Colt Lyerla. Dominant; coke problems. Thoughts?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a crackhead. Let's just get that bit out of the way. Under almost any circumstances imaginable, I would immediately dismiss a kid with a coke problem. And I still pretty much have to write off Lyerla.

But he has Gronk ability. He could be dominant. I'm just curious, how does this forum feel about taking a low-risk pick like a 6 or 7 and trying to fix this basket case?

/sigh Such a waste.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7th rounder? sure why not
He's a crackhead. Let's just get that bit out of the way. Under almost any circumstances imaginable, I would immediately dismiss a kid with a coke problem. And I still pretty much have to write off Lyerla.

But he has Gronk ability. He could be dominant. I'm just curious, how does this forum feel about taking a low-risk pick like a 6 or 7 and trying to fix this basket case?

/sigh Such a waste.

OP
OP
thisisnate

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thaanks!
We already have a MASH unit, we don't need a PSYCH unit.

I know :( I feel like he's almost certain to fail due to off the field issues, but there are a few teams/cities that I think might work for him (NE, Pitt, Denver... maybe GB?). Pipe dream I'm sure. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go undrafted though, but some team will pick him up. Excited to see him on the field again.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
No thanks. If he has a drug problem as a college kid with limited money, imagine the issues he could have with an NFL paycheck. Problem children can go to the raiders.

OP
OP
thisisnate

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won't even be on our board. Should he make it onto the board, he's a small Amaro.

Agreed that he won't even be on the Packers' radar. I just want so badly for him to clean up and play.

As far as the Amaro comparison goes, Lyerla is the same height and only 10 pounds lighter at 250 with plenty of room to add bulk since he's got like zero body fat. For that matter, Amaro is probably going to be asked to bulk up a bit too by whoever drafts him. Kids are still young though; plenty of time to add to their frames. Lyerla is also considerably faster than Amaro.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame because this kid is a freak. I'm a huge Ducks fan and I was so pissed to hear that he keeps messing up. He's got all the tools and I would love to see him be successful with the Pack.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Agreed that he won't even be on the Packers' radar. I just want so badly for him to clean up and play.

As far as the Amaro comparison goes, Lyerla is the same height and only 10 pounds lighter at 250 with plenty of room to add bulk since he's got like zero body fat. For that matter, Amaro is probably going to be asked to bulk up a bit too by whoever drafts him. Kids are still young though; plenty of time to add to their frames. Lyerla is also considerably faster than Amaro.
True, but I still feel Amaro is a more natural player.

Would also like to point out that neither of them are remotely similar to Gronk's style of play.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A potential player comes out as being gay. Uh-oh. Maybe we don't want him until the 5th round or later in the draft.
Players have killed others in car accidents, shootings, are crack heads or other drugs. Sign him up without a second thought!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
A potential player comes out as being gay. Uh-oh. Maybe we don't want him until the 5th round or later in the draft.
Players have killed others in car accidents, shootings, are crack heads or other drugs. Sign him up without a second thought!
On my board: Sam was an early 4, now he's a late 4 because anything negative that happens results in your media crucifixion and a mail order bigot badge. Lyerla was an early 2, now he's a late 5 because he's a tall Aaron Hernandez. You can stop the trolling (ie posting something controversial to get a reaction and take the thread off topic) now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On my board: Sam was an early 4, now he's a late 4 because anything negative that happens results in your media crucifixion and a mail order bigot badge. Lyerla was an early 2, now he's a late 5 because he's a tall Aaron Hernandez. You can stop the trolling (ie posting something controversial to get a reaction and take the thread off topic) now.
It wasn't my intention to troll.
Just pointing out how certain bad behaviors in the NFL are more acceptable than certain ****** orientations.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, if you want to compare the two, shouldn't the sentiment be consistent? If he can play, who care what he does with his personal life? Sure, some drug addicts kill others in car accidents or shootings, but to say they all do is stereotypical and judgmental. Sure, some homosexuals kill others with AIDS, but to say they all do is stereotypical and judgmental.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts