Colin Cole

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy was all over yesterday, and put some serious licks down on Vick.....very disruptive. Here is a player that seems to improve every week. Kampman and Cole are two guys whom the Packers should be preparing to sign on for a few more years. Love both of their tenacity and toughness.

Seems when the media-appointed Savior of the NFL (Ron Mexico) gets hit early, he gets out of things a bit. Great defensive scheme and execution.

Al Harris continues to impress me every week. Not the most physically talented guy, but works/studies harder than most....plus he hit the **** outta Vick on the sideline...nice toughness, sends a message that the day will be full of hits!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked that Digs, we need to make it clear that we can and will hit hard, I love to see Aaron and Colin bust thier butts on every down to get the job done, I love to see Harris plaing wiht his heart and soul.. I think we can keep Kampman and Colin, they are making it clear that they are not just a couple of "journeymen" IMHO they are a good example that you can beat someone more gifted if you play as hard as you can on every down!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right digs....think about the difference between the all-out effort of Cole/Kampman and Hunt/Johnson. Sorry to bring those names up but I hope we start rewarding the overachievers that bust their butts every game and let the underachievers move on.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think anyone will suggest that Grady is under-performing. He is actually living up to and probably playing beyond his paycheck. That said, given his age, weight issues and the fact that the Packers have some young up-and-comers along the interior (plus a potentially very high draft pick where DT may be selected), he will probably not be back at big money, which is what he wants. That said, if we can sign him for some mid-level money, and his health/outlook warrant it, I would be for seeing him stay beyond this season.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that he meant being fair with those guys that give everything on every down he may be wrong on one name, but names are not important here as mes are so lets honor those who give it all and get rid of those that just collect their pay checks every payday...

By the way I have seen Grady play not only on this game but I saw him against Pittsburg and he busted his butt on everydown he played and how he got to the QB and the RB...

I think Grady deserves a better contract somewhere between what he wants and what the Pack want...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got no problem with Grady. Not sure where that came from....especially the caps. I doubt they would re-sign him for what he wants though. A little long in the tooth and only plays about 50% of the snaps. Seems to struggle with his weight. Maybe he should push himself away from the dinner table every once in awhile.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What year is Colin Cole in? Rookie? Just curious because so many people seem to bash TT for our record but it seems his first draft as the Packers GM is doing pretty good. Especially when you consider he prepped for the draft for the Seahawks and only put in a few months learning what talent the packers had.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
What year is Colin Cole in? Rookie? Just curious because so many people seem to bash TT for our record but it seems his first draft as the Packers GM is doing pretty good. Especially when you consider he prepped for the draft for the Seahawks and only put in a few months learning what talent the packers had.

I think Cole is in his second year in the NFL. He was a free agent pickup in '04 so I don't think he was drafted. Could be wrong though...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defensive line, especially against the run, has been a very pleasant surprise. Collin Cole can play. Does anyone remember "what's his name"? I am so glad we are rid of him.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
...think about the difference between the all-out effort of Cole/Kampman and Hunt/Johnson. Sorry to bring those names up but I hope we start rewarding the overachievers that bust their butts every game and let the underachievers move on.

Good point. Cole and Kampman have less talent in my opinion, but at least they are giving their best effort on every play which has helped the D-line hold their own in most of the games. Having talent like Hunt is of no use if he doesn't have the desire to use it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Cole - The Green Bay Packers replacement for Gravedigger/Gilbert Brown - God Bless Him.!

Here's some short notes -----

2003 Season

• - Signed with Minnesota as a non-drafted free agent May 2 and spent separate one-week stints on its 53-man roster

- Waived Oct. 8, signed with Detroit Dec. 23

- Inactive for three NFL contests in all

2004 Season

• - Was inactive for two contests before playing in the final three games, including one start

- Also inactive for Wild Card playoff game against Minnesota
    Finished with seven tackles (six solo)

- Originally signed Sept. 16 to the Green Bay practice squad, where he remained until his promotion to the 53-man roster Nov. 30 (replacing David Martin, injured reserve)

- Saw first NFL action vs. Jacksonville (Dec. 19), collecting three solo stops, including first league tackle (Fred Taylor)

- Followed up with one solo stop at Minnesota (Dec. 24)

- Made his first professional start in regular-season finale at Chicago (Jan. 2), at nose tackle for the inactive Grady Jackson (knee); finished with three tackles (two solo)

- Was listed as inactive for contests at Philadelphia (Dec. 5) and vs. Detroit (Dec. 12)

- Officially a first-year player, spent 2004 training camp with Detroit, who waived him Sept. 5

Then, there's his personal stuff ----

Personal

• - Given name Colin Anthony Cole
    - Nicknamed ‘Big C’ or ‘DeeBo’
    - Born in Toronto, Canada
    - Married the former Karesha Williams this past March
    - Has a stepson, Andrez, 12
    - Named second-team all-state and first-team all-county at South Plantation High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
    - Selected to play in the North-South Broward All-Star game and Dade County All-Star contest
    - Four-year letterman in wrestling
    - Won state wrestling title as a senior
    - Four-time county heavyweight champion and three-time regional champ
    - Was 23-1 as a junior and was named ‘Outstanding Wrestler’ in Broward County
    - Helped with youth leadership while at Iowa
    - Also enjoyed visiting children at hospitals and schools
    - Held out of youth football because of his size
    - Wants to pursue acting after football
    - Enjoys lifting weights, all types of music, including Trick Daddy, and movies, especially Payback
    - Hobbies also include older cars; he’s interested in obtaining a 1974 Impala
    - Residence: Iowa City, Iowa

None too shabby, if ya ask me!

Members online

Latest posts