Concern should be the 49ers

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Be careful what you with for, you may of already got it. Don't underestimate Alex Smith. He's not the QB he was last year and he certainly isn't the QB that he was when he was drafted. He may not be as good as Aaron Rodgers right now, but he is certainly good and certainly capable of leading his team. Currently, and after watching the Saints, Falcons, Eagles and Giants play today, I would put the 49'ers 2nd in the NFC. Their record alone puts them there.
I wouldnt go that far even tho they beat the Giants I would still rank the Giants higher SF does not impressme whatsoever the Giants that is the team that will cause troubles

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would LOVE to play the niners in the NFC championship, that would be an almost guaranteed trip to the super bowl. Hmmm, Rodgers vs. Smith? That's too easy. Yes, the niners have a very good D, but no, they have not played the Packers offense. You think Rodgers ouldn't be chomping at the bit to play his favorite team that chose Smith instead and stop them from going to the Super Bowl?? I think he would wear the batteries out of the scoreboard with a chip on his shoulder. It is a fact that the 49ers are overachieving this year, but this isn't their year. This is their year to finally get back in the playoffs, but not win it all. But I'm not sure they will make it to the NFC title game. The divisional game will possibly be a grudge match, and anyone they play will have a real chance at beating them. I think they'll finish 12-4, maybe 13-3.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I would LOVE to play the niners in the NFC championship, that would be an almost guaranteed trip to the super bowl. Hmmm, Rodgers vs. Smith? That's too easy. Yes, the niners have a very good D, but no, they have not played the Packers offense. You think Rodgers ouldn't be chomping at the bit to play his favorite team that chose Smith instead and stop them from going to the Super Bowl?? I think he would wear the batteries out of the scoreboard with a chip on his shoulder. It is a fact that the 49ers are overachieving this year, but this isn't their year. This is their year to finally get back in the playoffs, but not win it all. But I'm not sure they will make it to the NFC title game. The divisional game will possibly be a grudge match, and anyone they play will have a real chance at beating them. I think they'll finish 12-4, maybe 13-3.
You hit the nail on the head with the easy trip to the SB if we play SF

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really kind of sad is, even if the Niners finish 15-1, get to the SB and win it, there are still going to be some folks who refuse to show 'em the respect they deserve. They'll say they were the merely the luckiest team to ever win the big game.
They'll claim the Niners were the weakest, softest team ever to win the big game because they have no players worthy of their fantasy football team(elite QB, elite receivers, etc.). They've whittled it down to a glorified 7-man drill and IT'S NOT. It's sad because fantasy football has absolutely no bearing on the REAL GAME... the TEAM GAME... the game that is played on a grass gridiron.

GO NINERS!! - GO PACKERS!!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
What's really kind of sad is, even if the Niners finish 15-1, get to the SB and win it, there are still going to be some folks who refuse to show 'em the respect they deserve. They'll say they were the merely the luckiest team to ever win the big game.
They'll claim the Niners were the weakest, softest team ever to win the big game because they have no players worthy of their fantasy football team(elite QB, elite receivers, etc.). They've whittled it down to a glorified 7-man drill and IT'S NOT. It's sad because fantasy football has absolutely no bearing on the REAL GAME... the TEAM GAME... the game that is played on a grass gridiron.

Thats what everyone said about the Packers last year......

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm not too worried. They've played a lot of teams that have just played really bad football and Qb's who turn the ball over a frightening rate. With how accurate Rodgers is with the ball, I think we'll be pretty good if our defense can peak at the right time

I'm still not sold on Alex Smith. The man is a game manager at best, he's a slightly smarter Mark Sanchez with a better supporting cast on offense.

Finally, if we play them in the playoffs, they'll be coming up to Lambeau in single degree temps, that heavily favors us, not the team from the bay.

I'm confident we can beat the 49'ers. Could be close depending on how our defense plays, but I think we'd pull out the W. And if by some freak happenstance we have to go to Candlestick Park....whatever. Our offense is hot anywhere we go

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9ers dont have the personnel to beat us. They dont have the front 4 to disrupt Arod and they dont have the offense to put up more points than Arod.

Its the Giants and Lions we should be concerned about. Not the 9ers. Its a nice story but to quote denny green, "they are who we thought they were."

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They were the luckiest team before they beat NYG today. No seriously... You guys are tough on both sides of the ball. We are IMMACULATE on one side of the ball. But with all that said... If we meet in the playoffs, my feeling (as well as pretty much all other packerforumers) is that Alex Smith is gonna choke. It'll be way too big of a game.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
difference being... aaron rodgers had a top 5 playoff performance of all time last year and a great superbowl performance. Alex smith wont even sniff that

Aaron Rodgers hasn't even had a bad playoff game yet, really.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9ers dont have the personnel to beat us. They dont have the front 4 to disrupt Arod and they dont have the offense to put up more points than Arod.
Ummm... Just like Joe Flacco is NOT "Joe Cool" because Joe Montana is.
Aaron Rodgers is NOT "Arod" because Alex Rodriquez is.

About our front 4, LOL!, we're gonna see about that.
Its the Giants and Lions we should be concerned about. Not the 9ers. Its a nice story but to quote denny green, "they are who we thought they were."
:roflmao: The Giants and Lions don't have any defense and their offenses are one dimmentional. The Niners have the best D in the NFL!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Still a long way to go. 9'ers are playing good solid ball and great D. If we are still going for an undefeated season I don't think Mike will sit starters until last half of last game. For that matter I am not sure if he doesn't keep the pedal to the metal anyway. Right now the NFC playoffs are shaping up very interesting.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since they don't play each other, what is the next tie-breaker? Conference record?

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just found this info on the Green Bay Press Gazette.......

the first tiebreaker would be conference record, followed by record against common opponents

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm... Just like Joe Flacco is NOT "Joe Cool" because Joe Montana is.
Aaron Rodgers is NOT "Arod" because Alex Rodriquez is.

About our front 4, LOL!, we're gonna see about that.
:roflmao: The Giants and Lions don't have any defense and their offenses are one dimmentional. The Niners have the best D in the NFL!!

No Joe Flacco is not Joe cool bc no one wants to be him. He couldnt lace his boots. Arod is the best player in the NFL, we will call him watever we want. Dont be bitter your team didnt draft him.

You play in the NFC west, sorry, I cant take you guys seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts