1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Collins may not be safe at safety

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Toddy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Full Article

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Awesome.

I'm not hearing much about guys coming in out of shape(linemen, I'm looking at you). This is good news. These guys are really ready to rock n roll.

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im disappointed Rock didnt use his "Ghee Whiz!" catchphrase like he did when talking about Allen Babre. :D

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    AR QB's the offense

AR QB's the defense

i like that symmetry.

5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Think of the flexibility of a defense that would have three safeties that are assignment sure ready to be a front line player in this league.. with the number of different sets with more than 3 wides on the field.. think of the possibilities in the dime sets..

Visions of Rouse sitting at the LOS, standing 6'4" tall, playing games with the QB with 2 safeties sitting in the quarter deep coverage.. will he come or will he drop only the defense knows.. young TJ would be shating his drawers..

6. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The article's title is a little misleading. It makes it sound as if Collins is on the verge of being replaced, but that's not what the story tells. If anything, it sounds like he still the top candidate - at least for this year.

I think we'll see Collins and Rouse on the field in obvious passing situations, and Collins and Bigby in run packages.

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

i think i just shat in my drawers

8. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Having only one pick in 3 years of playing in the league, he better correct his mistakes. I still like him, and with Rock saying "Nick Collins is as talented of a player that we have in our back end on the defensive perimeter." that tells you a whole lot about the level of potential that he possesses. I really hope that he keeps the job. Cause that would mean he does better than Rouse, and Rouse is exciting.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I love having this problem, because as much as I've fallen OUT of love with Collins, he's still pretty good, and having Collins, Rouse, and Bigby fighting for 2 spots(mostly Collins vs. Rouse) is just great.

This team has come a long way since 4-12. Superbowl, baby!

(I'm not drunk, just really really tired. Gnight, all)

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And even better, their first names are Aaron.

In Collins' defense, we need him. Depth is of utmost importance when the season is in its final weeks and when (notice I didn't say if) we're in the Playoffs.

11. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah, we could have opted for Archuleta.

The one that can't sing OR play football.