*CONFIRMED* Koren has been reinstated!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Koren has been reinstated!!!! *UNCONFIRMED*

cheesey said:
trippster said:
packerman said:
I just texted him to let him know that the fans on the forums are excited about his return! He wanted u guys to know he appreciates the love and cant wait to come back to dance for yall with the ball out of his hands and jumpin into the crowd for a leap after he scores streakin down the field with the ball in his hands!

Do you think you could get him on here for a live chat with all of us? We did it with Greg Jennings when he first came to GB.

Say the word and We can set it up with the Admin.
Oh.....THAT would be SWEET!!!

I will ask him and see if we can set it up. He is not a fan of the pc and internet, old school country guy :wink: ...but I will see if we can work it out for the Packer faithful! :D
An easy answer to that is, have him there and ask him the questions we ask, then you (or someone else) can type his responses to us!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren has been reinstated!!!! *UNCONFIRMED*

So will he be able to play next Monday? With Franks out we'll need another weapon in the passing game.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Farve quietly helping Koren (click the link for the story)

"Koren's a guy I pull for. He's a hell of a player born to play this game.

"I talked to him just the other day, and I said, 'Koren, I'm a little bit biased because I want you back on this team. But I've been through what you're going through.' I said, 'More importantly, I'm more concerned about your well-being.'

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:
So will he be able to play next Monday? With Franks out we'll need another weapon in the passing game.

Ready and willing!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

What is this?? If he was already informed he was re-instated?

Packers | Announcement on K. Robinson's reinstatement could come soon
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:44:54 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson is eligible for reinstatement Wednesday, Oct. 17. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said commissioner Roger Goodell is not far away from making a decision on Robinson's reinstatement. "I believe we are moving closer to a decision on Koren Robinson. After a decision is made and Koren and the Packers are notified, (the decision will be announced). I do not know yet when that will take place," Aiello said

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"If he is reinstated, Robinson will be the first player allowed back into the league by Commissioner Roger Goodell after a one-year banishment. Others who have tried and failed under the Goodell regime include running back Onterrio Smith and running back Ricky Williams."

From PFT.com. I never really thought about that, but it discourages me a little knowing that the precedents set by Goddell.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

"If he is reinstated, Robinson will be the first player allowed back into the league by Commissioner Roger Goodell after a one-year banishment. Others who have tried and failed under the Goodell regime include running back Onterrio Smith and running back Ricky Williams."

From PFT.com. I never really thought about that, but it discourages me a little knowing that the precedents set by Goddell.

Really? Before I found out he was for sure coming back I was encouraged by his tough hard line approach. Koren has done everything asked. He's a good example of 'keep your nose clean and you can play'.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

musccy said:

Really? Before I found out he was for sure coming back I was encouraged by his tough hard line approach. Koren has done everything asked. He's a good example of 'keep your nose clean and you can play'.

agreed. those other guys are just turds. biased or not, i think Koren is different. assaulting strippers, continually abusing illegal drugs... that's one thing. Koren's situation is different, and I believe he has worked hard to clean up. I believe, unlike those other guys, he understands what Goodel means when he says playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I dont think it gets more reliable than myself, I just left him and his family in Phx this past wed while he was running routes with Tim Rattay and training with Ken Croner at API who happens to train Brett, but you guys will see. Man, Driver, Koren and Greg, who wants to defend that with Brett at the helm?

Well last week must have been exciting for all there.. Tim signed with the Cards on Tuesday and played the weekend.. More importantly is the fact the Koren has gotten his life on track and is able to combat his demons now and in the future.

If today is the day that it is announced offically, I hope the next week in practice he hits the ground running.. FAST!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Hmm Ricky tested positive during the year off and Smith, well lets just say I don't think he ever quit.. I think he has stock in the Wizzinator..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those two guys did not do the deal and as much as they should have been held back this is an opportunity to reward those that do comply.

He absolutely should not be made to sit because those two idiots never got the wake up call.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just heard on ESPN radio that it is official, he is reinstated.

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Officially announced today, but Goodell told Koren on sun at the Cards game he was going to reinstate him. He heard nothing but good words from everyone and he is proud of him and wants him to get his career back on track as well as his life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3067319

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just texted him to let him know that the fans on the forums are excited about his return! He wanted u guys to know he appreciates the love and cant wait to come back to dance for yall with the ball out of his hands and jumpin into the crowd for a leap after he scores streakin down the field with the ball in his hands!

That's cool.

Koren will no doubt make a big impact on the second half of the season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great news and it comes at a great time since it's our bye. He should be good to go for Denver I assume.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He's kept his nose clean, and done the good things.

He deserves to play again.

Always liked K-Rob, and wish him the best...except for November 11th.

theoldpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great to have you back

REMEMBER TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME...

GODS SPEED..........

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Our OL will be fine if/when it gets healthy.

Koren, Welcome back!!! I really hope that for his sake he stays clean. He's been a lot of fun to watch during this suspension, staying out of trouble, keeping away from his vices, and keeping his priorities football.

His is a great story, and so far he's been breaking the trend by setting a great example for young, trouble-prone athletes by turning it around.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Atleast PF.com was informed of this quite a few days before. ;)

My sources do not lie!!

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry, but he has been itching to play the Vikes and Childress since last yr and plans to abuse them. They couldn't hold his jock strap in practice and of course he turns it up a few notches in the game...good luck Vikes!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

vikesrule said:

Sorry, but he has been itching to play the Vikes and Childress since last yr and plans to abuse them. They couldn't hold his jock strap in practice and of course he turns it up a few notches in the game...good luck Vikes!!
Please tell Koren that "Cheesey wants him to put a BIG HURT on the Vikings!!!" :D

Members online

Latest posts