1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cory Williams...."Show him the money"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by brennan1884, Nov 18, 2007.

1. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont care what anyone says about this, we have ALOT of cap room and he is simply playing lights out football, why let this guy go.... I say we MUST re-sign him....

I know....I know we have depth at the position, but Harrell may never amount to anything, and keeping key players is how teams stay successfull

Today.... Cory Williams- 2 sacks...... 2 Forced Fumbles

1 in the red zone before halftime!!

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very pleased with Williams. I'd like to see him stay a Packer.

He's currently 3rd on the team in sacks and even added a pick.

3. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He played a great game and solid this year.

4. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I agree that he needs to be taken care of before hitting the open market.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has shown consistency this year, which was absent last year despite his great numbers.

He's earned himself a big contract, and my only worry is that he's priced himself out of the Packers' range.

I'd love to have him back though; Pickett/Jolly/Williams/Harrel would be a great DT rotation.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want GB to resign him.

He plays more downs than Jolly has, and has more sacks than any other linemen (besides AK74 and KGB).

Corey also plays DE, can long snap, and play some TE.

Show him the money!!!

7. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree, I want him to stay. Hopefully money won't be the only factor in making his decision . .

8. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We gotta load it with incentives and give him a big signing bonus.

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like for him to stay but I don't know if it will happen. I read the Pack haven't contacted his agent yet about working something out. I'm not sure they will but they didn't do anything with Jenkins until after the season either and got that done. Same with Kampman in 06.

10. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think anybody wants Corey to leave, but after what I watched average offensive lineman get in last year's free agency I have to believe Corey is in for a big payday. His agent may just want to test the market, and we won't even get a chance, unless we tag him. Does anyone know what the top 5 DT's in the league make? I think this is the starting point to the whole conversation.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Is it Cory or Corey?

12. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i read where they said it will be the money i forget the amount but it was high and i know the article said corey would like to stay here but for now he just wants to stay focused on the game thats why he has an agent think the article is on jsonline :)

13. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wed have to pay him upwards of 5.5 million a a year

14. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    If he doesn't want anything too steep, I say release harrell and cole and keep williams. They're both 6'4. However, williams is 27 and harrell is 23.

I know many won't agree with that, I just really like williams. Anytime a defensive tackle is getting a lot of positive attention, it's a good thing.

How bout, release cole, but keep williams and harrell?

15. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    how about keep the rotation, the salry cap is yet again going to go up in the offseason and we have lots of cap room, i belive like top 3 in the league

16. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that is something I'd love to see happen.

I think Harrel needs more time to develop, because he has potential to become very useful. So I don't want to cut him so early.

Cole is a serviceable player, but he would probably be the odd man out with a Pickett/Jolly/Williams/Harrel DT rotation. Muir would be the 5th DT, a project type of player.

17. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    When you have a guy on your roster as young as he is and who plays in this defense like he plays, you find the money and pay him. He's a big money player. We made a mistake a few years ago letting Waehle get away, don't make the same mistake. They can rework contract and make it all happen.

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm confident in TT that he'll realize what he has and will get the job done.