Cody Kessler

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that QB isn't a need by any stretch, but I know McCarthy likes to have 3 quarterbacks on roster and since Tolzien has gone off to Indianapolis, the draft could be a perfect time to address adding a 3rd QB to the roster. In the mid to late rounds like between 4-6 would be where someone like Cody Kessler could be grabbed. I know USC has had a bad stigma when it comes to the quarterbacking position, but Cody seems different to me. He has grit and can really run a west coast offense masterfully. I personally would love to see him here and watch him develop. Is there anyone else out there who is a fan of this kid's game?

D

Deleted member 6794

I know that QB isn't a need by any stretch, but I know McCarthy likes to have 3 quarterbacks on roster and since Tolzien has gone off to Indianapolis, the draft could be a perfect time to address adding a 3rd QB to the roster. In the mid to late rounds like between 4-6 would be where someone like Cody Kessler could be grabbed. I know USC has had a bad stigma when it comes to the quarterbacking position, but Cody seems different to me. He has grit and can really run a west coast offense masterfully. I personally would love to see him here and watch him develop. Is there anyone else out there who is a fan of this kid's game?

The Packers will for sure add another QB to the offseason roster and most likely stash one on the practice squad after training camp but I don't see the need to spend a draft pick on the position.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IMO this would be throwing away a draft pick and a roster spot. Packers are set at #2 with Hundley and to my recollection, never dress more then the #1 and #2, unless the #1 is starting the game somewhat injured. I prefer using the roster spot for another position of depth and carry the #3 on the PS. Let's face it, if you lose your #1 and your #2, you are most likely looking for a veteran journeyman QB that can step in rather quickly.

I am guessing the only reason the Packers kept 3 QB's on the 53 man roster last year was because they knew there was no way to safely stash Hundley on the PS after his preseason performance.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO this would be throwing away a draft pick and a roster spot. Packers are set at #2 with Hundley and to my recollection, never dress more then the #1 and #2, unless the #1 is starting the game somewhat injured. I prefer using the roster spot for another position of depth and carry the #3 on the PS. Let's face it, if you lose your #1 and your #2, you are most likely looking for a veteran journeyman QB that can step in rather quickly.

I am guessing the only reason the Packers kept 3 QB's on the 53 man roster last year was because they knew there was no way to safely stash Hundley on the PS after his preseason performance.

Exactly right. I expect some developmental project as the third quarterback on the PS this year. Possibly a late draft pick, or a street free agent.

Members online

Latest posts