1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cornell Brockington

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DePack, Jan 27, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    THE Cornell Brockington declared early for the draft, passing up his senior season at Connecticut. Cornell is the cousin of the great John Brockington. He went through the NFL scout process and apparently liked what he heard. I have seen him evaluated as a late round pick if he came out.

He is a 6' 0" 200 lb RB, and has "decent" speed. I'm not sure why he is coming out. If anybody has any more info on him, I'd appreciate it. His cousin used to be my favorite player.

BTW......the last RB we drafted out of Connecticut was....Eric Torkelson. How did that work out?

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Who is Eric Torkelson?

#33 Cornell Brockington | RB
    Full Name: Cornell Brockington
    Born: October 26, 1983
    Birth Place: Burlington, NJ
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 192 lbs.

Pos: RB
    Class: Junior
    ATT 85 | YDS 337 | TD 4

3. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    STORRS, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut tailback Cornell Brockington will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after being used as a part-time player by the Huskies in 2005.

"Cornell liked what he heard back from the league and has decided to pursue this avenue," UConn head coach Randy Edsall said Friday.

Brockington had only 85 carries for 337 yards and four touchdowns as a junior last season, playing behind Terry Caulley. In 2004, Brockington started in place of the injured Caulley and ran for 1,218 rushing yards.

Brockington finished his career with 2,198 yards rushing in 33 games with UConn.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Per Rivals he runs a 4.5 - 40.

4. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Eric Torkelson was a RB in the late 70's.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks traxx. I wonder why he is leaving early. Man, his cousin had a couple of great seasons for us.

6. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    side note,he was the brother of the Peter Torkelson,of the band called the Monkees. Just a little infro you did not need. :rubeyes: :rotflmao:

7. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And he ran about as well as Peter played :tables: