Comment of the Day!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Pete Dougherty said:
The two teams used this finale in decidedly different ways. Whereas the Packers played their starters in only one series — the No. 1 defense forced a punt in its only series — Tennessee played its starters the entire first half, and its starting offensive line into the second half.

For those who are going to rip the Pack on losing this game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, Driver,Jennings,Ahman, and Favre shoulda played more. None of us know what those guys can do, and MM shoulda played them so he could get a feel for them.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never did and I still don't give a rat's patooty about win/loss records during the preseason. It's also not terribly significant if our #2s don't perform well against another teams' #1s. Preseason is about evaluating talent and not getting hurt. Mission accomplished.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think what we did see of brett and the rest was enough to let us know they are ready,even a rod was good rogers on the other hand -pitful glad they did'nt play starters,we will be ready for the bears :D

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
i think what we did see of brett and the rest was enough to let us know they are ready,even a rod was good rogers on the other hand -pitful glad they did'nt play starters,we will be ready for the bears :D

They came out firing. No question. It was nice to see the first team defense minus harris and woodson force a punt and to see the first team offense score so easily.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
I never did and I still don't give a rat's patooty about win/loss records during the preseason. It's also not terribly significant if our #2s don't perform well against another teams' #1s. Preseason is about evaluating talent and not getting hurt. Mission accomplished.

I agree with you 69...did you just say "rat's patooty"??? LOLOLOLOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't upset about the loss. It was obvious it was used to evaluate the young guys. What did bother me was Peterson getting hurt.....AGAIN!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I wasn't upset about the loss. It was obvious it was used to evaluate the young guys. What did bother me was Peterson getting hurt.....AGAIN!

I think it's time to drop Peterson. He doesn't really add anything to the team, IMO.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was also happy to see the starters pulled after scoring on the first drive. Now at least they finish off the preseason on a scoring note and feeling good. If they would of come back out and gone three and out it would of taken a bit of the optimism out for me even though it's just a mental thing

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
cheesey said:

I think it's time to drop Peterson. He doesn't really add anything to the team, IMO.

I agree........i see an injury settlement coming.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I was also happy to see the starters pulled after scoring on the first drive. Now at least they finish off the preseason on a scoring note and feeling good. If they would of come back out and gone three and out it would of taken a bit of the optimism out for me even though it's just a mental thing

It IS a mental thing. But i think thats important too. It shows our "O" what they can do when they play well. Hopefully that will carry over to the regular season.
Believeing you can score puts that idea in their heads. Instead of going out there and thinking, as you said "three and out".
I think your points are VERY valid Cdn!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best thing that can happen for us to at least not turn the ball over in the first half opening day. If Brett plays conservative and the team builds confidence I think we got a good shot at the Bears. I hate to think what will happen if we turn the ball over early and the Bears score. That would make it ******* the young group to keep focused.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts