1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Corey Williams

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerfan4Life, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did he play his last game as a Green Bay Packer?

If he hits free agency and doesn't come back, how much does he make per year?

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    He's as good as gone...if the Pack were to re-sign him, they would have done it by now and put some of his $$$ on this year's cap, don't you think?

I'm not sure how much he makes but it'll be significant since DT are a premium in this year's FA.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If so, I hope Harrell can fill his shoes. Getting seven sacks up the middle twice in a row is pretty impressive.

4. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Don't forget about Johnny Jolly. He will return next season and he improved greatly this season.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jolly was playing every bit as good as Williams was before he got hurt. I'm excited about Jolly.

I hope we resign Williams but in the end we have depth and talent there so it's not that big of a deal if he leaves in my opinion.

6. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I would LOVE to see him back. As much as we preach about having quality depth on our Defensive line, well, you can't get a much better rotation then Williams mixed in with the other guys.

If the pack could somehow sign him to a 2-3 year deal, even if it's pretty hefty, I say we do it. However, unless he just really wants to stay here in GB, I don't see it happening. Too bad though, he's pretty darn good.

7. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Colin Cole?

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i want to keep them all.

9. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

10. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So do I, but with the depth we have there, I think the money could be better spent elsewhere (CB, depth at OL).

I was thinking he'll get somewhere along the lines of $4-5 mil a year...

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    That's what I think he'll be making too. Would the Packers be better off spending that money elsewhere? Probably. I still want to keep him.

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Here is the thing about Williams, is that he gives us versitility that only Jenkins does other than him.. IMO Williams could play every position on the line and to be honest, I think with his height and length of arms might be the best DE on the team.

-Yes, I said he might be the best overall DE on the team if given the chance.. might not be the best pass rusher using speed, but I wouldn't be scared either to rely on him to play either. Rotate him up and down the line... he has a blend of speed, strength and agility that might be best suited outside.

With all that said, he might be out of our price range.... I don't know what they were asking for in terms of contract, but midseason might have been the golden time to get something done.

13. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i hope we keep him he has much said he would like to stay in green bay and he was willing to do it for less which says alot about him l