Concordia is on list for Rams' camp site

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The St. Louis Rams, who are in the market for a new training camp site, have added Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon as a possible location this summer.
Advertisement

Buy a link here

Allen Prochnow, Concordia's executive vice president and chief operating officer, said Friday that a Rams representative told the school that team officials plan to visit the campus early next week, perhaps Monday or Tuesday.

Prochnow said the school had two artificial turf fields, and a new residence hall on the Lake Michigan shore to entice the franchise.

"I think it's a wonderful opportunity from a publicity standpoint," Prochnow said. "It also has an economic impact for the area."

In addition to Concordia, the Rams reportedly plan to tour UW-Oshkosh and an unidentified spot in Madison.

Prochnow said the team planned to make a decision by the end of the month.

In addition to the Green Bay Packers' camp at St. Norbert College in De Pere, the Kansas City Chiefs have their training camp at UW-River Falls. Prochnow said he had talked with city officials in River Falls, who told him the Chiefs provide a substantial economic boost to the community.

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By DON WALKER
[email protected]
Posted: May 9, 2008

The St. Louis Rams appear to be inching toward locating summer training camp at Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon.
Advertisement

Rams coach Scott Linehan said this week that he and his coaching staff favored moving the camp from Western Illinois University in Macomb, Ill., to the Mequon campus.

A final decision has not been made, a Rams spokesman said Friday.

"Concordia has the fields we're looking for and the isolated camp we want to have," Linehan told The Associated Press.

Concordia has two FieldTurf fields, plus a new residence hall for use by the players.

No specific date has been set for the start of training camp, but it is expected to begin in late July.

If the Rams select Concordia, it would make the third National Football League team to locate its camp in Wisconsin. Besides the Green Bay Packers, the Kansas City Chiefs hold camp on the campus of the UW-River Falls.

Also in the running for the Rams camp is UW-Whitewater. Earlier, the Rams eliminated UW-Oshkosh and the Bishop O'Connor Center in Madison as possible camp sites.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....if they pick Concordia they won't be far from where i live.
I don't know if i'd go watch them though. It's not like they are the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts