1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colts 9-0 baby!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ColtsSeahawks, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So pumped right now.... Packers with a huge win over the Cowboys and the Colts with an even bigger win over the Pats. This have to be the best come from behind victory the Colts have ever had..... Absolutely amazing!!! Both teams played their ***'s off, and if it had not been for BB being stupid and using up all his timeouts when he didnt have to they could have challenged the 4th and 2.... But oh well :) Colts are 9-0 and the Packers are looking more and more like a playoff team...... Especially on defense today, huge turn around from last week.

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah I know, Go Colts Im happy cause I hate New England. My bro is happy too!

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    What a game. And what a performance by Manning, and their D, when it counted. But that won't happen very often, play like how they played in the first half, and they'll not go far.

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Nice win by the Colts, but I actually think Belicheck's call to go on 4th down wasn't that bad a call. The conversion rate in the league from that distance is like 60%, so being the Pats, I would say it's closer to 65%. Plus their defense was gassed and Manning had dominated them the entire fourth quarter. And with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game plus one time out and the two minute warning, turning it over to Manning on maybe his 30 yard line should there be no punt return would have given Manning way more time than he needed to make a 70 yard drive.

All in all I think it was the smarter play regardless of the outcome. Besides, in the immortal words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!"

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Bellichick may have lost his team in that call. What he said basically was "I thrust more Tom Brady than I thrust my entire D, and my running game", as he played directly from the shotgun. And it didn't pan out. As 2007 didn't pan out for them, when they were setting records, but in the end couldn't control the clock, and couldn't run the ball, to keep the Giants pass rush off guard.

We'll see next week. But I predict that either the Patriots lose playing very unevengly, or they do like we did: play great D, and control the clock.

6. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There really is no wrong or right answer.... Personaly I think it was smart for him to go for it... The Pats D couldnt do squat against Peyton in the fourth quarter, and BB knew that.... Peyton was lighting them up and getting hot, and when that man gets hot its hard to stop him... Not to mention Patriots defense isnt that great this year... Like they were 2 years ago thats for sure. Peyton is the best in the NFL in 2 min drills next to Brady and maybe Favre. 2 mins is alot of time for that man to march down the field and get a touchdown...

Regardless if BB didnt go for it on 4th and 2, punted the ball and the Colts scored.... We would all be sitting here saying why didnt he go for it on 4th and 2.... With Brady at QB you have to trust him... And it was a good call on behalf of BB... He clearly had the first down, but the refs were extremely generous to the Colts thank god... (not like the Pats havent got calls their way before *cough Ravens game*) None the less its a very tough call to make, and if it was any other QB out there I would say punt... But when it comes to Peyton that guy is incredible at what he can put together in 2 minutes or less.