1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats to Holmgren!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by 4packgirl, Jan 15, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Holmgren & his hawks - good to see him succeeding once again in a playoff game!! many were speculating that without a win yesterday, he'd have been fired. glad he's got a great team & i hope they go to the bowl!! :D

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    i'd rather see him lose

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They'll blow it next week (I hope).

4. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm with you 4pack! I hope to see him go all the way and win the Super Bowl!! I always liked Mike and will root for him,until he plays the Packers.

5. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. I felt he left the Packers in a sour, greedy way and I always cheer against the Seahawks.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That all depends who wins todays game. Im sure Carolina will give them a challenge.

7. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All I know is this means my first NFL game is going to be the NFC final.:mrgreen:

Go Panthers.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    if it comes down to hawks vs bears for sb ... ill say hawks in hopes to see the afc thoroughly embarrass him .. like 76 - 0 score or something

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    awww...sour grapes, z2c?!? well, i was upset with holmy for awhile but got over it eventually. :lol:

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm thankful for the championship he brought to GB.
    I'm not thankful for how he bailed out on the team and city for power. He could have had his wish of GM/HC if he stayed in GB a couple more years.

I'm not upset with him at all. He did what he thought was best for him. He's the type of person I simply can not root for to win a championship. That's not sour grapes. The man chose power instead of loyalty, is that what you root for?

11. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yikes! beer here for z2c!! :mug: ahhh...feel better now? :wink:

now back to holmy...yes, maybe he was a bit "power hungry" but he knew what he wanted & went to seattle to get it. in the end, GB did do the GM/HC dance with shermy & we all know how well that turned out. seems to me that a little of the blame can also be turned right back to the Packers organization for not having the "vision" to do the GM/HC combo to keep holmy around for a few more years. loyalty is a two way street.

ok, let's have another zero... :pals: ahhh...i feel better too!! :wink: :wink:

12. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes..4PackGirl..

EXACTLY!

I blame Wolf and Harlan for pushing Holmgren out the door....

Wolf's huge ego wouldn't let Holmgren be GM..even though he left..what..a year or two later?

13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    whoa - be still my beating heart - we agree on something else, 66??? this has gotta be a record!!! :wink: :lol:

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Look what happened when they did use the HC/GM combo. Didn't work out did it? :p

I guess the point I'm poorly making is too poorly explained for you to thoroughly understand. Oh well. I know what I mean and its not as it appears. Oh well.

Go PANTHERS!!
    Go STEELERES!!

Then
    Go STEELERES!!!

15. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if you're happy, i'm happy, z2c - whatever works for ya! :)

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Contrary to some, I'm always happy! Nothing much gets to me or gets me down.

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still bitter about the way Holmgren left the Packers. I want him to lose, lose, lose!

Anyway, I wouldn't count Holmgren's chickens before they've hatched. In his seventh year (seventh!) of coaching the Seahawks, he has finally won his first playoff game, after his team fattened up all season on a soft schedule. Now they play Carolina, who could be great or could be awful. If the awful Carolina team shows up, Holmgren will get to the Super Bowl against a solid AFC team, whether it's Denver or Pittsburgh. That will be the REAL test. Not until Holmgren wins it all will I grudgingly give his team some credit.