Conspiracy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Aaron beating Nall out, that isnt really true. Aaron is obviously the future after Favre. So you have to make him the 2nd string.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
As for Aaron beating Nall out, that isnt really true. Aaron is obviously the future after Favre. So you have to make him the 2nd string.

That doesn't make sense. If he's the future, obviously he's better because if he wasn't the future, Nall would have been the backup.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Anubis said:
True enough. However, I don't imagine the Pack sans Favre going through growing pains with A-Rod would generate the kinds of audiences the NFL seems to be shooting for this season.

Why not..? According to one, "knowledgeable", "fact-based", poster here...Favre is only good for 1-2 more wins a year anyway...for the Pack over Aaron Rodgers....so I guess they're almost equal....

Didn't you know that..?

yep, good to see you're thinking straight now.

-2005 Favre is not the 1997 Favre.
-2006 Rodgers is probably closer to the 2006 Favre than you think, but still not there yet, he still has work to do, a lot.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"-2006 Rodgers is probably closer to the 2006 Favre than you think, but still not there yet, he still has work to do, a lot".

Okay trom, you have to be baiting here, tell me you really don't believe what you said here ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, I do belive A-rod has a lot of work to do. Its true.

How much work does it take to be able to have a 29 INT season?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's amazing what some people post here..isn't it?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is no where near Favre's caliber at this time in their careers. I don't see Rodgers being a good NFL QB. That's just what I saw out of him. Even in Training Camp he looked more like a backup.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
-2006 Rodgers is probably closer to the 2006 Favre than you think, but still not there yet, he still has work to do, a lot.

this is some serious double talk my man...but they are oceans apart without question. not close by any means.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no, I do belive A-rod has a lot of work to do. Its true.

How much work does it take to be able to have a 29 INT season?

Yes.......Rodgers could have had 29 INTS.........but i DOUBT he would have had 20 TOUCHDOWN throws to go with that. AND i bet he would have been SACKED another 30 times then Favre. Just looking at ONE side of the coin, you can make the argument.......but looking at the WHOLE thing makes your statement look kind of lame.
AND........i DON'T think Rodgers beat out Nall at ALL.......i think it was "Geez, we picked Rodgers as our first pick, we BETTER make him #2! Otherwise we look like idiots!"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not double talk at all. I said he has work to do to get to favres level, but he is CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.

Closer than you think = I said that because a lot of people think he is still the 97' Favre, which he isn't.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
not double talk at all. I said he has work to do to get to favres level, but he is CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.

Closer than you think = I said that because a lot of people think he is still the 97' Favre, which he isn't.

ok then.

as long as you know 'closer than you think' is still 'nowhere near each other' i can live with that...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Closer then you think".......ok, to me that means he's about to "Joey Harrington's" level..........well, i don't think Rodgers is even THAT close yet. He has done nothing so far to impress me. Nall did more then Rodgers. Don't get me wrong, i HOPE i'm wrong..........i DON'T want Rodgers to be anther Randy Wright.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
all about da packers said:
Zero2Cool said:
You calling Brett a liar?

I don't think Brett is a liar. After rereading my post, I should have been a little more clear on my point. I meant that it is possible that Brett doesn't think the world of TT, and perhaps doesn't get along with TT in the best of ways. That doesn't mean he hates TT. I'm just saying that the point PFT.com have been making about Favre not liking TT is sort of a "no $**t sherlock" type of thing, because the fact is that no two people are going to admire each other to death. Brett may not like certain things about TT, and vice versa, but I think it isn't right to say because of that "hate" Brett is twisting TT's tail.

I mean after all, if you hated and despised a guy like Brett does with TT (according to PFT.com), why on earth would you even talk with him twice a week, at least, over the phone for the last couple of months?

Ahh I see now ... I trying to figure out why you were saying Brett hates TT or even that there is that possibility when Brett jus said for the umpteenth time that he gets along with him very well.

As you said they speak twice a week.

Yeah - that original comment threw me for a moment, as well.

But, if you go back and re-watch the entire video - Favre comes right out and says: "I've worked with (both) TT & MM before. We get along great" (or something to that affect) -- So, NO, I don't think this is about a dislike/or hate routine and Favre's using the media to blow smoke anywhere.

Z - I still like that 2 year approach for Favre --- it makes more sense than anything.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have re watched the video and I do not recall the "getting along GREAT" part. I recall him being polite and saying this has nothing to do with MM and TT.

I also recall him making it pretty clear that nothing has been done to improve this team to the point where it needs to be if it will be competitive.

Well, who, would be in charge of that ?

I also recall him hinting that FA is almost over.

Why would he say that ?

TT may be winning the media battle with you and a lot of fans right now but we will see how that ends up !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I have re watched the video and I do not recall the "getting along GREAT" part. I recall him being polite and saying this has nothing to do with MM and TT.

I also recall him making it pretty clear that nothing has been done to improve this team to the point where it needs to be if it will be competitive.

Why would he say that ?

TT may be winning the media battle with you and a lot of fans right now but we will see how that ends up !!!

He was asked about his 'cut me' comment. Some of his reply was "Do I think they will cut me, no. " then added "do I have any hard feelings towards ted thompson or mike mccarthy, absolutely not, where that would ever come from I have no idea, I like both of them we have a great relationship, my decision is not base on Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy"

I believe he hinted at FA being nearly over because it was his way of saying 'Ted get ur *** in gear' ...

Entire 13 Minute News Conf
His comments come at the end of the video. Specifically the final five minutes of it.

Reaction score
tromadz said:

I agree with you when you say that Favre is past his prime. He is still a hell of a QB, but it is unfair to make comparisons to the past Favre of 97.

As to the whole A-Rod issue, I think he is honestly a ways behind Brett, and I personally believe that he won't be able to get into the same league as Brett until A-Rod gets some real game experience. A-Rod can learn the playbook all he wants, but I think he needs some repition of making reads, reading defences and adjusting accordingly. I think he has some amazing physical tools, on par with Favre, but mentally I think he is a worlds apart from Favre. IMO, only real game experience will get him that.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Why would he say that ?

He was asked about his 'cut me' comment. Some of his reply was "Do I think they will cut me, no. " then added "do I have any hard feelings towards ted thompson or mike mccarthy, absolutely not, where that would ever come from I have no idea, I like both of them we have a great relationship, my decision is not base on Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy"

I believe he hinted at FA being nearly over because it was his way of saying 'Ted get ur *** in gear' ...

Entire 13 Minute News Conf
His comments come at the end of the video. Specifically the final five minutes of it.

Thanks for the clarification Z2C !!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course Rodgers is close to Brett !!!

He holded the clipboards on the side while Brett was playing !!! I wish I can get that close to Favre!!!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This "conspiracy" involves so many people that I cannot believe there would be no leaks. But mostly I just don't think that Favre is the type to trick people. He's no actor. Did we not learn anything from "There's Something About Mary"?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
This "conspiracy" involves so many people that I cannot believe there would be no leaks. But mostly I just don't think that Favre is the type to trick people. He's no actor. Did we not learn anything from "There's Something About Mary"?

DUDE! He almost won a grammy for that. ... Wait, Emmy! (can't even ******** my way on this one im laughin too hard)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will NEVER be in Favre's league his entire career....Few QB's are in the NFL....or the history of the NFL..for that matter.....

and Favre hasn't "lost it" as some of you people here think....

(surround him with some NFL talent...not NFL Europe talent..and you will see what I am talking about....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts