Coming to Lambeau 9/20 I have questions!

stinger223

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all Cheeseheads! I know this probably belongs in another forum, but I wanted as many people as possible to see/respond to it. I'm planning a trip to Packer Country for the Sept. 20th Bengals game. We are still hammering out the details right now (tickets/hotel/$$$ for expenses etc..)

But I have some things I need help with.

Let me say in full disclosure that I'm a die-hard BENGALS fan. With that out of the way I hope you continue reading! here are my questions.

1. Other than the main "tourist" attraction restaurants(Favre's Steakhouse) what are the "can't miss" eateries in Green Bay. I definitely want to stop by Curly's & Fuzzy's while we're there.

2.Where are the best places to spot current/former Packer players?

3. Where does the visiting team stay before the game. I'm asking b/c I'd like to try & get some Bengals autographs while I'm in town b/c I'm not going down to Bengals training camp this year, saving my $$$ for Lambeau.

4. Any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels. We're going to be staying 2, possibly 3 nights & would like to keep the cost below $100 per night. I found a hotel on Priceline.com in Appleton, WI for 3 nights, total cost was $193.00. That's a good deal, But Appleton is 30 miles from Green Bay & I would like to stay a little closer if possible.

5. Tailgating-Obviously we don't have season tickets so we can't park in the season pass lots. What are the best spots to set up & tailgate at. Also what items are "must-havs" for a traditional Packers tailgate party. I'm planning on burgers/beer brats/& some Skyline Chili, Cincinnati spaghetti.
What else do I need to bring.

5. Fans-How can we expect to be treated? Some fans(Browns) are totally classless! they talk smack when their team is DOWN by 3 td's. I've had Browns fans get in my face when I was @ Paul Brown Stadium. I follow the Golden Rule. As long as your not an A-hole to me I won't be an A-hole to you. But some people just feel the need to berate another person just because they root for a different team. I don't think Packer fans act that way though.

6. We are planning on taking the Lambeau stadium tour/visiting the Packer Hall of Fame. What other must-see destinations are there in & around Green bay?

I know that's alot of questions, any help Packer Nation can give me is greatly appreciated.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all Cheeseheads! I know this probably belongs in another forum, but I wanted as many people as possible to see/respond to it. I'm planning a trip to Packer Country for the Sept. 20th Bengals game. We are still hammering out the details right now (tickets/hotel/$$$ for expenses etc..)

But I have some things I need help with.

Let me say in full disclosure that I'm a die-hard BENGALS fan. With that out of the way I hope you continue reading! here are my questions."

"1. Other than the main "tourist" attraction restaurants(Favre's Steakhouse) what are the "can't miss" eateries in Green Bay. I definitely want to stop by Curly's & Fuzzy's while we're there."

PWT -answer-- There are many Restaurants, Sports Bars and grills, supper clubs which have good food. II would say if you want a good food at reasonable price in Green Bay--The Bay Motel and Family Restaurant is located one mile from Lambeau Field at 1001 South Military av..
There is also another economy priced Restaurant located right across the street. It is Golden Basket located at 1350 S. Military.Av

For a Good large steak. I would suggest The Prime Quarter Steakhouse which is located at 2610 S Oneida Street- Just about 1 mile south of Lambeau Field. featuring"Grill your own Steak on on a live hickory charcoal grill They have a web site wwww.primequarter.com

A verywell known Green Bay restaurant is located on Ridge Rd which is located on west side of Lambeau Field. So it is right across the street from Lambeau Field. It is Kroll's west-1990 S Ridge Rd. On Packer game home day- They have entertainment , Food, dining outside in the front Restaurant. They are noted for the char coal grill Sandwiches, Chili and dinners- Their website is wwwkrollswest.com

There are four Sports Bars and Grills located just one block east of Lambeau Field in the same area on Holmgren Way (Street) Brett Favre Steakhouse is located in the same area. The Sports Bars and Grills on Holmgren are: Stadium View Bar and Grill -1963 Holmgrer Way ---The Bar on Holmgren Way located at 2001 Holmgren Way website is www.meetatthebar.com--- Anduzzi's Sports Club -Located at 1992 Holmgren Way.

.Brett Favre steakhouse is located on Brett Favre Pass (Street) ,which intersects Holmgren way on the norhtside of Stadium View building. There is a Sports bar located just East of Brett Favre Streakhouse on Tony Canadeo Run Street.) It is Champions Sports Bar and Grill- 1007 Tony Canadeo Run-

There are are all kinds of excellent eating places in Green Bay, which feature Italian ,Chinese , Mexican, Japanese , etc-- Let me know the type of food you would like to eat, while you are in Green Bay - And I will give you, in my opinion ,is the best Restaurant for that type of Food..

Question #2
Where do packer players dine in Gree BAy ?

PWT answer I really don't know where you would find Packer player's dining. I have personally have seen them eating at Applebee's Bar and Grill located At 900- Hansen Rd- That is at the Corner of S. Oneida Street at Hanson Rd. That is south of Lambeau Field on S. Oneida Street. . Cant really say if present group of Packer eat there. . as that was a few years ago. There are so many good restaurants in Green Bay, I don't know if there is any one restaruan, they perfer.

"3. Where does the visiting team stay before the game. I'm asking b/c I'd like to try & get some Bengals autographs while I'm in town b/c I'm not going down to Bengals training camp this year, saving my $$$ for Lambeau."

Answer from PWT--- Paper Valley Inn in Appleton. They know want the Vsiiting NFL teams need ,because the hotel has been hosting NFL teams visiting Green Bay for years. They are very security minded at Paper Valley Inn. Don't knoiw if you will get a chance to get autographs from the Bengal at the Paper Valley Inn.- By the way Appleton is about 28 miles from GB on Hiway 41 South.

Stinger-I will get back on this topic, with the answer to your 4 , 5 and 6 questions as soon as I can. Until then

PWT (Phil)

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stinger posted:"4. Any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels. We're going to be staying 2, possibly 3 nights & would like to keep the cost below $100 per night. I found a hotel on Priceline.com in Appleton, WI for 3 nights, total cost was $193.00. That's a good deal, But Appleton is 30 miles from Green Bay & I would like to stay a little closer if possible.."

PWT answer: Here are three locallly owned smaller, older Green Bay Motels, which have rates lower than the large, well known franchise Hotels here in Green Bay. These Motels have nice clean Hotel rooms and are well kept up Motels.

Here is information on these hotels.

The Mariner Motel on the Fox River.
website www.marinergreenbay.com
Phone: 930-437-3760
Address: 2222 Riverside Drive (3 miles from Lambeau Field)
Green Bay, Wi 54301

There is Sconnie's Pub and Eatery right in front of the Motel. website www.sconnies.com

Also with in 6 blocks of the Motel there is very good local restaurant called Allouez Cafe , It is located at 2220 S. Webster ave.

Star lit Motel
2120 S. Ashland Av (located 1 mile East of Lambeau Field)
Green Bay, Wi. 54304
Phone: 920-494-5641
Rates in '08 were $65.00 per day _ -2 person- one bed to $110- per day 2 persons2 beds (You will have to check with the Sky Lit on their '09 rates. I don't know, they could have change in '09

Bay Motel and Family Restaurant
1301 S Military Ave (located 1 mile north of Lambeau Field
Green Bay, Wi.54304

reservations 1-888-775-3441
website www.baymotelgreenbay.com (-reservations by toll free phone only.)
excellent Family Restaurant with good service and excellent food.
The rooms are clean .
The Hotel rooms and Restaurant were completely remodeled not too many years. ago
Room rates are $100 plus Tax per day.

If you want all the information on the other 50 hotels in Green Bay.

Greater Green Bay Convention and Tourist Bureau has website that will give you access to most of the hotels in Green Bay websites. Website www.greenbay.com

Greater Green Ba yConvention and Tourist Bureau phone number is toll free- 1-888-867-3342.

I would suggest getting your your ticket for the Packer-Bengal game and immediately reserve your hotel room in GB. Hotel rooms here in Green Bay are very scarce get on Packer home game weekend. even though the game is on September 20th..
The Green Bay Packers are located in the smallest city in the NFL. GB has juat over 50 Hotels. There are not enough hotel rooms in GB to take care of all the football fans who need rooms in Green Bay's Hotels on Packer home game weekend. There fore the Football fans who don't get hotel rooms in Green Bay , will have to reserved hotel rooms in hotels in the surrounding cities around GB . These Football fans have to drive between 20 to 35 miles from hotel room in another city to Green Bay. That is why why I placed emphasis on reserving your room in a hotel in GB--immediately

If you need Packer ticket I can suggest some reliable ticket brokers here in Green Bay , There was no question in your post about purchasung a Packer tixket. But here is the information about Ticket brokers here in GB . I know ticket brokers are not an inexpensive source of Packer tickets

From a Ticket Broker, you can count on getting the ticket for your game and it is a real Packer ticket- not counterfeit ticket.. There have been some counterfeit Packer tickets being sold by dishonest people.

Also you can choose the seat location when buying when buying Packer ticket from Ticket Broker.

I will leave the source Packer ticket to you. I know you are on budget. Here is a list of Ticket Brokers here in GB.

Ticket King.
2053 S Oneida St
Green Bay Wi 54304

website TheTicketKing.com (order on line)

phone number Toll free 1-800-992-7328

Ticket King office is one block south of South from Lambeau Field

Office open for ticket pick up on Day of the game

Ticket king has parking for all Packer games

Fox RiverTickets
125 S Broadway (located 5 Miles from Lambeau Field)
DePere, Wi.

website www.FoxRiverTickets.com (order on Line)

Phone number 920-336-6500

Packer Fan Tours and Tickets
Corner of Ashland av and Cormier Rd

Green Bay, Wi. 54304

website PackerFanTours.com

Phone 920-438-1649

Fuzzy'sTickets and tours
2511 W Mason Street

Green Bay, Wi 54304

phone 920-497-9204

Fuzzy is- Fuzzy Thurston- was the great Packer Guard for Vince Lombardi"s;, great "60's Packer teams. Fuzzy's Sports Bar and Grill is also located in same bulding.

I will be sending you another message to answer the other questions you had in your post about Tailgating,Packer fans and things to see and do in Green Bay

PWT (Phil)

Last edited:

Kenomacky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Know its been a long time since this was posted on, But want to ask similar questions. I am flying over from Ireland, to see packer v colts game in November, Luckily got a good deal on 2 places to stay, Quality Inn by the stadium and mariner motel.

I was looking at tickets and found some on fox river tickets, so I got one, They seem like reliable people, and see them mentioned around here. Has anyone dealt with them, is there anything to be concerned about.

Also coming from Ireland I have to fly into Chicago, whats the best way of getting to Green Bay, I was looking bus/train through Milwaukee. Is there any local bus services direct or anything, or something to watch out for with price.

Also any recommendations, of things to do there apart from the usual stadium/hof tour and game

D

Deleted member 6794

Also coming from Ireland I have to fly into Chicago, whats the best way of getting to Green Bay, I was looking bus/train through Milwaukee. Is there any local bus services direct or anything, or something to watch out for with price.

Also any recommendations, of things to do there apart from the usual stadium/hof tour and game

Renting a car and driving up to Green Bay is by far the most convenient way to make it to Lambeau from Chicago.

Here's a link to an existing thread about what to do in Titletown:

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/come-here-for-help-questions-and-answers-on-green-bay.22613/

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks, I will look at that. Also I should have said I don't have a License, so going to have too use public transport.

Well, in this case there are several flights a day from O'Hare to Green Bay.

Another possibility is to take the Amtrak from Chicago's Union Station to Milwaukee and from there a Greyhound bus to Green Bay. It will take you approximately five hours.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In reality Green Bay is small and rural and not on the way between larger metro areas. Don't expect many public transport options.

D

Deleted member 6794

In reality Green Bay is small and rural and not on the way between larger metro areas. Don't expect many public transport options.

The Green Bay Metro offers 15 standard bus routes as well as four special ones on gameday to get around the city.

Members online

Latest posts