Correct me if I am wrong,...The Broncos won 2 SB's

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont remember the Broncos going out a paying for ****** washed up, punk-@$$ Wide receivers who THINK they are better than they are. And on top of that I dont remember Elway even complaining EVER! The truth is Brett has memories of days LONG GONE about Darren Sharper getting burned by Moss . Do you expect me to believe Brett was studing game tape of Randy Moss that last 3 years and BASED ON THAT believe's Moss is that good of a receiver???

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st
2004 Minnesota Viking 13 13 49 767 15.7 82 13 11 6 43
2005 Oakland Raiders 16 15 60 1005 16.8 79 8 15 4 46
2006 Oakland Raiders 13 13 42 553 13.2 51 3 6 1 29

I feel Brett's pain,...and I Am a Militant Favre supporter. But if he really wants to win now, and does not want to play anywhere else, he needs to Get has *** to minicamp and help get these young players up to speed quick and show some leadership in the mundane time of the off season.

I just hope Brett and all of the packer fans who hold one player above the "TEAM" stop being so frigging NEGATIVE. I believe we have a ton of great young talent and the immediate future is bright and exciting. I am looking forward to a 10/11 win season....the only thing missing is leadership, We seem to be relying on Veteran's for leadership but hell....the 3 guys who should be doing their job in that area don't seem to think minicamps are important. Hopefully some of the younger players thinks leadership is important and will have the stones to take this team to the next level because some of the big money guys don't seem so passionate about football

I feel POSITIVE!!!! about this young, talented, character driven team that I can be PROUD to cheer for.

I am a "PACKER" fan,...and real "PACKER FAN'S" and real PACKER's are NOT crybabies!!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I check My XXX111 program Green bay Packers vs the Denver Broncos held in San Diego, Ca. on Sunday January 28, 1998.

The Denver roster for the Super Bowl XXX11 game shows the following :

4 Rookies,-- 3 players with 1 year NFL experience ,--5 players with two years of NFL experience There are also 5 players with 3 year experience.

The rest of Denver team had between 4 years experience and 15 year experience in NFL. Denver Broncos in this Super Bowl XXX11 were a very experienced NFL team led by John Elway with 15 years of NFL experience throwing to WR Rod Smith with with 3 years NFL experience, WR Ed McCaffrey with 7 years experience and TE Shannion Sharpe with 8 years in the NFL. John Elway handed the ball off to RB Terell Davis with 3 years in NFL and Howard Griffin with 5 years in NFL.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont remember the Broncos going out a paying for ****** washed up, punk-@$$ Wide receivers who THINK they are better than they are. And on top of that I dont remember Elway even complaining EVER! The truth is Brett has memories of days LONG GONE about Darren Sharper getting burned by Moss . Do you expect me to believe Brett was studing game tape of Randy Moss that last 3 years and BASED ON THAT believe's Moss is that good of a receiver???

I feel Brett's pain,...and I Am a Militant Favre supporter. But if he really wants to win now, and does not want to play anywhere else, he needs to Get has *** to minicamp and help get these young players up to speed quick and show some leadership in the mundane time of the off season.

I just hope Brett and all of the packer fans who hold one player above the "TEAM" stop being so frigging NEGATIVE. I believe we have a ton of great young talent and the immediate future is bright and exciting. I am looking forward to a 10/11 win season....the only thing missing is leadership, We seem to be relying on Veteran's for leadership but hell....the 3 guys who should be doing their job in that area don't seem to think minicamps are important. Hopefully some of the younger players thinks leadership is important and will have the stones to take this team to the next level because some of the big money guys don't seem so passionate about football

I feel POSITIVE!!!! about this young, talented, character driven team that I can be PROUD to cheer for.

I am a "PACKER" fan,...and real "PACKER FAN'S" and real PACKER's are NOT crybabies!!!

Thank you thank you thank you. Thank You. Excellent post. I just wanted to appreciate your positive, hopeful outlook.

Ok. Now everyone can commence with the shredding and nitpicking apart of your post and ruin a sound, logical point.

OP
OP
J

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I check My XXX111 program Green bay Packers vs the Denver Broncos held in San Diego, Ca. on Sunday January 28, 1998.

4 Rookies,-- 3 players with 1 year NFL experience ,--5 players with two years of NFL experience There are also 5 players with 3 year experience.

The rest of Denver team had between 4 years experience and 15 year experience in NFL. Denver Broncos in this Super Bowl XXX11 were a very experienced NFL team led by John Elway with 15 years of NFL experience throwing to WR Rod Smith with with 3 years NFL experience, WR Ed McCaffrey with 7 years experience and TE Shannion Sharpe with 8 years in the NFL. John Elway handed the ball off to RB Terell Davis with 3 years in NFL and Howard Griffin with 5 years in NFL.

Thanks for the research...good info.

But my point is the Bronco's didn't do anything foolish and and sign any has-been just to make Elway happy. I would have loved to kept Green but honestly his time has past...I will take Driver and Jennings over Smith and McCaffery but have to admit Shannon Sharp is the big difference here. Maybe Bubba can fullfill a small part of his potential and earn his huge payday. Honestly Davis seems just to be part of the Bronco's RB machine with their top notch OL over the years. I like the Highlight's I have seen of the rookie Jackson Kickin *** against the Defending (at the time) national champion Univ. of Texas. Good Things!

OP
OP
J

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't even address the Defense....the Pack will be putting "THE BOOT" to the opposition this year

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now for the nitpicking -- Favre's still recovering from surgery!

If he came to minicamp, it would only be to introduce himself and stand on the sideline with the coaches cracking jokes. The media loves controversy, so they're making a big deal out of Favre missing minicamp. Yet they forget the most important point that he can't participate anyway!

Now I agree that Harris and Woodson should be at minicamp, but there really shouldn't be a problem with Brett being at his daughter's graduation while he's still in recovery. He's currently doing plenty in rehab and will come back to the team strong, in-shape and ready to go. In the meantime, Martin gets some much needed experience.

GO PACK GO!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
PWT36 said:

Thanks for the research...good info.

But my point is the Bronco's didn't do anything foolish and and sign any has-been just to make Elway happy. I would have loved to kept Green but honestly his time has past...I will take Driver and Jennings over Smith and McCaffery but have to admit Shannon Sharp is the big difference here. Maybe Bubba can fullfill a small part of his potential and earn his huge payday. Honestly Davis seems just to be part of the Bronco's RB machine with their top notch OL over the years. I like the Highlight's I have seen of the rookie Jackson Kickin *** against the Defending (at the time) national champion Univ. of Texas. Good Things!

Using this as a guideline... and not to nit-pick but to illustrate a point... look at how this team was built ... Smith and Davis had proven themselves going into the super bowl years... and actually go back and read a little... Elway complained and got Wade Phillips fired... in comes Shannahan in 1995 and look at the talent added to make a run (almost the entire Oline and Defense)... different story with Elway... but he got two coaches fired because he didn't win a super bowl.

They had a veteran all pro line to run behind.. and a very stout veteran Defense.

OFFENSE (Aquired)
WR 80 Rod Smith Undrafted FA 1995
LT 65 Gary Zimmerman - Trade - 1993 Minnesota
LG 69 Mark Schlereth (FA - (Washington) 1995)
C 66 Tom Nalen Draft 1994 7th Round
RG 75 Brian Habib - FA - 1993 (Minnesota)
RT 77 Tony Jones - Trade 1997 (Baltimore)
TE 84 Shannon Sharpe - Draft 1990 - 7th round
WR 87 Ed McCaffrey FA 1995 (San Francisco)
QB 7 John Elway
RB 30 Terrell Davis - 1995 Draft 6th round
FB 29 Howard Griffith FA - 1997 (Carolina)
P 16 Tom Rouen
PK 1 Jason Elam Draft 1993
KRet 22 Vaughn Hebron FA - 1996 (Philly)

DEFENSE
LE 90 Neil Smith FA - 1997 (Kansas City)
LT 94 Keith Traylor FA - 1997 (Kansas City)
RT 98 Maa Tanuvasa
95 Michael Dean Perry FA - 1995 (Cleveland)
RE 91 Alfred Williams FA - 1996 (49ers)
SLB 53 Bill Romanowski FA - 1996 (Philadelphia)
MLB 57 Allen Aldridge Draft 1994 1st Round
WLB 51 John Mobley Draft 1996 1st Round
LCB 39 Ray Crockett FA - 1994 (Detroit)
RCB 21 Darrien Gordon (PRet) FA 1997 (San Diego)
FS 27 Steve Atwater Draft 1989 1st Round
SS 34 Tyrone Braxton Draft 1987 11th round

Rushing
Davis 369 1,750 4.7 50t 15
Hebron 49 222 4.5 46 1

Recieving
Sharpe 72 1,107 15.4 68t 3
R. Smith 70 1,180 16.9 78 12
McCaffrey 45 590 13.1 35 8

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GOLLY GEE! THE PACKERS DRAFTED AN INJURED DT FROM TENNESSEE...SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME! TED THOMPSON IS THE GREATEST GM EVER! MIKE MCCARTHY IS THE NEXT VINCE LOMBARDI!

Is that positive enough? Sorry mate, I've been a Packers fan since 1960. Don't tell me I'm not a Packers fan just because I don't think things are A-O.K. at 1265 Lombardi.

Here's something to chew on: what if Ted drafted all this great young talent and it didn't pan out? Oh, I forgot: you can blame Mike McCarthy!
The Packers drafted players in the 70's and 80's too, but they weren't worth much when the pads went on in September.

Ted has drafted one outstanding player: A.J. Hawk. That was a no-brainer.
He has drafted a few others who have some potential: Spitz, Colledge, Moll, maybe Poppinga, though they seemed interested in upgrading from Poppinga as well. Collins has been ok at best. Redgers? How long do we wait?

In this last draft, oddly enough, the one outstanding pick was Crosby the kicker. That is the type of talent you need to draft, not reaches and whoozits.

Take a moment and go to Packers.com and look at the roster. Look at the starters and write down "Thompson" "Sherman" "Wolf" on a piece of paper and then figure who brought in which starter. Then put a thumbs up or down on next season's potential. A goodly number of the starters are still from prior administrations, plus we don't know if the rookies who did well last year will get better or have a sophmore slump, as many do.

I would like nothing more than be positive. Right now, I'm at the 'we'll see' stage.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
jhensiak said:

GOLLY GEE! THE PACKERS DRAFTED AN INJURED DT FROM TENNESSEE...SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME! TED THOMPSON IS THE GREATEST GM EVER! MIKE MCCARTHY IS THE NEXT VINCE LOMBARDI!

Is that positive enough? Sorry mate, I've been a Packers fan since 1960. Don't tell me I'm not a Packers fan just because I don't think things are A-O.K. at 1265 Lombardi.

Here's something to chew on: what if Ted drafted all this great young talent and it didn't pan out? Oh, I forgot: you can blame Mike McCarthy!
The Packers drafted players in the 70's and 80's too, but they weren't worth much when the pads went on in September.

Ted has drafted one outstanding player: A.J. Hawk. That was a no-brainer.
He has drafted a few others who have some potential: Spitz, Colledge, Moll, maybe Poppinga, though they seemed interested in upgrading from Poppinga as well. Collins has been ok at best. Redgers? How long do we wait?

In this last draft, oddly enough, the one outstanding pick was Crosby the kicker. That is the type of talent you need to draft, not reaches and whoozits.

Take a moment and go to Packers.com and look at the roster. Look at the starters and write down "Thompson" "Sherman" "Wolf" on a piece of paper and then figure who brought in which starter. Then put a thumbs up or down on next season's potential. A goodly number of the starters are still from prior administrations, plus we don't know if the rookies who did well last year will get better or have a sophmore slump, as many do.

I would like nothing more than be positive. Right now, I'm at the 'we'll see' stage.

I'm behind your theory, but man, you have a lot of inaccuracies and overlooks. The theory is plain and simple though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truely miss the "good old days", when i had NO idea what was going on between the last game of the season and the start of the next.
Cause whats gonna happen is whats gonna happen, no matter HOW much P&Ming is going on.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ron Wolf
  • Brett Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks
    Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher
    Kabeer Baja-Biamilla

Mike Sherman
  • Scott Wells
    Aaron Kampman
    Nick Barnett
    Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • Vernand Morency
    Brandon Miree
    Greg Jennings
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Justin Harrell
    AJ Hawk
    Brady Poppinga
    Charles Woodson
    Nick Collins
    Marviel Underwood

Pretty neat, thanks for the idea net! I thought it was pretty interesting that the Sherman's guys were resigned or renegotiated to stay in GB by Ted Thompson.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no zero dont you know that TT hates Sherman and deliberatly gets rid of his players. oh wait theres no truth to that at all. thanks for pullin that info Zero, pretty interesting.

i cant stand when people bring emotions into the personell moves. Teds drafting because he hates Favre, or Teds not signing Wolfs players because he wants to get out of his shadow... or Ted is trying to weed out Shermans guys so he looks better.. or Favre hates Ted.. shut up already. theres absolutely no truth or evidence to support any of that crap.

Ted is making every move, in order to make the Green Bay Packers better.

but go ahead and believe Ted Thompson is out to get you and the Green Bay Packers... if it makes you feel better.

net your post was obviously emotional... but the only good pick was Crosby. a kicker that may not even start??? you really have no idea what the hell your talking about. how bout wait till camp before you tell everyone how bad the draftees are.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net your post was obviously emotional... but the only good pick was Crosby. a kicker that may not even start??? you really have no idea what the hell your talking about. how bout wait till camp before you tell everyone how bad the draftees are.[/quote]

It wasn't emotional at all....I'm going to say it again...slowly...here we go...
"I was talking about the 'LEVEL' of talent at a position.

Crosby was considered among the top two kickers in the nation.

Was Justin H. rated that high at his position?
Was Jackson?
Was Jones?
etc.
etc.
etc.

That was what I was talking about.

My wife tells me I don't know much, but she doesn't follow the Packers. I do. You, on the other hand could be accused of the same thing you of which you accused me. My analysis wasn't emotional.

It was a statement on drafting talent considered among the upper echelons of draftable talent.

Yes, he's a low-round kicker, but he could be an outstanding player, given his play in college. The college kicking game is close to the pro game, unlike most other positions.

Sound emotional?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus the fact that no one truely knows who is good or bad until they actually play in the NFL. Alot of 1st rounders are busts, and sometimes 7th rounders turn out to be gold.
We don't get paid to make the choices for the team. We are just bystanders that give our opinions.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that the only two GMs we ever see TT compared to are Matt Millen and Mike Sherman.

Hmmm............

except a lot of posters point out the new england patriots and the steelers as examples of what it looks like TT is going for.

Oh, but we didn't name names. :rotflmao:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Interesting that the only two GMs we ever see TT compared to are Matt Millen and Mike Sherman.

Hmmm............

except a lot of posters point out the new england patriots and the steelers as examples of what it looks like TT is going for.

Oh, but we didn't name names. :rotflmao:

Examples, links?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ron Wolf
  • Brett Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks
    Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher
    Kabeer Baja-Biamilla

Mike Sherman
  • Scott Wells
    Aaron Kampman
    Nick Barnett
    Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • Vernand Morency
    Brandon Miree
    Greg Jennings
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Justin Harrell
    AJ Hawk
    Brady Poppinga
    Charles Woodson
    Nick Collins
    Marviel Underwood

Pretty neat, thanks for the idea net! I thought it was pretty interesting that the Sherman's guys were resigned or renegotiated to stay in GB by Ted Thompson.

I still think that's neat.

Packula

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf
  • Brett Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks
    Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher
    Kabeer Baja-Biamilla

Mike Sherman
  • Scott Wells
    Aaron Kampman
    Nick Barnett
    Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • Vernand Morency
    Brandon Miree
    Greg Jennings
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Justin Harrell
    AJ Hawk
    Brady Poppinga
    Charles Woodson
    Nick Collins
    Marviel Underwood

Isn't Cullen Jenkins projected as the starter?

Wouldn't that take one off of Wolf and put on on Sherman? (Jenkins, FA 2004)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hmmm............
I myself don't think TT has been here long enough to compare him to anyone. You have to have some time in order to show if you are good or bad at the job. In my opinion, he hasn't had enough time on the job to make an honest judgement either way.
If you think he should be gone just because the Pack hasn't made the SB in his 2 seasons on the job, when he really didn't have a whole lot to work with from the start, to me thats not being fair. I honestly believe no one else could have done better under the same circumstances.
If you just keep a revolving door going in the GM position, you can just about guarentee constant losing, as each guy will want to do it HIS way when he gets here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Ron Wolf
  • Brett Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks
    Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher
    Kabeer Baja-Biamilla

Mike Sherman
  • Scott Wells
    Aaron Kampman
    Nick Barnett
    Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • Vernand Morency
    Brandon Miree
    Greg Jennings
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Justin Harrell
    AJ Hawk
    Brady Poppinga
    Charles Woodson
    Nick Collins
    Marviel Underwood

Isn't Cullen Jenkins projected as the starter?

Wouldn't that take one off of Wolf and put on on Sherman? (Jenkins, FA 2004)

Excellent point!

Ron Wolf
  • Brett Favre
    Donald Driver
    Bubba Franks
    Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher

Mike Sherman
  • Scott Wells
    Aaron Kampman
    Cullen Jenkins
    Nick Barnett
    Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • Vernand Morency
    Brandon Miree
    Greg Jennings
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Justin Harrell
    AJ Hawk
    Brady Poppinga
    Charles Woodson
    Nick Collins
    Marviel Underwood

Wasn't Jenkins resigned by Ted as well??