Congrats to the 2nd best coach in Packer history!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
yeah..i admit that he failed as GM..

(but he's a damned good coach...better than Sherman--you have to admit..)

and if he stayed in GB..there would be a few more SB trophy's in the case at Lambeau...

(DePack..another poster stated that without Holmgren...Favre would have been a washed up..."never was" at QB....you don't agree with that..do you...what is it with people who attack Favre?)

Yea, I admit Holmgren was a better coach. He left to be a GM though. And I read that remark about Favre. It was so ridiculous I didn't even respond.

Packman 4loser...don't get your ******* in a bunch...I'm just messin' with my boy 66. I am over the Sherman firing. I've never seen someone so happy about a man not getting a job. How many times were you a headcoach in the NFL? Besides your joy is costing us 3.2 million a year.

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now you call Favre a loser?

Wow some Packer fan you are..

Hey... do us all a favor and become a Bear fan with an attitude like that.

Yea, you really care about the Packers don't ya?

You are way toooooooooo full of yourself!

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack- So if you are not one of 32 NFL head coaches, you should have no opinion huh?

You are ridiculous.

You are the new Hub Arkush(Editor of Pro Football Weekly) who made a very similar statement on a radio show.

He said to a caller "and how much ball did you coach?"

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman4Favre said:
So now you call Favre a loser?

Wow some Packer fan you are..

Hey... do us all a favor and become a Bear fan with an attitude like that.

Yea, you really care about the Packers don't ya?

You are way toooooooooo full of yourself!

What's with this political correctness with not calling Favre "mistake prone" when quite a few times, he has been. There's no such thing as a perfect quarterback - and this idolitry I keep seeing for just one player, as if no one else on the Team had a damn thing to do with any of it... is more than slightly ridiculous!

Let's look again at Favre's record with-OUT a great Defense, ala Reggie White - how many Superbowls has he won?

Let's also remember that quite a few of us truly enjoy watching that Gunslinger play ball - but.. he also has a tendency to self-destruct... one way or another. Everyone saw that "this year"...

So, someone who critiques Favre without one-sided idolitry is full of themselves and should be a Bear's fan... WOW - no such thing as a two-party (or more) political system in your world... is there?

When Favre pulls one out, as he tried his damndest to do, during the Carolina game - I congratulate him tremendously! When he forces his attack plan and causes us (the Packers), all by his lonesome, to lose the game - I also pay attention and don't brush it under the back porch....

You cannot say Favre is thee greatest QB of all time - because he's not.
Sure - he's damn good and we all luv the guy - but he's limited himself along the way, by virtue of his own mistakes - his INT ratio this last season was the worst of his entire career... how's that being the greatest QB ever?

I'm not sure what you're smokin' - but it can't be that good....
(And, I'm a Seventies child - born in the Fifties - so if you think it was done by someone, then I probably tried a bit, myself.)

There's not a damn thing wrong with listing Favre's mistakes right along with his heroics!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB...that was way too long an answer for this guy. Nobody even called Favre a loser. I don't agree with your post because I think Favre IS the greatest of all time, but hey that's what this forum is all about.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB..

Man..what a revisionist you are...you sound like that other guy...can't remember his name..but you posted his tripe here on occaison....

IPB said..
"There's no such thing as a perfect quarterback - and this idolitry I keep seeing for just one player, as if no one else on the Team had a damn thing to do with any of it"

Your right about this..it is a TEAM sport..and the coaching also matters...

What you conveniently forget though is that for much of the time...Favre hasn't had the TEAM around him that a Peyton Manning...or Ben Rothlisberger has...or even a Matt Hasselback has...

You and net should get together because whether you know it or not...you are bashing Favre...and for the life of me..I don't understand how any "true" Packer fan can do that....

But..as Gravedigger used to say...get used to it...because the "Nouveau Packer fans" are taking over....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"You and net should get together because whether you know it or not...you are bashing Favre...and for the life of me..I don't understand how any "true" Packer fan can do that...."

Oh....they know it!

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
IPB...that was way too long an answer for this guy. Nobody even called Favre a loser. I don't agree with your post because I think Favre IS the greatest of all time, but hey that's what this forum is all about.

I agree De - if you are looking at GB QBs and only at stats. If you look at championships, IMHO Bart Starr has won more.

If you are looking at the entire league (throughout history), Joe Montana might come to mind (or even Johnny U.)

But that is just MHO. :agree:

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Mike Holmgren I always liked him as our coach, however I find my self rooting against him on SB Sunday. Holmgren had this in him the whole time and I knew he'd maked his way back, and he'll probably do it again after this year.

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack- Going along with YOUR theory that you had to be an NFL head coach to have an opinion on the Packers, please enlighten us with your coaching background.

By the way. The man that you say I get so much pleasure out of being unemployed.......... That one year salarly is way more than most Americans make in a lifetime. Sherman knows the terms of coaching in the NFL and has to take the good with the bad. Big Big Bucks, little security.

You must feel awful for the Rockefeller family, they no longer control Standard Oil!!!!!!!!

Now, how about that coaching resume? I am waiting............. :moon:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just say DePack is code name for DeShula.

Lighten up son. I'm not the one gloating over the fact that the man can't get a job. I never said you "had to be an NFL coach to have an opinion on the Packers". My point was....don't bash the guy because he hasn't gotten another job unless you can get one yourself.

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other words NONE! I figured as much.

You have said how outstanding a coach Sherman is since his arrival in Green Bay and how bad Holmgren was. I was just shocked to see that there were so many NFL openings and that Sherman did not get one ! How can that be?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because that genius Thompson gave him 3.2 million a year to sit at home and sip Margharitas. That 3.2 million comes out of Packer fans pockets. Is that why you hate the man?

I do have a serious question though....how old are you? I don't want to get in a pissing contest with a 12 year old.

OP
OP
P

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack "The O Mighty Great One" "The Master of The Packer Forum"

I dislike his coaching style, but think he is genuine person. The word hate is all yours De, nothing like blowing things out of proportion.......

Remember, you called Favre a loser. Nice fan you are!

Why are you so worried about someone who is 12, is that the age you are overmatched at ?

Well since you asked, I'll give you a range............ less than 100, but older than your magic number of 12. Being the self proclaimed genius that you are, you should be able to figure it out to the day. :rotflmao:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
IPB...that was way too long an answer for this guy. Nobody even called Favre a loser. I don't agree with your post because I think Favre IS the greatest of all time,

...................but hey that's what this forum "is" all about.

You would be correct about that last sentence, and you are allowed to disagree with me, all ya like - however... I am "also" allowed my particular points, as well. Something that seems to be lacking in both you and Pack66 - you prefer to say only certain elite-ists have such rights... anointing yourselves along the way, of course... that much you'll never be able to hide. Just remember, trying to steal someone else's personal power for your private profit, can backfire on ya.....

Also - whether you see it in writing (here) or not... quite a few real Packerfans in this world just happen to agree with my sentiment -- ya see, they're probably just more greassroots Packerfan than you are... they have the ability to "allow" multiple opinions during the course of such conversations.....

I noticed that BOTH of you avoided my question about "not" calling Favre a QB that makes mistakes.... no real curosity in that, tho' -- when one is blind with idolitry... you just know that Jim Jones is gonna walk right back in the room, all over again --- what's next, a trip to Guyana?

The other Poster was correct as well - Bart Starr was a better Quarterback than Brett Favre - and even Brett Favre would tell you that.

Selective memory? You should look in the mirror!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW squared....that's right...I forgot. You are a Column Writer AND run a "fan club". I bow to your knowledge and I will seek some Bactine for my stinging hand.

BTW...anybody that seriously thinks Bart Starr was a better QB than Brett Favre should never be able to mention the word football in public. Beyond stupidity.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr is in no way better than Brett Favre. Bart Starr was a good QB who won a bunch of titles on the strength of his running game and a punishing defense (Terry Bradshaw did much the same).

Members online

Latest posts