Cobb getting little respect

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont often make this complaint, I find it petty and most of the time untrue, but feeling this one is deserving.

Randall Cobb is having an amazing season and gets no respect. No mention on todays broadcast that I heard when he broke the franchise record for most yardage in franchise history.

Then I read this:
The Packers have wrapped up the division already, but that doesn’t mean the spotlight is totally off the fading teams in the division quite yet. There’s a bit of irony that the Packers have had a strong season with really no spectacular statistical standouts this season, while the Vikings and Lions have a juggernaut on each of their offensive sides of the ball.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/a-titanic-mess-of-random-thoughts

Really cheeseheadtv? I love most of the posts on your site, but Cobb could break the NFL record for (around 400 yards away when I type this) most yardage in a season. Sorry its not the shiny espn loved record that Calvin Johnson and AP are going for (or already set), but both those teams are unlikely to do anything in the post season (or in the lions case make it at all).

So Packer fans, please, be smart fans, stand up and take note of Cobbs season. God knows no one else is.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I dont often make this complaint, I find it petty and most of the time untrue, but feeling this one is deserving.

Randall Cobb is having an amazing season and gets no respect. No mention on todays broadcast that I heard when he broke the franchise record for most yardage in franchise history.

Then I read this:
The Packers have wrapped up the division already, but that doesn’t mean the spotlight is totally off the fading teams in the division quite yet. There’s a bit of irony that the Packers have had a strong season with really no spectacular statistical standouts this season, while the Vikings and Lions have a juggernaut on each of their offensive sides of the ball.
http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/a-titanic-mess-of-random-thoughts

Really cheeseheadtv? I love most of the posts on your site, but Cobb could break the NFL record for (around 400 yards away when I type this) most yardage in a season. Sorry its not the shiny espn loved record that Calvin Johnson and AP are going for (or already set), but both those teams are unlikely to do anything in the post season (or in the lions case make it at all).

So Packer fans, please, be smart fans, stand up and take note of Cobbs season. God knows no one else is.
It may also never happen again. He's becoming too valuable.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion going into the playoffs the less attention our guys get the better. I like our team flying under the radar and get the recognition later when it matters most. Also, the records Megatron and AP are going after are league records which obviously are going to get more media attention than a franchise record.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion going into the playoffs the less attention our guys get the better. I like our team flying under the radar and get the recognition later when it matters most. Also, the records Megatron and AP are going after are league records which obviously are going to get more media attention than a franchise record.

Cobb is going after the NFL record for yardage. He just happened to break the franchise record on the way to the nfl record.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Who cares. The team respects and values him and that's all that matters. I'd rather not him become Victor Cruz with everybody hanging off his nuts. The less attentions to this team right now, the better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts