1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Kessler

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Brett Favre 4, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Brett Favre 4

Brett Favre 4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I know that QB isn't a need by any stretch, but I know McCarthy likes to have 3 quarterbacks on roster and since Tolzien has gone off to Indianapolis, the draft could be a perfect time to address adding a 3rd QB to the roster. In the mid to late rounds like between 4-6 would be where someone like Cody Kessler could be grabbed. I know USC has had a bad stigma when it comes to the quarterbacking position, but Cody seems different to me. He has grit and can really run a west coast offense masterfully. I personally would love to see him here and watch him develop. Is there anyone else out there who is a fan of this kid's game?

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    The Packers will for sure add another QB to the offseason roster and most likely stash one on the practice squad after training camp but I don't see the need to spend a draft pick on the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,940
    IMO this would be throwing away a draft pick and a roster spot. Packers are set at #2 with Hundley and to my recollection, never dress more then the #1 and #2, unless the #1 is starting the game somewhat injured. I prefer using the roster spot for another position of depth and carry the #3 on the PS. Let's face it, if you lose your #1 and your #2, you are most likely looking for a veteran journeyman QB that can step in rather quickly.

I am guessing the only reason the Packers kept 3 QB's on the 53 man roster last year was because they knew there was no way to safely stash Hundley on the PS after his preseason performance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

Exactly right. I expect some developmental project as the third quarterback on the PS this year. Possibly a late draft pick, or a street free agent.