1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Conference sports channels

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Poppa San, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Aug 29, 2010
    With all the major conferences basically locking their sporting events to their own TV network I see an unexpected or maybe tolerated fallout. We do not have satellite and cable is not an option. My younger children have no interest whatsoever for U-Wisc sports teams. They do not express any desire to acquire Badger clothing or attend a game. To them they do not exist. When I was a youngun, the games at least replayed on public television later on Sat night or meybe were carried live /delayed on a local channel. Now nothing. They will lose a good chunk of their generation, especially if the local state teams network is an added unpaid cost to the cable package.
  2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Dec 4, 2004
    There are lots of better things to do on a fall Sat. afternoon than watching tv anyway. Your kids are way ahead imo. But it wouldn't hurt to have Santa give them some Badger stuff at Christmas...