1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Confident Molls to make the LG job HIS OWN

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    JSonline:

"Maybe that's the best rotation right now," Thompson said. "Maybe that changes in 10 weeks. Maybe it changes next year. We're just trying to get the best combination for now."

It was a good start for Moll, enough to make him the nominal starter. With thousands of eyes watching at Lambeau Field, he'll seek to become the permanent one.

----------------------------------------
    Colledge vs. Molls vs. Bourke vs. Moore

One of those guys will step up within the next 3 weeks.

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's RG, not LG, and it's Moll, not Molls. Hopefully he will step up. There's not much more time to shuffle these guys without having a mess to start the season, like last year.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the corrections

and at least its being addressed andn ot ignored till week 10 like sherman.

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is great, we now have a starting guard who hasn't played guard since his Pop Warner days.
    Nice job Teddy!

5. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    who cares where hes played before... as long as he is the best option where he is right now. i dont care if he has been a wide reciever since pee wee football. if hes the best option at guard hes just the best option at guard/

6. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:idea: It's only an option! Let's not believe he's the answer before he's played a game at the new position. Just hoping this doesn't become a case of musical chairs ala Sherman and last year.

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sherman did not ignore the problem last year. He switched guys around all through the preseason, and would not even say who was starting until gametime of week one in Detroit.

McCarthy does sound committed to establishing a starting O-line by the third preseason game, but then, Sherman was saying the same thing last year. Time will tell. I think it will take a long time, at least half a season, for these rookies to get comfortable as starters.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    what i meant was, it took him 10 weeks to remove klemm from RG (and then the line was instantly...not the ********* line in all of football)

yes, TT was the guy who got klemm, but its the coaches job to do with what he has, and it took him 10 weeks to go "durrr, the guy that idiot ted thompson got me sucks!"

and this staff seems to be on it as far as "this isnt going to work.." and thats promising.

9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will take this time to eat some crow!
    Moll looked fairly good in his first appearance at starting guard.
    Nice job Teddy, and I mean that!

10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Moll looked very good in his first stint. Favre looked sharp as a tack...that bullet to Driver over the middle was a thing of beauty. My guess is this game got the attention of everyone who thinks we will be bottom dwellers this year.

11. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I really disagree with this statement. It's funny how week 1 was supposed to be forgot about yet pre-season week 2 GRABS everyones attention. The Pack looked alot better BUT you can use the same excuses that you used for GB in week 1 for Atl. in week 2.

Seems to me Brett took it upon himself to audible at the LOS to a 3-Step drop when he knew he was going to get pressured.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    its funny how i said to look for progression, and progression was seen(although more than I thought id see).

13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    pyle, care to expand an why you think Moll didn't look really good? Considering it was his first game ever, he switched to G, and was facing a good front 4 I don't think I could have expected anything more from him.

14. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I never said Moll didn't look good.

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I misread.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was very surprised by Moll and his solid play. Yeah he messed up a couple times, but he was going up against Rod Coleman, one of the best! Very good to see.