Conspiracy!

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I have broken out the tinfoil to make a Ushanka that I am proudly wearing upon my slightly balding noggin because there is a conspiracy afoot. Here it is –

Packers management has no intention of giving Aaron Rodgers a contract extension and if needed the Packers will franchise him in 2020. The evidence:

Kurt Cousins contract when signed later today is fully guaranteed at $84 million for three years. The Vikings are doing this because their window is right now with the right QB. This sets the stage for a fully guaranteed 3 year $90M to $95M Rodgers extension or if 2019 is torn-up a four year $120 to $130. Can you say Salary cap hell if he suffers a career ending injury?

This regime looks to be taking an “all-in approach” and evidence points to another decent FA signing in addition to Graham & Wilkerson.

Gutekunst has been very non-committal “take care of itself” concerning a contract or about a timetable on signing Rodgers.

Finally Guteknust when broken apart is roughly translated as “good end” gute (good) knust (end). Aaron has been the only thing good about this team and obviously it’s going to end.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikings had given Cousins a 5/140 with 84M guaranteed it would be essentially the same as giving him a 3 year fully guaranteed contract.

Please realize this. Media acts like this "fully guaranteed" is huge, but it's essentially how most QB contracts are set up. When Rodgers got his last contract, 5/110, he had $62.5M guaranteed. So basically 3 years fully guaranteed. This isn't groundbreaking.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikings had given Cousins a 5/140 with 84M guaranteed it would be essentially the same as giving him a 3 year fully guaranteed contract.

Please realize this. Media acts like this "fully guaranteed" is huge, but it's essentially how most QB contracts are set up. When Rodgers got his last contract, 5/110, he had $62.5M guaranteed. So basically 3 years fully guaranteed. This isn't groundbreaking.

I was talking about this with some buddies yesterday. Couldn't agree more.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have broken out the tinfoil to make a Ushanka that I am proudly wearing upon my slightly balding noggin because there is a conspiracy afoot. Here it is –

Packers management has no intention of giving Aaron Rodgers a contract extension and if needed the Packers will franchise him in 2020. The evidence:

Kurt Cousins contract when signed later today is fully guaranteed at $84 million for three years. The Vikings are doing this because their window is right now with the right QB. This sets the stage for a fully guaranteed 3 year $90M to $95M Rodgers extension or if 2019 is torn-up a four year $120 to $130. Can you say Salary cap hell if he suffers a career ending injury?

This regime looks to be taking an “all-in approach” and evidence points to another decent FA signing in addition to Graham & Wilkerson.

Gutekunst has been very non-committal “take care of itself” concerning a contract or about a timetable on signing Rodgers.

Finally Guteknust when broken apart is roughly translated as “good end” gute (good) knust (end). Aaron has been the only thing good about this team and obviously it’s going to end.
Did you play or will you play in the NFL? Seeing how you are able to jump to conclusions, I'm estimating your vertical as close to 50"!!!

;)

OP
OP
ARPackFan

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Did you play or will you play in the NFL? Seeing how you are able to jump to conclusions, I'm estimating your vertical as close to 50"!!!

;)

The only part of my that going over 50 at this point is my age and lets not discuss weight. I'm not sure I could do 50 horizontal.

But the team can amortize the guaranteed money over more years and lessen the burden on any one year . Aaron's contract has zero guaranteed money left on it. I just think it's going to be something to watch and will be surprised if a contract extension is done by the end of 2018. Hey, the tin foiled should have given this away as pure conjecture on my part.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers management has no intention of giving Aaron Rodgers a contract extension and if needed the Packers will franchise him in 2020.

I'm absolutely convinced Gutekunst and Ball are planning on getting an extension done with Rodgers this offseason and according to several reports a few weeks back there was considerable progress being made.

FWIW Kunst doesn't translat to end but to arts.

Members online

Latest posts