Coming To Season Opener (From New Orleans)

Saint Jack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello to all, I aam allready planning to come to Lambeau for the Saints/Packers game. (Can't plan to early can ya?). Is there any hotel/resteraunt ect. recommendations?
Thanks for your help.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you going to walk to the stadium? If so, try hotels on Holmgren or Lombardi first. Oneida has lots of hotels too but they are all in Ashwaubenon and a little further if you plan on walking. Book really early! Try the Midway if you want super close - it's literally a few hundred feet from Lambeau, and right across from Stadium View, which I'm sure you're going to want to visit as it's the most popular bar for tailgaters.

As for food, Krolls West is on Ridge and has pretty cheap food... right across from the stadium. If you're looking for sitdown, I actually like Titletown. It's "downtown" by the railroad (the full name is Titletown Brewing Company). On game day you can go to any of the sports bars on Holmgren and they will all be very close to Lambeau.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask away! Is it your first time here?

Oh, and please don't pay for parking. It's expensive and if you know where to go you can park for free.

OP
OP
S

Saint Jack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time, but its been on my list since I was 5 (Lambeau mystique plus I've always heard Packers fans have the greatest hospitallity.) The Saints going there on Kickoff have put this long awaited trip into motion

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, in general people are good natured... especially on a game day weekend when they have a few beers in them! I've had fans of opposing teams give me tips even after we beat them because they were happy and drunk. Just make sure you book the hotel very early, as the hotels close to the stadium fill up sometimes months in advance.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here in the forum when it comes to helping friend and foe alike.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here in the forum when it comes to helping friend and foe alike.

It helps when the foe is polite & shows respect for our house.
Jack, hope your 1st trip to Titletown is AWESOME. Thursday is "fresh" cheese curd day. Try them while they're still squeaky.
Sorry we're going to have to beat you. :wink2:

OP
OP
S

Saint Jack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It helps when the foe is polite & shows respect for our house.
Jack, hope your 1st trip to Titletown is AWESOME. Thursday is "fresh" cheese curd day. Try them while they're still squeaky.
Sorry we're going to have to beat you. :wink2:

Thanks for all your help everyone. I really enjoythe Packers team as a whole. All your work is done on the field and you dont run your mouth on ESPN (unlike some team in Dallas who should not be named). Im sorry the Saints are going to spoil it (got a couple months till its starts) Its going to be a good game all around.

Sirscorps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sammy's Pizza (Oneida St.)
El Azteca (W. Mason)
Chili John's (Military Ave.)
Pasquale's (Downtown W. De Pere, which is just outside of GB. About a 10 min. drive from stadium.)
Jake's Pizza (Downtown GB on Main St.)
C St. (Lounge type of bar in downtown GB on Cherry St. They make strong drinks too!)

All of these restaurants are within 15 min. of Lambeau Field. If you need additional info, please PM me.

Members online

Latest posts