Coaching Changes

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears the Packers are in for some coaching changes for '22.
- Hopefully we'll see a new ST coach brought in from outside of the organization from a good/great ST program?
- OC Nathaniel Hackett is finalizing a deal to become HC for Denver Broncos
- IF Hackett becomes HC in Denver he's possibly eyeing-up taking OL coach Adam Stenavich as Denver's OC. The job Stenavich has done with GB's OL over the past few years has been nothing less than stellar so I would hope MLF elevates Stenavich to be GB's OC rather than letting him leave.
- QB coach Luke Getsy has also been interviewing (Carolina, Denver) for the OC position so IF Stenavich moves on I would hope GB would possibly elevate Getsy to OC. Would absolutely hate to lose BOTH, but it may not be up to MLF depending on situation and offers.

The GB offensive coaching staff may see considerable changes in the next few weeks... any thoughts or concerns?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Hopefully we'll see a new ST coach brought in from outside of the organization from a good/great ST program?
- IF Hackett becomes HC in Denver he's possibly eyeing-up taking OL coach Adam Stenavich as Denver's OC. The job Stenavich has done with GB's OL over the past few years has been nothing less than stellar so I would hope MLF elevates Stenavich to be GB's OC rather than letting him leave.
- QB coach Luke Getsy has also been interviewing (Carolina, Denver) for the OC position so IF Stenavich moves on I would hope GB would possibly elevate Getsy to OC. Would absolutely hate to lose BOTH, but it may not be up to MLF depending on situation and offers.

The GB offensive coaching staff may see considerable changes in the next few weeks... any thoughts or concerns?
always the price of winning. Do it for a couple seasons and your best players and coaches move on. That's what made this loss a gut punch AND a kick to the balls. Significant changes were coming on both player and staff.

It was going to be a tough offseason regardless and for all sorts of reasons probably not on most people's radar. Even if we're able to retain some players like Rodgers and Adams kicking that can down the road. We're still likely looking at at least a handful or more of big names being cut. Our Roster is going to look very different even in the best case scenario and the hurt will be added to the future.

and even if we do that, we have some really good coaches that won't be easily replaced. OL, OC as you mentioned. New coaches even in same "scheme" results in a learning curve, there's no escaping it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hackett thinks Stenavich is OC material...good chance that is shared by MLF - could be he gets to choose where he wants to be.

The ST changes won't impact the Rodgers decision, but you bet your sweet biffy changes in the QB Coach, OL Coach or OC all could and would if me begin to influence my decision.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hackett thinks Stenavich is OC material...good chance that is shared by MLF - could be he gets to choose where he wants to be.

The ST changes won't impact the Rodgers decision, but you bet your sweet biffy changes in the QB Coach, OL Coach or OC all could and would if me begin to influence my decision.
Maybe they make Rodgers OC

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We shall see if Hackett comes up spades in Denver. If he calls plays like that of the SF game he will likely not be there long term. Stenavich there is absolutely no question is one of the best in the biz at Oline coaching. Don't know much about Getsy..but...if he develops qb's like he has Love, I have reservations of his prowess. I wish all of them well though, maybe its another Holmgren type staff this year that is too talented to stay put.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very curious why GB hasn't named a new Offensive Coordinator, yet? Hackett is gone. Gets has an offer to be OC in Chicago from recent reports. No news on whether Stenavich has offer from Denver, yet. What is MLF waiting for? Shouldn't Packer job & stability win out over a new team?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packers are interviewing Luke Getsy, Adam Stenavich, Kevin Koger (TE Coach, Chargers), and Brian Johnson (QB Coach, Eagles).

All of them are intriguing. Koger was with the Packers in 2019-2020.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very curious why GB hasn't named a new Offensive Coordinator, yet? Hackett is gone. Gets has an offer to be OC in Chicago from recent reports. No news on whether Stenavich has offer from Denver, yet. What is MLF waiting for? Shouldn't Packer job & stability win out over a new team?
You want them to just name guys without interviewing them or interviewing other candidates? Oops, we lost our OC. Better name one of our assistants before we lose them too. If one of our assistants grabs the first offer that comes along from another team without waiting to see if an offer comes along from the Packers I'm not sure that's the attitude I want anyway. I'm sure Stenavich and Getsy will get their interview with the Packers if they haven't already and if the Packers want them. Some guys can't handle the move up the ladder. A great OL line coach or QB coach may not be ready to be OC. Give it a few days anyway before you start to panic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing Hackett isn’t a surprise. Neither is potentially losing Getsy. They probably have contingency plans already in place and guys they’ve identified as potential replacements. They’ll interview and fill the positions. Lots of moving parts with players and coaches. Getting guys to commit won’t be easy until some big dominos start to fall

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm really curious about Stenavich. The move from OL coach to OC is rare. Is he really that good, or does he just bring that much to the OL that you'd rather promote him than lose him?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
All this right here guys is why hiring a guy like LaFleur was so smart.

It's an offense first game and the top dog on the offense is stable, even if there are lots of moving parts underneath him.

Now that Eberflus hire in Chicago on the other hand...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want them to just name guys without interviewing them or interviewing other candidates? Oops, we lost our OC. Better name one of our assistants before we lose them too. If one of our assistants grabs the first offer that comes along from another team without waiting to see if an offer comes along from the Packers I'm not sure that's the attitude I want anyway. I'm sure Stenavich and Getsy will get their interview with the Packers if they haven't already and if the Packers want them. Some guys can't handle the move up the ladder. A great OL line coach or QB coach may not be ready to be OC. Give it a few days anyway before you start to panic.
I'd like to know who played Turner at L tackle again this year. I do not want that guy no matter who he is.

Members online

Latest posts