Coughlin claims he got hosed; Still pics of Ballard non-td

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-giants-te-ballards-catch-should-have-counted

Couhlin said he was sick when he saw this....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I still wholeheartedly believe that these are inconclusive. They are both off angles. They aren't directly down the sideline (the second one, is a few degrees behind the play and the first one, you cannot tell if his knee is actually down yet). Even with these stills (and if the officials could have used them), I still think play stands as called. It is not possible to tell with the still sand replays what happened. Also it isn't humanely possible for the officials to know one way or the other, they gotta make a call one way or the other and that call must stand when it is this close.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing conclusive. If it would've been called a TD on Blythe field, they wouldn't have overturned it the other way either. My honest opinion at the time, and still today, is that his knee was in bounds but his knee pad touched down out of bounds. No TD was the right call. Coughlin always looks like he's sick....

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants game was once of the most poorly officiated games I've seen this year for both teams.
Some calls that went against us where BJ Raji getting neck tied on the 2pt conversion, the Giants
returner signalling for a fair catch and then awarded a 16 yard gain and there were several Packer
receivers that were bumped or run into well after the five yard zone.

Reaction score
In the end, if you are going to blame it on the refs, then why have a play that ends up having to rely on the refs?

TheDreamDoctor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Told my son at the time to check his right knee for blue paint stains.

Actually that's a good idea. Was there?

And upon watching the tape and watching it live it did look like the refs mad the right call. This still just is too hard to tell where his knee ends and the turf is. It looks like there is a shadow between them. IMO Just too hard to overturn.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One call doesn't decide a game, they had lots of time left. Looking at that picture though, that was a bad call on the refs and that should have been a TD.

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO he was absolutely in bounds and it should have been a TD. It was a poor call by the officials...but an understandable one. The only conclusive (IMO) replay was from a camera situated behind and to Ballard's left. That clearly showed his knee was in bounds. I'm not sure if the refs had that particular view.

I don't, however, feel that would have won them the game. I'm not saying that excuses the referees costing a team points, but I don't believe it would've saved the Giants in the end.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The game had a lot of blown calls on both sides of the ball.

That one is pretty hard to say, but I do not think it was a touchdown.

The Giants have got away with MANY calls in their last two games I have watched. In the Superdome, they barely got any flags at all for holding and pass interference, even though the Saints got so many BS calls. Then yesterday, there were many interferences with our WRs and of course, no calls yet the Giants got some of the stupidest calls ever like Clay on Eli, just because he's a Manning, they treat him like he's untouchable.

Coughlin has no reason to complain though, cause like I said, in New Orleans they managed to get all those BS penalties against the Saints and get away with a lot of things, and they couldn't even make it close. Yesterday again they got away with a lot of foul play, and couldn't win. He needs to stop blaming the refs and just admit he got out played by a team that has a terrible defense.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one of those calls that could go either way and both sides would've been right in arguing their case. It was just too damn close.
But this is why I don't b**** about calls made on the field.

Jerry didn't fumble. :roflmao:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like a TD to me. Yea, I said it.

But while watching the game I didn't think it was at all and I'm sure many didn't. What can you do but get the refs better cameras and HD still photos to look at?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Refs don't look at still pics. Yes that looks like a catch, but the intial ref said no and that play in motion the ref stood behind the decision since the evidence wasnt so clear. the biggest question is how I'd that not a td but jennings finger tip catch was?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was probably a TD, but don't think they could overturn it with the video.

As far as blue stains on the pants, not even if it was the first play of the game. You don't know if its from a different play or from even pre-game stretches.

I did think that there were a lot of questionable calls during the game. You have to believe that they balance out in the long run, but it sure seems often that your team is getting screwed (remember all them Packer/Cowboy games in the early 90s?)

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings had brief control with his left hand. There was a second there that the ball wasn't moving, it was under control. It isn't like the Calvin Johnson non-TD because Jennings wasn't going to the ground. The rule is different if he is going tot he ground.

Reaction score
He should learn to Double Tap his toes like Donald Driver/JordyNelson/CrisCarter/Every Reciever with great leg eye coordination....

Giants are crying about this? .... They lost to the VY led Dream Team.... Got blown out by the Saints on MNF, gave up 50 some yards to us in a 14 second time span, couldn't shut out Alex Smith of all people.... If anything, they should complain about their players not executing in crucial games/moments.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BJ got held on the 2 pt conv...But no flag...Guy wrapped his arm around BJ neck and swung him sideways..

We all can nit pick on everything

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BJ got held on the 2 pt conv...But no flag...Guy wrapped his arm around BJ neck and swung him sideways..

We all can nit pick on everything

Exactly.
There was bad calls on boths sides, I think the ones against the giants were more, lets say, detrimental to the game, I.e the Greg Jennings TD (Imo shouldn't have been a TD)

And that call right there, when I seen it on replay I didn't think it was a TD but seeing it now it looks more likely that it could have been a TD and a bad call by the refs.

We got away with some calls in that game, but lets be fair. Who doesn't?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly.
There was bad calls on boths sides, I think the ones against the giants were more, lets say, detrimental to the game, I.e the Greg Jennings TD (Imo shouldn't have been a TD)

whaaa?? :tdown: any reason why?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He clearly didn't have control of the ball. It was bobbling around in his fingertips and then smacked to the ground
As I said to someone else, had that been the Giants scoring the TD in the exact same way. We would be going ******* over the fact that it was called a TD, so let's not be hypocrites.
Now I was absolutely delighted when the call was confirmed, but jeese we got away with one there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants game was once of the most poorly officiated games I've seen this year for both teams.
Some calls that went against us where BJ Raji getting neck tied on the 2pt conversion, the Giants
returner signalling for a fair catch and then awarded a 16 yard gain and there were several Packer
receivers that were bumped or run into well after the five yard zone.
Exactly.

I really don't care about what the Giants think. I know that my coach and my team would never use officiating as an excuse. And they had plenty of opportunities to do it, look no further than the 2009 Wildcard game.

But Coughlin is probably right. It's all that midwest bias, those poor NY teams don't stand a chance...

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fans and media are after Coughlin with pitchforks so he is going to use all means to bolster his status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts