1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colt McCoy

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Green_Bay_Packers, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Would anyone here want him if we could get him in the 1st or 2nd round or would he be a waste of a pick?

2. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    It would be a waste dude. We don't need to draft a QB that early, we have a lot bigger needs at the moment.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    If I were a team that needed QB, I'd for sure spent a 2nd rounder on him. His winning record, monility, decision making and accuracy are really good.

However, I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him. He's a product of a system, much like Alex Smith was, and he's nowhere near ready to play. Plus there's no telling if he has the arm strenght to make it in hte NFL.

I can make a case for him being a future great QB, as well as a case for him being a future bust. So a 2nd rounder, be it early or late, is the price of McCoy.

4. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

Well said. I actually think we won't take a QB in the draft at all unless it's the 7th, or possibly 6th round. But you never know I suppose.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    I was just throwing it out there was watching him throwing some passes yesterday thanks for the input guys :D

6. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    after going through the Brian Brohm thing..........I say no