Contracts

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it deemed socially okay that teams and owners can terminate contracts, while players that holdout for more money and sit out part of the season are considered to be villians? Both are disregarding a contract.

Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating for either side, I would just like to hear other opinions on the matter.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owners are not disregarding a contract. THey are within their rights as terms of the contracts to do so. Players on the other hand, do not honor a contract when they hold out.

Trust me, if the owners were disregarding the terms of the contract there would be major lawsuits.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owners are not disregarding a contract. THey are within their rights as terms of the contracts to do so. Players on the other hand, do not honor a contract when they hold out.

Trust me, if the owners were disregarding the terms of the contract there would be major lawsuits.
Thanks for clearing that up Trippster! I KNEW there was something i was missing, but you cleared it up!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is why it is important to get the signing bonus money. That is the only gauranteed money that is in a players contract. Players can be terminated at any time. However, the signing bonus prorating gets accelerated, so it is difficult to cut some players that had huge signing bonuses (see also: Benson, Cedric)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

perfectly said

Latest posts