Concerts @ Lambeau

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about them doing concerts at Lambeau?

Its a great venue/setting/backdrop for a concert. Since its meant to hold 20,000 more people for games it actually seems not as crazy as game days and manageable from the food service to the traffic. Its a great opportunity for people to see lambeau that might not have ever been to a game as well.

The negatives are the effects it has on the playing surface, the ridiculous amount of negative press from the drunken arrests (late afternoon shows with tailgating that started the day before causes these kinds of things).

Anyone you guys would like to see perform at Lambeau? The promoter is a local one who has been hesitant to take a chance on anyone other than Kenny Chesney but I am sure there are artists/lineups that could easily sell out Lambeau

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there and it was an awesome show.

I'm a huge country music fan (or at least what they call country now, I'm more of a Garth Brooks/George Strait kind of country fan but that's another topic) and to be able to see 2 of the biggest stars in country music at my favorite place in the world was fantastic.

How bad is the field? I saw the pictures but is there any concern this lingers into the season? As far as the drunkeness goes, you're going to have that at pretty much any concert/event so I don't think there's a way to fix that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I"m not a country fan and I joke that what do you expect when you jam that many people with ****** taste in music full of beer in one place? But I think it's cool, and I don't think this should have much effect on the playing surface. Sure it would be nice not to have to "fix" anything, but it shouldn't exactly become an issue. It's only June.

But a performer filling a stadium for a concert is cool, I don't care what they're singing about. Can't think of many places better than Lambeau.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Lambeau expansion was sold to the electorate with a multi-use component, not just football. Concerts were one idea floated. The Packers have found one building option after another over the years to prevent any other usage. Several years back a small contingent of influential people grew agitated with that attitude and reminded the public and Packers about that implied promise. Since then have been all of 2 events, just enough to quell any outcry. Chesney fans are "safe", 250 ejections not withstanding. Not in the Beyonce/Jay Z level of mayhem risk. (just my WAG no stats) From late June through the end of the football season, the field is Packers only. Not much time for concerts.
I was in the stadium for a free movie on the screen but the sound sucked. Too much echo with only about 2500 people there.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too worried and I probably wouldn't go to a concert there if I lived across the street. In other words it doesn't matter at all to me what they do with the stadium as long as it is ready to go when the players hit the field.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau expansion was sold to the electorate with a multi-use component, not just football. Concerts were one idea floated. The Packers have found one building option after another over the years to prevent any other usage. Several years back a small contingent of influential people grew agitated with that attitude and reminded the public and Packers about that implied promise. Since then have been all of 2 events, just enough to quell any outcry. Chesney fans are "safe", 250 ejections not withstanding. Not in the Beyonce/Jay Z level of mayhem risk. (just my WAG no stats) From late June through the end of the football season, the field is Packers only. Not much time for concerts.
I was in the stadium for a free movie on the screen but the sound sucked. Too much echo with only about 2500 people there.
I'm guessing chesney had more arrests/ejections than the beyonce jay z show in Chicago just for the simple fact of having ecessive binge drinking all day in Green Bay and not in Chicago.

Members online

Latest posts