Cory Williams...."Show him the money"

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says about this, we have ALOT of cap room and he is simply playing lights out football, why let this guy go.... I say we MUST re-sign him....

I know....I know we have depth at the position, but Harrell may never amount to anything, and keeping key players is how teams stay successfull

Today.... Cory Williams- 2 sacks...... 2 Forced Fumbles

1 in the red zone before halftime!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says about this, we have ALOT of cap room and he is simply playing lights out football, why let this guy go.... I say we MUST re-sign him....

I know....I know we have depth at the position, but Harrell may never amount to anything, and keeping key players is how teams stay successfull

Today.... Cory Williams- 2 sacks...... 2 Forced Fumbles

1 in the red zone before halftime!!

I'm very pleased with Williams. I'd like to see him stay a Packer.

He's currently 3rd on the team in sacks and even added a pick.

Reaction score
He has shown consistency this year, which was absent last year despite his great numbers.

He's earned himself a big contract, and my only worry is that he's priced himself out of the Packers' range.

I'd love to have him back though; Pickett/Jolly/Williams/Harrel would be a great DT rotation.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want GB to resign him.

He plays more downs than Jolly has, and has more sacks than any other linemen (besides AK74 and KGB).

Corey also plays DE, can long snap, and play some TE.

Show him the money!!!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I agree, I want him to stay. Hopefully money won't be the only factor in making his decision . .

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like for him to stay but I don't know if it will happen. I read the Pack haven't contacted his agent yet about working something out. I'm not sure they will but they didn't do anything with Jenkins until after the season either and got that done. Same with Kampman in 06.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody wants Corey to leave, but after what I watched average offensive lineman get in last year's free agency I have to believe Corey is in for a big payday. His agent may just want to test the market, and we won't even get a chance, unless we tag him. Does anyone know what the top 5 DT's in the league make? I think this is the starting point to the whole conversation.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read where they said it will be the money i forget the amount but it was high and i know the article said corey would like to stay here but for now he just wants to stay focused on the game thats why he has an agent think the article is on jsonline :)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
If he doesn't want anything too steep, I say release harrell and cole and keep williams. They're both 6'4. However, williams is 27 and harrell is 23.

I know many won't agree with that, I just really like williams. Anytime a defensive tackle is getting a lot of positive attention, it's a good thing.

How bout, release cole, but keep williams and harrell?

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about keep the rotation, the salry cap is yet again going to go up in the offseason and we have lots of cap room, i belive like top 3 in the league

Reaction score
How bout, release cole, but keep williams and harrell?

Yeah, that is something I'd love to see happen.

I think Harrel needs more time to develop, because he has potential to become very useful. So I don't want to cut him so early.

Cole is a serviceable player, but he would probably be the odd man out with a Pickett/Jolly/Williams/Harrel DT rotation. Muir would be the 5th DT, a project type of player.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have a guy on your roster as young as he is and who plays in this defense like he plays, you find the money and pay him. He's a big money player. We made a mistake a few years ago letting Waehle get away, don't make the same mistake. They can rework contract and make it all happen.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have a guy on your roster as young as he is and who plays in this defense like he plays, you find the money and pay him. He's a big money player. We made a mistake a few years ago letting Waehle get away, don't make the same mistake. They can rework contract and make it all happen.

I'm confident in TT that he'll realize what he has and will get the job done.

Members online

Latest posts