Elgton Jenkins signs extension

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of figured that, and at this point i'm not terribly confident BakhT is coming back anytime soon either. Oh well, they'll have to find a way to do it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cole Van Lanen or Braden will be elevated, maybe both....and look for us to be actively scouring Practice Squads for someone.

THIS IS TERRIBLE news, especially given Bakh is not close to being back after his set back

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we are a running team until we can atleast get Bak up and running again. I dont like risking AR with the protection we are going to have on the edges.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee swelling occurred this past week from a few leaked accounts. Not sure anything officially was released.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the hits just keep on coming. Don't expect Jenkins back till at least mid season next year

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention some could argue quick passes are easier for the OL to accomplish than run blocking...all depends.

Reaction score
This news sucks milk toast.

Nijman can hold her down next week. We need Bakhtiari after the bye, it’s going to be week 14 for heavens sakes.
We need to get some veteran help as a reliable backup if Bakhtiari has more than a 3 week outlook. We’re on LT #3

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yosh has done better than expected for a 3rd string left tackle. Bahktiari will be rusty when he comes back. The only thing that we can hope for is that Jenkins is a fast healer considering his relatively youth compare to Bahktiari.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to get some of these All Pros back, Bakh Jaire Z.

Guys can complain about the last couple of losses but most teams can handle losing the kind of talent that we are playing without right now. Does JJ have a game like that with Jaire shadowing him? Does Cousins have a day like that with Z and or Gary coming for him?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to get some of these All Pros back, Bakh Jaire Z.

Guys can complain about the last couple of losses but most teams can handle losing the kind of talent that we are playing without right now. Does JJ have a game like that with Jaire shadowing him? Does Cousins have a day like that with Z and or Gary coming for him?
so you are saying that injuries are an excuse for poor team performance after all ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are an excuse for some of the poor performance. I heard on the radio today that the Packers were missing the most starters of any team playing in the NFL yesterday. It's not an apologist point, just a fact.

The penalties were a problem, the lack of getting off the field on 3rd down, the lack of securing INT's, the lack of blocking, etc.... If one wanted to, they could point to the fact of backups playing as being a part of those problems. Next man up sounds good at the microphone, but is much harder to do in reality.

Our backups and re-treads have done great over the past few weeks, but it is unrealistic to expect them to play at that level into the playoffs.

Jaire and Bahktiari won't be back until December at the earliest. The more that I hear things, Zadarius is just a pipe dream who will not play again this year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I think that LeFleur has been doing that in generally favoring quick throws and running plays. It definitely helps out anyone protecting the edges.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nijman has performed better than expected but he needs help to protect Rodgers' blindside.
Not a bad situation, have the TE chip Nijman's man on the way out for a route. Hopefully MLF will tailor the offense to quicker passes and a little heavier on the runs to minimize the pressure on AR. More 2-TE sets wouldn't be horrible to help with the run blocking & chipping.

Latest posts