Congrats?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
With 6 minutes left ...Well, the Badgers win the distinction of being humiliated by the Big Ten's professional football team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, I guess there's honor in earning it over the rest. I'm not sure they win, but I hope it's better than last time.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they play like today they may have a chance to at least look good!

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Truly, I thought the Minnesota Gophers were better than they showed yesterday.

Nothing would make me happier than to have the Badgers surprise Ohio State. Unlike Alabama losing two games and still being #5 (I can't hardly believe how skewed this playoff system is toward Alabama and the SEC in general) ... I think a one loss OSU team would drop like a lead balloon.

For that to happen, Chryst would need to drop a test tube of something in Columbus, or, send some REALLY bad Mexican food to OSU's hotel in Indy the day before the game ... perhaps if he had an army of flying monkeys???? Anyway, this is where NCAA football loses me ... it's always the same schools - which is fine for those fans who don't care HOW their teams are so high year-in and year-out.

Big money wins out.

Trying to keep myself focused here ... remember when the Badgers, pre-Barry Alvarez, explanation for being so bad year after year was that Wisconsin's academic standards were too high to compete with the likes of Michigan and Ohio State? Well, Barry's contract expires after the 2021 season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be much more intriguing if Bucky hadn't choked vs Ill.
It would at least be something to talk about, but even if WI would go 1-1 vs OH state with their win coming in the BIGChampionship, they'd still lean to OH st or Alabama. WI would have to be undefeated.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be much more intriguing if Bucky hadn't choked vs Ill.

Bucky always finds a way to lose to teams like Illinois every year. Even if they play like they did yesterday against Ohio State (which will be tough because OS's defense is better than the worst NFL teams ;)) Wisconsin will still lose. But winning the West will enable them to play in a significant bowl game this year. If OS goes to the playoffs could WI go to the Rose Bowl?

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucky always finds a way to lose to teams like Illinois every year. Even if they play like they did yesterday against Ohio State (which will be tough because OS's defense is better than the worst NFL teams ;)) Wisconsin will still lose. But winning the West will enable them to play in a significant bowl game this year. If OS goes to the playoffs could WI go to the Rose Bowl?

I think the Rose Bowl becomes at large then, doesn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts