Elgton Jenkins signs extension

Reaction score
Nijman has performed better than expected but he needs help to protect R
I’d have Marcedes on that side regular. It also helps our Run game doing that anyway. Like Pkrjones said, I’d use a bigger mix of 12 Personnel.

I’m also impressed with Deguara lately. He might not be Tonyan, but he just showed us some versatility in the receiving area.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d have Marcedes on that side regular. It also helps our Run game doing that anyway. Like Pkrjones said, I’d use a bigger mix of 12 Personnel.

I’m also impressed with Deguara lately. He might not be Tonyan, but he just showed us some versatility in the receiving area.

Deguara in many categories was a more decorated receiving TE from Cincy than Kelce and Celek. Receiving is not where he needs polish and growth.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How to handle an extension for Jenkins is going to be really tricky. Do you pay him like a guard or a tackle? If you pay him like a tackle, can you afford to play him at guard? Where does he want to play? Now he's coming off an injury.

They'll get it done, but it's a really intriguing case.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How to handle an extension for Jenkins is going to be really tricky. Do you pay him like a guard or a tackle? If you pay him like a tackle, can you afford to play him at guard? Where does he want to play? Now he's coming off an injury.

Although we don't want to think about it with the impending cap-hell approaching in '22, Jenkins has proven to be an incredible lineman. He can, and is willing, to play any of the 5 line positions. IMHO, he will get paid like a top end LT, deservedly so, assuming his knee is repaired & functional. I think he gets extended late next year and plays LG until Bakhtiari is done, then LT.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now is when we need to have one of our tight ends step up and play the part of a fullback who can cut down the pass rush on the blind side. Need to use play action and roll outs for Rodgers to stay healthy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins will likely miss most of next season with the torn ACL since it has taken Bahktiari 11 months and counting and he may not get into the lineup this year. I feel bad for him. He deserves a lucrative second contract. Gute, however, should not throw big money at Jenkins unless he can prove he he come back and play as well as he did before the injury. Given the timeline, there may not be enough time at the end of next season for Jenkins to prove his worth. Just a rotten situation for him. I would hope the Packers would exercise a fifth year option with Jenkins in 2023 to give him a chance.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Just a rotten situation for him. I would hope the Packers would exercise a fifth year option with Jenkins in 2023 to give him a chance.
Jenkins was pick #44, a 2nd rounder. No 5th year option so he gets a new contract for '23.

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jenkins and his agent are going to push for OT money because thats exactly what he would get if he went into FA. I think the best move is to just move him to RT. Guards can be found anywhere. OTs not so much. Turner isnt going to get a 3rd contract from us. Someone else will pay him, probably less because we overpaid him but I digress. It makes sense to me that we keep Bak and Jenkins moving forward at OT, Myers at C, and groom all the interior lineman we have for starting OG... although 2 of them are already out of the league.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not a bad situation, have the TE chip Nijman's man on the way out for a route. Hopefully MLF will tailor the offense to quicker passes and a little heavier on the runs to minimize the pressure on AR. More 2-TE sets wouldn't be horrible to help with the run blocking & chipping.

I don't think a tight end chipping a pass rusher on the way out for a route is enough help for Nijman to protect Rodgers' blindside.

Deguara definitely played better vs. the Vikings. Hopefully he can build on that performance.

It might be a smart idea to extend Jenkins next offseason while he's still recovering from his torn ACL. The Packers might be able to get a discount that way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big boys who's entire product on the field relies upon their immensely strong base aren't usually the ones back in 8-9 months. They're more like 12. They're more likely to be over that than under it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a bad situation, have the TE chip Nijman's man on the way out for a route. Hopefully MLF will tailor the offense to quicker passes and a little heavier on the runs to minimize the pressure on AR. More 2-TE sets wouldn't be horrible to help with the run blocking & chipping.
You also have Lazard who blocks better than most TEs, so they can stay flexible by bringing him in tight before releasing.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of figured that, and at this point i'm not terribly confident BakhT is coming back anytime soon either. Oh well, they'll have to find a way to do it.
Had David been back by now as we all expected the loss of Jenkins would be harsh but not devastating like it is now. And we have several more tough D lines to face before the season is over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jenkins and the Packers agreed to terms on a four-year, $68 million contract extension, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per sources. The deal is worth up to $74 million, includes a $24 million signing bonus and makes Jenkins the second highest-paid guard in the NFL, trailing only Indianapolis' Quenton Nelson

Reaction score
Oh crap that scared me!

I saw the title and thought he blew his ACL again! I about choked on my dinner :eek:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Reportedly there are incentives in the contract for playing well at tackle. That makes sense.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reportedly there are incentives in the contract for playing well at tackle. That makes sense.
That does make sense, although at $17 mil/year, he's already pushing T comp. That's OK, the guy is worth it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Interesting stat. Come to think of it, I don't ever recall seeing stats on how he plays at different O line positions, even though he plays them all. I wonder how he's done at LT and RT, although there may not be enough snaps to make a valid comparison. Wait, that can't be right. I bet someone has this info.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That does make sense, although at $17 mil/year, he's already pushing T comp. That's OK, the guy is worth it.

That number was landed on because it narrowly tops the last elite guard deal— Scherff at 16.5M AAV. And Scherff’s number was landed on because it narrowly topped the guy who set the market before him— Thuney at 16M AAV.

Members online

Latest posts