving his right hand to grab it, but at the same time the ball never moved at all in his left hand. You know, you CAN catch the ball with one hand. And no, I wouldn't have been going "*******" if it had been the other way around. Now stop calling people names just because they don't agree with you!

As for the original picture that Coughlin was *****ing about, you can't tell if his knees is on the ground yet or not in that picture. Looks to me like it could still be an inch off the ground. Or maybe not. Impossible to tell.

The ball was bobbling around in his hands....
Plus I wasn't calling anyone any names.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Giants fans are still whining that the Refs are giving the Packers every game. I hope the Packers DO face the Giants in the playoffs and lay such a pounding on them that their fans skulk away in disgrace.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The ball was bobbling around in his hands....
Plus I wasn't calling anyone any names.

He controlled it with his left hand before he ever went out of bounds. You can cry otherwise, but that won't change the fact. BTW, you implied that anyone who disagrees with you is a hypocrite. That's equivalent to name-calling.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-giants-te-ballards-catch-should-have-counted

Couhlin said he was sick when he saw this....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I still wholeheartedly believe that these are inconclusive. They are both off angles. They aren't directly down the sideline (the second one, is a few degrees behind the play and the first one, you cannot tell if his knee is actually down yet). Even with these stills (and if the officials could have used them), I still think play stands as called. It is not possible to tell with the still sand replays what happened. Also it isn't humanely possible for the officials to know one way or the other, they gotta make a call one way or the other and that call must stand when it is this close.
You know how in baseball tie goes to the runner?
They should have something like that for football. Sorta out of bounds goes to the receiver.

Looks like he's in bounds to me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*****ing at the refs gets old. I have been there though. *ashamed*

BTW it was a fumble vs. the Raiders. :whistling:
The refs are only human and nobodees pirfict.
Bad calls for either team is just going to be part of the game.

Was there anybody for Rodgers to throw to?
I think it should be ruled a fumble if it leaves the players hand no matter how he is holding the football.
With the incomplete pass being the exception because that is more obvious.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like what Dan Graziano writes in his NFC East Blog; http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/index/_/count/61

He says; Officiating calls are like the weather. They affect both teams and you can do nothing about them. No matter how egregious you may think a missed call is, the players and coaches in the game always have the opportunity to overcome it. Such was the case with the Giants on Sunday, whether those calls were accurate and fair or not. And they lost. Time to move on, folks. You too, Messrs. Reese and Coughlin.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like what Dan Graziano writes in his NFC East Blog; http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/index/_/count/61

He says; Officiating calls are like the weather. They affect both teams and you can do nothing about them. No matter how egregious you may think a missed call is, the players and coaches in the game always have the opportunity to overcome it. Such was the case with the Giants on Sunday, whether those calls were accurate and fair or not. And they lost. Time to move on, folks. You too, Messrs. Reese and Coughlin.

Nice find...

That was two games ago, why is this still relevant?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Unless the missed call is on the last play of the game and it would have benefited the team with the ball and they had the chance to score and win the game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Unless the missed call is on the last play of the game and it would have benefited the team with the ball and they had the chance to score and win the game.

You mean like the missed face masking call.....on Rodgers against Arizona in the playoffs? OH....you mean the Vikings....

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey man, atleast we are after the same thing. Another SB

I'm hoping for 19-0 actually, which is much bigger than simply winning the SB again. Then the ghosts of the '72 Dolphins can finally ****.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You mean like the missed face masking call.....on Rodgers against Arizona in the playoffs? OH....you mean the Vikings....
Either. It matters not. A missed call is a missed call. To assume that a team has the chance to overcome every non-call is just disingenuous. When a non call has the chance of changing the outcome of a game there is nothing anyone can do about it. And since in the last 2 minutes the review is taken out of the coaches hands, even those that can be reviewed are not. (12 men on the field, throwing past the line of scrimmage and there is one more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts