Concern should be the 49ers

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
only loss was an OT game against Dallas. They have won all of their road games..impressive I must say. They still have to play in Baltimore(how bout those Seahawks) and Pittsburg at home. They have somewhat of a tough remaining schedule. Packers may have to play the starters in the last two games to ensure home field advantage in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're tough to run on.
We win by passing.

They run the ball well.
As Matt Forte about our run defense. (Don't ask Adrian Peterson though).

Even if we had to play at San Fran for the NFC Title game, we'd be fine. Weather there would be better anyway.
The main thing is getting the bye, automatically gets us one game closer to the Super Bowl than the road last season.

#1 or #2 seed, no worries. We can win on the road anyway.
Vernon Davis is a tough matchup for us, combined with a healthy Frank Gore.

Still, I predict whoever wins the wildcard game will then go into SF and beat them.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They are scary, but I will be more convinced and very afraid if they beat both Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

For some reason, Baltimore's offense gets these bad games, where they can't do anything and end up losing. Joe Flak is pretty inconsistent under pressure when you need him in crunch time, especially with his snap the ball, drop back, and pass, proving he has zero pocket awareness.

I'm still convinced we would beat San Francisco, even if they win 12 games. Their defense does have a weakness in the pass, and that's where Rodgers comes in.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This could happen.

1) Packers
2) 49ers
3) Saints
4) Giants
5) Bears
6) ???Lions/Falcons/Cowboys?!

Saints might beat SF in the divisional round. Maybe I have been overlooking the Saints......I don't trust them on the road but they are one of the few teams in this league who have a snowballs chance in hell of keeping up with the Packers offense.

I also think after the Saints losing to Seattle last year they would be heavily motivated to make up for that loss in this years playoffs.

The more I think about it the more I think the Packers could play the Bears 3 times this year like last season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be concerned wen they get a real QB

Be careful what you with for, you may of already got it. Don't underestimate Alex Smith. He's not the QB he was last year and he certainly isn't the QB that he was when he was drafted. He may not be as good as Aaron Rodgers right now, but he is certainly good and certainly capable of leading his team. Currently, and after watching the Saints, Falcons, Eagles and Giants play today, I would put the 49'ers 2nd in the NFC. Their record alone puts them there.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Be careful what you with for, you may of already got it. Don't underestimate Alex Smith. He's not the QB he was last year and he certainly isn't the QB that he was when he was drafted. He may not be as good as Aaron Rodgers right now, but he is certainly good and certainly capable of leading his team. Currently, and after watching the Saints, Falcons, Eagles and Giants play today, I would put the 49'ers 2nd in the NFC. Their record alone puts them there.

I have the Niners second behind GB and have for many weeks. I am starting to get a hunch again on the Saints though and their lasting power. I am not sure I trust Alex Smith if the game is on the line and on his arm.

I also think the Niners D showed me some weaknesses today that I had not seen before.

Also, not all the teams who get bye weeks may end up in the title games. All 4 might make it but often there is an upset or two in there. So, it's tough to say it's automatic right now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Injuries can change everything.

Yes they can. Thats why I often try to say "barring major injury" when it comes to Green Bay lol.

I do think the NFC is more impressive ATM then the AFC as a whole though. I think Houston might actually look the best so far of all AFC contenders right now.

D

Dan115

Yes they can. Thats why I often try to say "barring major injury" when it comes to Green Bay lol.

I do think the NFC is more impressive ATM then the AFC as a whole though. I think Houston might actually look the best so far of all AFC contenders right now.

I agree

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Niners second behind GB and have for many weeks. I am starting to get a hunch again on the Saints though and their lasting power. I am not sure I trust Alex Smith if the game is on the line and on his arm.

I also think the Niners D showed me some weaknesses today that I had not seen before.

Also, not all the teams who get bye weeks may end up in the title games. All 4 might make it but often there is an upset or two in there. So, it's tough to say it's automatic right now.

It kind of hard to pin down as it changes week to week. The only teams that remain consistent, winning wise are the Packers and Niners.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
49ers are all about field position and clock management. Packers are all about fast pace and high power offense.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Ol' Smitty has had a tough time with a different OC every year of his career, including this one, and two previous head coaches who were defensive guys. They didn't know what to do with him. Now he's got an offensive minded HC, who used to be a QB, that he can relate to AND an OC who will be returning for the foreseable future.

Alex HAS TALENT otherwise he never would have been a #1 draft pick. Now, with the chemistry he has with his coaches, there's no telling what may become of him in the next year or two.

In my opinion, folks should throw out everything they THINK they know about Alex Smith and just watch what he does from this season forward. In a way, I look at it as if this was his rookie year... except he's a rookie with 7 years experience.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
At worst... 14-2

For the Packers I agree. At worst 14-2. At best 16-0.

I don't know about the Niners yet. I take it week by week with predictions there. I think they may lose in Baltimore though. Baltimore tends to play at the level of their competition as well.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Packers I agree. At worst 14-2. At best 16-0.

I don't know about the Niners yet. I take it week by week with predictions there. I think they may lose in Baltimore though. Baltimore tends to play at the level of their competition as well.
lol yeah, me too

Members online

Latest posts