1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Concerts

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Jess, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    As I sit here wearing my John Mayer Battle Studies Tour 2010 t-shirt that I got last night about 20 minutes before having my mind absolutely blown, I wonder, anybody been to any good concerts lately?

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Saw Green Day a while back they were amazing :D

3. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    I saw Reverend Horton Heat last summer.....and they were AMAZING. I saw the Eagles of Death Metal in the UK over Christmas and they rocked my world.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Going to NOFX show tomorrow!!!

5. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Went to Sick Puppies, Mindrite last night... and about 2 months ago went to Saliva... Sick Puppies > Saliva imo

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Sick Puppies damn there good :D

7. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Saw Metallica back in September..BADASS concert!! \m/

8. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah they played better than i thought they would, Emma Anzai is GORGEOUS! Tickets were dirt cheap $12 for a 4 hour concert. At the end of the concert they were giving out free hugs lol

Where at? and Did they play any of their old stuff? If so, awesome.

9. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    San Antonio,Tx at the AT&T Center.

Hell yea they played songs off Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, all that good stuff. I've got the setlist saved on my comp to relive it anytime I want. I could post/send it to you if you want. \m/ \m/

10. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    Saw Metallic in December, not sure if that constitutes as "lately", but it was a hell of a concert! :)

11. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Think the last gig I went to was Metallica last year, can't remember.
    Man, it's been a while :( I used to go to gigs ALL of the time! Debating whether to go see Trivium next week or not... Next gig coming up is Kiss though, which will be good!

12. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Going to an Aaron Lewis Acoustic gig next Sunday!! Should be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Last BIG group was saw was Red Hot Chilli Peppers and that was AWESOME, back in 03 or so...Bradley Center Milwaukee

I go to about 20 shows by local bands every year tho

• Like Like x 1
  14. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    my biggest wish is that i could've seen lostprophets live... too bad not enough Americans like them, they'll never play in the states...again :russian_roulette:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfxZSKFMZsE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Lostprophets: Last summer (live)[/ame]

Have any of ya'll seen em live?

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    Going to Zac Brown Band tonight at Summerfest

16. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Very little real music has been produced sense 1985 !! Only cheap imotations, rythems without melodies, poems without harmonies, noise that has no soul . Where are the great piano players like Keith Emerson, Leon Russell, Dr.John, or Elton John. Where are the great drummers like Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, and John Bonham. Where are the great guitarist like Jimmy Hendrix, David Gilmore, Jimmy Page, or Joe Walsh. Where are the John Entwistles, John Paul Jones. Greg Lakes, and Paul McCartneys whose fingers flew over the neck of a bass. Where are the voices that soared and soothed like Ian Anderson, Robert Plant, Linda Ronstadt, Carol King, Don Henley, John Lennon, or even Frank Sanatra. I pay homage to Glen Miller, Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, Elvis, Bill Hailey, B.B.King,
    Muddy Waters, Sam Cook, Chuck Berry, and many more.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    Each generation loves their music and frowns upon the subsequent generations music. I think Jay-z is incredibly talented, only 1 number single and more number one albums than any artist ever not named the Beatles. I think Kanye is a musical talent, also think he is an A hole as a person. Alicia keys is a gem of an artist. Zac Brown Band while new, hs blended several different styles to create something amazing. Eminem was the voice of a generation for a reason. Michael Buble is a throwback of a singer and also very talented. 90s had some great music as well, just a different style. 80s hair bands were one of a kind.

I do greatly appreciate the previous generations contributions to the music. I am actually almost done reading a biography on Ahmet, the founder of Atlantic records. Great book. The guy could spot talent his entire life. Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Crosby Stills and Nash, Led Zeplin, and even Kid Rock.