Coan to transfer

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack Coan, Wisconsin‘s starting quarterback in 2019 but who has not taken a snap in 2020, will enter the transfer protocol, according to his father, who posted that information on Twitter on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Saw the writing on the wall for Coan when they landed the 4 Star recruit Graham Mertz. Even Alex Hornibrook transferred out before Mertz was about to arrive in 2019. Coan beat Mertz out in 2019 and Mertz ended up taking a redshirt. Sadly, I think that Mertz was still rushed into action earlier than the Badgers would have liked due to Coan's preseason injury this year. Mertz despite his rocky first year, is the future of the organization for the next 3 years.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about that...Mertz looked very shaky the last 4 games. And his passing accuracy has disappeared, although he has few to throw to with the whole pandemic situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I dont know about that...Mertz looked very shaky the last 4 games. And his passing accuracy has disappeared, although he has few to throw to with the whole pandemic situation.

His confidence definitely seemed off and yes, he lost his top 2 receivers Davis and Pryor. Add to that he had nothing in the way of a run game, like Badger teams in the past. I also think that him contracting COVID may have had a factor in it as well. They still don't know what the long term effects are, as well as the fact that some people take longer than others to fully recover. I remember getting Mono my Senior year in HS and I felt just fine after 2 or so weeks but the Doctors and my endurance told me otherwise.

I expect/hope to see a different player next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They still playing in Lambeau?

This past season was suppose to be that game, so they will be meeting the Fighting Irish at Soldier Field in Chicago in 2021. Still somewhat of a neutral site, but considered a home game for the Irish.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame him. Perhaps he'll have success there (except when ND plays WI) and it will enable him to have a shot at the next level.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone watching him and Notre Dame?
In less than 2 weeks we will HAVE too. :eek:

Just saw his first half stats...impressive. I think they may have rushed Mertz at the expense of losing a decent QB in Coan.

Didn't Alex Hornibrook transfers to FSU due to Mertz and Coan? I also think they just had a walk on QB (Daniel Wright) transfer out of UW. What's up with the QB room at Wisconsin?

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he was good at wis..but seemed to have have lapses of horrible okay.

Wonder what real reason was for him to transfer.

They did say he had an offer for lacrosse at ND as well b4 football?

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i watched the game and i kept thinking the badgers kept the wrong qb. but it could be another case similar to mertz first start. notre dames defense was awful though.

Members online

Latest posts