Concern for cheap shots/unnecessary roughness vs. Lions?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've changed my opinion on this now that I've seen the latest Lions video which is an Us vs. The World type of thing. Stafford is now practically a hero for trying to twist off that guy's head. The Lions are trying to embrace this new image of themselves as the dirty players of the NFL who are going to hype themselves up by being bada$$ in every game from now on.

I expect they'll give Rodgers some cheap shots if they have half the chance and will do their best to take him out of the game any way they can.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I've changed my opinion on this now that I've seen the latest Lions video which is an Us vs. The World type of thing. Stafford is now practically a hero for trying to twist off that guy's head. The Lions are trying to embrace this new image of themselves as the dirty players of the NFL who are going to hype themselves up by being bada$$ in every game from now on.

I expect they'll give Rodgers some cheap shots if they have half the chance and will do their best to take him out of the game any way they can.

If you're referring to Stafford in the Bears game, that guy had no right to go over there and shove him, adding fuel to the flame to an already frustrated quarterback. That was one play, and DJ Moore was 100% in the wrong to try and fight him over that.

I'm convinced over that, anything and everything the Lions do is used to call them a "dirty team" weather it's Roddy White being a *****, or a Bears player getting himself ejected from a game for starting a fight, the Lions are always in the wrong, kinda the Steelers, except the Steelers ask for it by *****ing about fines.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're referring to Stafford in the Bears game, that guy had no right to go over there and shove him, adding fuel to the flame to an already frustrated quarterback. That was one play, and DJ Moore was 100% in the wrong to try and fight him over that.

I'm convinced over that, anything and everything the Lions do is used to call them a "dirty team" weather it's Roddy White being a *****, or a Bears player getting himself ejected from a game for starting a fight, the Lions are always in the wrong, kinda the Steelers, except the Steelers ask for it by *****ing about fines.

Not sure what you saw, but I saw Stafford go behind a guy and yank him down by the back of his helmet. That's a dirty ***** move if there was one, and I don't blame the other guy for taking a shot at him as a direct result of that play.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The way Detroit plays, especially when the game is out of hand just makes me uneasy. I mean seriously pretty much the entire defensive line of the Lions looks like they got fined.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Not sure what you saw, but I saw Stafford go behind a guy and yank him down by the back of his helmet. That's a dirty ***** move if there was one, and I don't blame the other guy for taking a shot at him as a direct result of that play.

I seen it, but what's worse, that tackle or trying to start a fight over it?

I don't find it dirty, but I do find it unnecessary going over there and wanting to start a fight over it.

As far as cheap shots go, I'd be more concerned about Chicago rather than Detroit. While they've already shined the spot light on the Lions being physical, you can't forget how vicious Julius Peppers gets with Rodgers, and if you ask me, the Bears are far more lethal on defense as far as giving you big hits, and knocking you on the ground.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I had video of Louis Delmas' 2 cheap hits that I am aware of, on youtube to clip here.

He is the guy who hit Finley's knee 2 years ago there, and knocked him out for like a month. Could have been a lot worse had J-Mike's foot been planted...... like the Falcons FB Olvie Mughatti's was in week 7 when Delmas took a hard cheap shot right at the front side of his knee as he caught & turned around.

These are the hits that scare the hell out of me, and pizz me off so much I can't believe I didn't send that thug a letter yet. Too busy lately dangit.

That is the type of dirty play the NFL will next crack down on.....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If it is the ***** intention to get after Rodgers by any means at their disposal then, it is the responsibility of the Pack's O-line to keep them from doing so by any means at their disposal. If that means chop blocking...well great big fat guys on the **** d-line ... you'd best get insurance on your knees and ankles. This is the NFL.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If it is the ***** intention to get after Rodgers by any means at their disposal then, it is the responsibility of the Pack's O-line to keep them from doing so by any means at their disposal. If that means chop blocking...well great big fat guys on the **** d-line ... you'd best get insurance on your knees and ankles. This is the NFL.

Totally agree.

I don't agree with all the whole "Their a dirty team cause they hit hard". Pittsburgh hits hard, Baltimore will try to murder the quarterback, and on top of that, no one can ever be as ruthless as Chicago can be when it comes to trying to shake up the quarterback.

If I had to pick Detroit or Chicago to meet in the playoffs, I would much rather play Detroit, regardless what people think, I don't see the Lions getting to Rodgers as easy as Julius Peppers and company can. The Bears always play their 100% against us. We barely beat them last year, and in the playoffs, they still were tough. We may have beat them by 10 early this season, but they look much more threatening now.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Totally agree.

I don't agree with all the whole "Their a dirty team cause they hit hard". Pittsburgh hits hard, Baltimore will try to murder the quarterback, and on top of that, no one can ever be as ruthless as Chicago can be when it comes to trying to shake up the quarterback.

If I had to pick Detroit or Chicago to meet in the playoffs, I would much rather play Detroit, regardless what people think, I don't see the Lions getting to Rodgers as easy as Julius Peppers and company can. The Bears always play their 100% against us. We barely beat them last year, and in the playoffs, they still were tough. We may have beat them by 10 early this season, but they look much more threatening now.

Yeah... Peppers has a way of making any O-line look like boys among men....and I too can see the Packers and Bears once again playing for the NFC championship. I really dread that thought. Similarly, I have to wonder if last year's roles are reversed this year...the Bears need to win against the Pack to get in, does McCarthy come to play-to-win as the Bears did last year? Much as I despise the Bears...I gained a ton of respect for that organization when Lovie brought them to Green Bay with the express intention of keeping the Pack out last year. The Bears still eat **** sandwiches in my book (even though they don't like the taste of bread), but you have to admire the respect for the game that they displayed.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah... Peppers has a way of making any O-line look like boys among men....and I too can see the Packers and Bears once again playing for the NFC championship. I really dread that thought. Similarly, I have to wonder if last year's roles are reversed this year...the Bears need to win against the Pack to get in, does McCarthy come to play-to-win as the Bears did last year? Much as I despise the Bears...I gained a ton of respect for that organization when Lovie brought them to Green Bay with the express intention of keeping the Pack out last year. The Bears still eat **** sandwiches in my book (even though they don't like the taste of bread), but you have to admire the respect for the game that they displayed.

I still think they wasted that game against us last year. Though they had a point trying to knock us out of the picture going into the playoffs, it would have left a lot of egg on their faces had they lost key starters in that game, which could have easily happened.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With the Lions starting to get this bad rap ( either warranted or not) and it being a national audience game, I am pretty sure the league has told the refs to watch for stuff

I for one am always worried things will happen..But more so when a team is getting this rap....So let's hope nothing fishy happens

I also agree that the steelers are not dirty, just play hard..

Yuppers..I was right, they watched for it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yuppers..I was right, they watched for it
I have no idea if there were any blown calls that the refs made against the Lions.
But if there were, it was probably because "Lions are a dirty team" really got into their heads.
So I wouldn't blame the refs for thinking that way and letting it cloud their judgement.
Would I feel differently if that happened to the Packers?
You bet I would!
But it didn't happen to the Packers so I don't have to feel that way!

Members online

Latest posts