*CONFIRMED* Koren has been reinstated!!!!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Koren has been reinstated!!!! *UNCONFIRMED*

I just texted him to let him know that the fans on the forums are excited about his return! He wanted u guys to know he appreciates the love and cant wait to come back to dance for yall with the ball out of his hands and jumpin into the crowd for a leap after he scores streakin down the field with the ball in his hands!

That's awesome. Now if Brett could start throwing the deep ball well, I'd say we're set :D.

In all seriousness, I hope Koren stays clean for the rest of his life and gets his life back together. That should be his first priority. Playing football can make this process easier.

We all hope for the best for Koren.

Edit: Hey, Jay Glazer talked with Koren today too. Go about 3/4ths into the conversation to hear Glazer talk about him:

http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/garycliff/100907 gnc with jay glazer.mp3

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren has been reinstated!!!! *UNCONFIRMED*

Adding Robinson will be huge for us, I am a believer !!! Common Koren !!!

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not that I have really any reason to doubt what you're saying, but you never know with stuff like this. I hope it's true though.

If we could get him back by the weekend, he could hit the ground running on Monday to get ready for Denver. What he brings to the table will make our offense and special teams that much better.

Here's to hoping we get some official confirmation sometime this week, but I don't think there are many around who don't wish him luck in getting over the battle with the bottle. Many probably have known someone who has been affected by it and how difficult it can be to overcome. Koren still has a good 10 productive years of football ahead of him if he can stay focused on the game and away from the problems that plagued his early career.

We all wish him well to say the least.

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packerman said:
I just texted him to let him know that the fans on the forums are excited about his return! He wanted u guys to know he appreciates the love and cant wait to come back to dance for yall with the ball out of his hands and jumpin into the crowd for a leap after he scores streakin down the field with the ball in his hands!

That's awesome. Now if Brett could start throwing the deep ball well, I'd say we're set :D.

In all seriousness, I hope Koren stays clean for the rest of his life and gets his life back together. That should be his first priority. Playing football can make this process easier.

We all hope for the best for Koren.

Edit: Hey, Jay Glazer talked with Koren today too. Go about 3/4ths into the conversation to hear Glazer talk about him:

http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/garycliff/100907 gnc with jay glazer.mp3

Yea, Jay trains at API as well!

Reaction score

Being realistic, Koren isn't going to come up and immediately challenge Jennings or Jones for the #2 and #3 WR spots. But with that type of attitude, and his talent, if he can stay healthy and keep his demons at bay you have to think he'll eventually be able to push Jennings and Jones.

And as Porky said, competition wouldn't be a bad thing. And then you are talking about Charles Woodson potentially being removed as punt returner, and our ST not having returned a kick-off for a TD in forever... well Koren will have some immediate impact.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So when is the NFL supposed to make an announcement? No sooner than the 17th?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks for the scoop Packerman!
This will be a boost for the team and us fans!!! :D

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not 100% sure, but i believe he is eligible for reinstatement on October 17. I wouldn't expect an official announcement until tomorrow.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:

not 100% sure, but i believe he is eligible for reinstatement on October 17. I wouldn't expect an official announcement until tomorrow.

I thought it was Oct. 18. I'd expect him to be in with the coaches immediately to start getting up to speed.

I'm glad he's been training and will come in ready to play, but he'll still be in preseason form. I wouldn't expect him to do more than he did last year when first joined the team -- special teams and a few plays. Hopefully, as stated it won't take long for him to get into the groove.

In all though, I'm glad he'll be joining us. JJ has played well, but we didn't have many options after MM benched him for the fumbles. Jennings seems to get injured often.

Having quality depth will be a huge factor for us. With K-Rob's experience and talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the starting line-up come mid to late Nov. A breakout deep threat like K-Rob will open up the short passing game even more. Another good part about him coming back now is that Bubba's hurt. We will have to change up the offense and KRob give us some options.

I've always said that picking up K-Rob was a very good decision last year. It really didn't cost us much and if he comes back to his pro-bowl form then we've got a great addition.

GO PACK GO!!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since we have no running game being able to spread the field 4 and 5 wide gives me a good feeling.
I think Blackmon goes to IR to make room.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Outstanding news, for both the Packers and Koren. I'm excited as hell now, and think our WR group could be the best in the NFL from top to bottom. Seriously, how are teams going to cover our 4 WR sets? And once our O-line is healthy again, we should be able to roll out the RB too. Lots and lots of choices = a happy Brett. :)

Reaction score

when will it be confirmed?

According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, "After a decision is made and Koren and the Packers are notified, (the decision will be announced). I do not know yet when that will take place."

That blurb courtesy JSOnline article from yesterday, which also stated that Goodell is close to making a decision on K-Rob.

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:

Well, we got word of the news sun evening..when it will be announced...maybe sometime today or tomorrow. But don't worry..its official

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am cautiously excited about the news. Koren has seemed to do everything that was asked of him, if he comes back with the playing ability he had coming out of college, or anywhere near that ability he will be a plus for The Packers.

Another weapon for Brett and I think more imprtantly he will be a huge upgrade to the return game, especially on the punt rerurn team.

Woodson is solid but he needs to be playing strictly defense, we don't need him getting injured returning a punt.

Let's hope there is a conformation from the league by the end of the week.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
Being realistic, Koren isn't going to come up and immediately challenge Jennings or Jones for the #2 and #3 WR spots. But with that type of attitude, and his talent, if he can stay healthy and keep his demons at bay you have to think he'll eventually be able to push Jennings and Jones.

And as Porky said, competition wouldn't be a bad thing. And then you are talking about Charles Woodson potentially being removed as punt returner, and our ST not having returned a kick-off for a TD in forever... well Koren will have some immediate impact.

I think he'd make his biggest impact on special teams to be honest. That's where we could use a lot of help because I still get nervous with Woodson back there. He does to much for this team in my opinion.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not too sure he will be returning punts. He has only returned 2 punts in his career for 0 yards. I think he will be used mostly on kick returns.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you think you could get him on here for a live chat with all of us? We did it with Greg Jennings when he first came to GB.

Say the word and We can set it up with the Admin.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

packerman said:

Do you think you could get him on here for a live chat with all of us? We did it with Greg Jennings when he first came to GB.

Live chat? I missed a live chat with Greg Jennings!!

What a gracious guy, did a live chat and answered questions via email. Why can't more athletes be like him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packerman said:

Oh.....THAT would be SWEET!!!

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not too sure he will be returning punts. He has only returned 2 punts in his career for 0 yards. I think he will be used mostly on kick returns.

He wont be returning punts, he thinks that is career suicide...lol! Nah he hasnt returned punts since college and is more comfortable as a KR, but as I stated before...he's determined to show is "the guy" so, MM might not want to keep him there for long once he see the true weapon he has inherited. He is fast as ever and much better than coming out of college. He has the knowledge of the pro vet athlete with extraordinary talent...Watch out!

OP
OP
P

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

trippster said:
packerman said:

Oh.....THAT would be SWEET!!!

I will ask him and see if we can set it up. He is not a fan of the pc and internet, old school country guy :wink: ...but I will see if we can work it out for the Packer faithful! :D

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packerman

Let KR know that the greatest fans in the world anxiously await his return and wish him all of our best!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts