1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Collins next to hold out????

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DonnieCash, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DonnieCash

DonnieCash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Re: Collins next to hold out.

Well, according to the Milw JS there is chance Collins is home with his wife as they wait for their 3rd child to be born...

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980

He deserves a lot more than what he earns. If Williams cry about his salary, I get angry. But Collins is underpaid.
    It's business. It would be a lot better if all guys would just play and at the end of their contracts, get something better, but it's not the end of the world when a guy that has been one of our best defensive player and is paid like one of the worst wants a raise...

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483

I got caught up in this as well until someone showed me this

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41564302.html

5. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    i think a nice 2 year contract would be good because if he is one of those players that play good for one year so they get a good contract and then just sit there. i dont think he will be that type of player but just to be safe

6. spartacheese520

spartacheese520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT, handle your business! Jennings and Collins better have new contracts after the draft no later than before training camp starts.

7. Rodgersfan1985

Rodgersfan1985 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW, do you guys ever wonder if like TT wakes up in the mornin steps outside his patio and says, "How bad can I **** up the Packers today!!!!" WE NEED NICK COLLINS!!! I cant stress that enough, I thought this was some of the reason we held out on FAs this year was to get these boys SIGNED!!!

8. WoodyG

WoodyG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    -
    The kids not due until April 25th. That's almost five weeks from now. Unless his wife is having some issues, this is just another player playing the 'contract game'.

You need to examine the logic in waiting on signing Collins immediately. -From MJS:

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Dont forget he got a 3 MILLION increase due to the escalator clauses in his contract

10. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Collins is probably feeling threatened by the Anthony Smith signing. This is Collins' way of returning the favor for not being informed/consulted about player acquisitions AGAIN. Sigh. I'm tired of being right all the time.

Sarcasm aside I don't think this is a big issue. Charles Woodson, Aaron Rouse & even Bigby wouldn't have any trouble stepping into a leadership role in the new 3-4. It's new for all of them isnt' it? No one knows who's going to be the one to take to new scheme like a fish to water so let Collins hold out & fall behind the rest of the guys who truly wish to get on board.