Copy the Steelers Gameplan

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was happy as hell when I first heard we were going to the Steelers style 3-4 before the 2009 season, with former Steelers coach Dom Capers and player Kevin Greene.

We have to bottle up Michael Turner to beat Atlanta. If we can do what Pittsburgh did this year against Turner, we can CRUSH the Falcons. The Steelers held the Falcons to 9 points because they made it a huge priority to bang Turner every chance possible as soon and often as possible. They held Turner to 19 carries for 42 yards. Our run defense has to be ON TOP and just follow that Steelers gameplan.

That Steelers win came with Dennis Dixon QBing them as Big Ben was out with the funny little suspension.

If they can beat Atlanta with Dixon, we can beat them. It almost all rests on if we can bottle up Turner like the Steelers did. It can be done. And with our huge beefy DL, and Hawk and Bishop at ILB, bring Peprah up into the box, I see no reason why we can't keep that tree-trumped legged Turner to around 50 yards on 20 carries.

If we do that, and our offense plays even their 'B' game, we advance to the NFC Title game. Barring more disasterous special teams breakdowns by Slocum's units.

Here is that Steelers-Falcons box score. Yes, it was in Pittsburgh, not Atlanta. Still, stopping Turner is the key.

NFL Game Center: Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers - 2010 Week 1

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
There's only so much Capers can gameplan for. He will certainly plan to focus on Turner, as that's what killed us in the first meeting. What it will come down to is if, put in the right spot, our guys can tackle him.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
keeping them off the field is key. atlanta thrives on long monotonous drives. if they feel pressured to score quicker than what they are used to then we win

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that teams aren't bothered by long drives--the feeling is that the offense will make a mistake before they score. That's part of the "bend, don't break" defense.

Members online

Latest posts