Congratulations to our new starting FB, ex-LB Korey Hall

Reaction score
Coach Mike McCarthy said today — the final day of training camp practice — that rookie Korey Hall, the converted linebacker from Boise State, has locked up the starting fullback job.

Source

Well done to the converted LB, it looks like he has really turned heads being able to make such a smooth transition.

Let's just hope he can stay injury free, unlike his counterpart Brandon Miree.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweet! Hopefully he will do well this year, if he keeps his pad level low and gets his blocking assignments down i will be happy but i predict he will be even better as his career progresses.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome. So glad this kid could make an impact and the starting squad. Now he can buy a house in GB - he hasn't yet since he wasn't sure if was going to make the team.

He can always play LB if someone goes down too!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
where's the "LB to FB? Thompson is retarded!" crowd now.

blah. good for Hall.

Whom has he beaten out.. Miree who can't stay healthy for more than a couple of seconds... and some Undrafted FA rookies (plus Powdrell is on IR)... some of this might be a product of whom he faced and competed with in Camp..

Not trying to take away anything from him, my hats off to him for all the hard work he put in the last couple of months.

But is winning a one horse race really winning???

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFL it is.

I'm very happy we're going to have him on the team, but I'm surprised he beat out Miree. I know he missed at least one pickup that led to a sack.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that a rookie, converted-linebacker won our starting fullback spot has me a little worried.

I hope the kid does alright, he seems like a hard worker. I'll be rooting for him.

On a side note: I would have really liked to see Justin Griffith in Green and Gold.

Speaking of fullbacks, anyone know what happened to the Wisconsin fullback, Matt Bernstein??? Wasn't he supposed to be one of the top fullbacks in the draft a year ago??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really worried, this is what they PLANNED on doing from the second they selected him.

And I'm sure ill get smashed for this but...Miree looked good in last week's game...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
A Linebacker to Starting Full Back and a Starting Quarterback to a cook in a federal prison.

Only in the NFL.

Isn't that QB to WIDE receiver in federal prison?

One of the upsides to hall is that he, as a LB, pursues contact. Likes to blow people up. this is the exact type of attitude you want from your FB. I like it. The blits reads will come and fast. LB's have to read alot too.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really worried, this is what they PLANNED on doing from the second they selected him.

And I'm sure ill get smashed for this but...Miree looked good in last week's game...

I've never had a problem with Miree other than his shoulder. Before he was injured the first time he beat out Henderson as starting FB.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping Miree can still show enough to make the roster. Even if he's injury prone, he's still the most experienced FB we have and it'd suck to see him get cut.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vonta Leach was a converted linebacker. (And got a sweet contract from the Texans; like $2 million a season, multiyear.)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall has really impressed and he's still such a raw prospect at that. To think that he is starting in his 1st year says a lot about KOREY HALL. Not the scouting department because said they didn't think he'd start at FB right away either but Hall came out and proved them wrong. I say good for him and I hope he grows into the position week after week cause he's still got a long ways to go.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now this will attract slings and arrows if anything will....I was just musing a bit about all the talk of weakness in our backup LBers. Most "experts" pray that we have no injuries to our first 3. So do I. Now we'll surely be forced to pick up one or two RBs/FBs (unless TT is REALLY stiff necked) Now if TT does so, and it works out well, is it possible that Korey Hall may be back to #3 FB and thus be of more value as a backup LB? Now granted that he hasn't been practicing there but it is definitely his best position and he obviously is a fast learner. Just throwing it out there because he was a very good LB in college. Start firing!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts