Cornerback...

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sidney Jones suffered a torn Achilles tendon. Would you guys take him at 29? Furthermore, if TT does not address CB in situation I'd say we HAVE to double dip in the draft, preferrably in the 1st + 2nd or 3rd when imo we can only trust one of Randall/Rollins/Gunter to turn in a solid season.

If he's still there in the 2nd the value may be to good to pass up but absolutely not wanting them to burn their 1st rounder on him

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sidney Jones suffered a torn Achilles tendon. Would you guys take him at 29? Furthermore, if TT does not address CB in situation I'd say we HAVE to double dip in the draft, preferrably in the 1st + 2nd or 3rd when imo we can only trust one of Randall/Rollins/Gunter to turn in a solid season.

I'd take him in the second hands down. I think he's going to fall because of that injury but he's long, athletic, fast, and has ball skills. This guy's going to be Richard Sherman with speed watch. I'd definitely take him in the second. This is probably one of the top 3 cover corners in the draft hands down.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does everyone think of 2014 6th Rd pick Demetri Goodson so far? Imo he is a physical tackler with special teams value, but he has shown to be a liability in coverage also seems to be out of position alot. Overall I believe we can find better value than him in the draft and he can be let go or at least pushed down the depth chart!

Your third sentence sums up the entire corner group.

Reaction score
From what we've heard from McCarthy it doesn't sound like they are giving up on Randall, Rollins just yet. But with the release of Shields they really need a CB who can cover the outside, not in the slot. I'd imagine they'll pick one in the first two rounds of the draft, or Thompson is going to sign a so so street free agent within a day or two. Who's still out there for Cornerback on the market?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If he's still there in the 2nd the value may be to good to pass up but absolutely not wanting them to burn their 1st rounder on him

No way. We don't need to bring in another small body corner from the Pac 12. This guy will get manhandled by other teams no.1's.

I'm glad he is off the board so TT can't make the mistake of drafting him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'd take him in the second hands down. I think he's going to fall because of that injury but he's long, athletic, fast, and has ball skills. This guy's going to be Richard Sherman with speed watch. I'd definitely take him in the second. This is probably one of the top 3 cover corners in the draft hands down.

Not a chance. Sherman is 6'3. This guy is 6 foot. I'm not sure what the love affair with this guy is.

His body type won't hold up.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a chance. Sherman is 6'3. This guy is 6 foot. I'm not sure what the love affair with this guy is.

His body type won't hold up.

Lol Body type? Man you must not watch a lot of football as there are similar sized corners scattered all over the NFL. A lot who don't have injury issues. He's a smooth athlete with quick feet and ball skills. That's what the "love" affair is.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lol Body type? Man you must not watch a lot of football as there are similar sized corners scattered all over the NFL. A lot who don't have injury issues. He's a smooth athlete with quick feet and ball skills. That's what the "love" affair is.

He looked a little lost finding the ball and was dropping some at the Combine. Hips were a little tight too. Don't be fooled. This guy isn't Marcus Peters.

Fabian Moreau is a better prospect then Rice if you must draft a pac 12 guy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked a little lost finding the ball and was dropping some at the Combine. Hips were a little tight too. Don't be fooled. This guy isn't Marcus Peters.

Fabian Moreau is a better prospect then Rice if you must draft a pac 12 guy.

Who Sidney Rice? lol I would hope so haha

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When House is your number 1 CB you are screwed. If House and rookies are added to the worst pass defense in the NFL, you can expect the same results as last season. The defense is a train wreck but a guy who played his way off the Jags is now suppossed to pass for a number 1 corner. Maybe the 2 TE formation will result in the offense scoring 50 per game and the defense doesn't matter any more.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the BRICK house pick up. He is a keeper. Now sign Frank Winters and C wood and .... get the hell outta my driveway.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin King, Damontae Kazee, Chidobe Awuzie and Cam Sutton. Draft one and it will help our secondary immensely. I really like Jalen Myrick also but he may need a year or 2 to grow into solid starting CB. I say draft 1 in 3rd and other in 5th if available!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Kevin King, Damontae Kazee, Chidobe Awuzie and Cam Sutton. Draft one and it will help our secondary immensely. I really like Jalen Myrick also but he may need a year or 2 to grow into solid starting CB. I say draft 1 in 3rd and other in 5th if available!

I'd be happy with any of those guys. I think Sutton is gonna be the steal of the draft at corner.

Don't leave out Fabian Moreau either.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with any of those guys. I think Sutton is gonna be the steal of the draft at corner.

Don't leave out Fabian Moreau either.
Sutton is a Hyde type player, he doesn't do 1 thing great but does everything well... I like Moreau also but have a feeling he will go pretty early like 33-45. I have him going to the 49ers with their 2nd pick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sutton is a Hyde type player, he doesn't do 1 thing great but does everything well... I like Moreau also but have a feeling he will go pretty early like 33-45. I have him going to the 49ers with their 2nd pick.

Tre'davious White is a better cover guy then Hyde coming out of college and he can return punts as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What about Desmond King? He looks pretty good.

I really like Desmond King and he is a solid football player. He didnt have the best combine but has some good tape. Nobody really knows if he is gonna be a corner or a safety. He might be worth a roll of the dice. I see him being available in the 3rd.

Iowa left him on an island but can he do it in the pro's is the question.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

No way. We don't need to bring in another small body corner from the Pac 12. This guy will get manhandled by other teams no.1's.

I'm glad he is off the board so TT can't make the mistake of drafting him.

Jones is an extremely talented cornerback but with the Packers needing immediate help at the position I would be reluctant to draft him after he tore his Achilles during Washington's pro day.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Jones is an extremely talented cornerback but with the Packers needing immediate help at the position I would be reluctant to draft him after he tore his Achilles during Washington's pro day.

I believe there to be better corner backs in this draft then Jones that the Packers will have an opportunity to get.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts