1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colledge is a LT, not LG: Havel

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Aug 17, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting.

Well I trust McCarthy and more importantly Jags to make the right call, but if Colledge does end up getting moved to LT, IMO it is a waste of a pick.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    great article, based off 1 preseason game.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I would say Havel is basing it off more than just one game, probably through practices. Funny thing is that he brings this article out after Colledge looked stiff and played too high in his first game. I'd give him a little more credibility if he had said this sooner.

However truth be told, I would be pretty mad at TT if, and that is a HUGE if, Colledge ended up as a backup LT.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yep, if he had said it before game 1, or after game 3 or 4, it would be..relevant. Now its just more week 1 end of the world nonsense cuz he struggled(and oh yes, he struggled).

5. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I would agree with Havel on this one, especially if Clifton's knee problems continue.

But to be perfectly honest not much that has been done on the OL this year has made any sense to me so far. Why should it start now?

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Clifton goes down then at least we have someone behind him. Right now our line depth is horrible. So I wouldn't call it a waste of pick but I would call it a pick where we could of looked elsewhere.

I think they need too show some patience with him. Let's see what Saturday holds and then let's end the experiement and let the final solution come together as a unit.

7. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You mean like I did Trom?

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    What team does Havel coach or gm for?

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sure Havel see's most of the practices. I'm sure he has way more of an insight into what is going on than we do. For the first time this season I'm getting seriously concerned about this teams chances of finding even one guard who can play. They move Colledge to guard and after one game they move him to left tackle. They put another rookie who was a tight in in college to guard. I mean what in the world makes them think that this is going to work? I think Mr. Thompson's blunderous move to allow his two all-pro type guards to leave without having any adequate replacements is going to come back and bite him right in the butt.