Corey Williams moving to DE

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard on the radio today that they plan on moving Corey Williams to DE and he could even see significant time ahead of KGB as early as this Sunday.

Just something to watch for.

I kind of like the move. KGB is declining and struggling. He's been a huge liability. Williams has been a decent pass rusher up the middle and is a smaller DT so he is kind of a tweener in those regards. Really never seen him play at DE though so should be a unique experiment.

Perhaps this is some of the changes that the Packers have been hinting towards.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio today that they plan on moving Corey Williams to DE and he could even see significant time ahead of KGB as early as this Sunday.

Just something to watch for.

I kind of like the move. KGB is declining and struggling. He's been a huge liability. Williams has been a decent pass rusher up the middle and is a smaller DT so he is kind of a tweener in those regards. Really never seen him play at DE though so should be a unique experiment.

Perhaps this is some of the changes that the Packers have been hinting towards.

I heard this too from Chris Havel, he also mentioned that Hunter might get more playing time..This might be the change they were talking about..

Havel also said he thinks this is the way KGB will be pushed out..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like a good move because neither of our DE's has had much relief this season, while we are overstocked with medium-talent DT's. Montgomery seems to be the only DE who gets significant playing time other than KGB and Kampman, and he's done very little. He's looking like one of those guys who shines in the preseason and then disappears during the regular season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the move, it should have happened sooner! Id speak more about it, but Ive been told not to, "for the rest of the member's sake"

Members online

Latest posts