coaching and scheme hold Pack back

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Of course it should be priority to win the division smh...not the first one tho. Seriously? Also the point i was making about Bill B. Is that that the offense is geared towards Bradys strengths. Had nothing to do with their defense.at all. I know they suck like ours. Thing is tho they draft linemen and personel to. Protect their elite qb so him and the offense can coverr up for the defense. Get it?
Beli calls defense. He has little to nothing to do with their offense. That was the point I was making.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I believe that your #1 priority should be to win the game you play that week. Do that and you go undefeated and win the Superbowl. Get it?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
McCarthy's first goal of the season beyond winning that week's game is to win each quarter - 4 games. The next goal is to win the division, then to secure a bye and then to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. All those goals are aiming toward winning a championship so IMO to say his first priority isn't winning the Super Bowl is just foolish.

BTW, McCarthy is the de facto OC. The loss of Philbin perhaps hurt but McCarthy was and is the driving force and play caller of the offense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
McCarthy's first goal of the season beyond winning that week's game is to win each quarter - 4 games. The next goal is to win the division, then to secure a bye and then to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. All those goals are aiming toward winning a championship so IMO to say his first priority isn't winning the Super Bowl is just foolish.

BTW, McCarthy is the de facto OC. The loss of Philbin perhaps hurt but McCarthy was and is the driving force and play caller of the offense.

But we score more points on offense then SB year..

So why does Philbin's loss hurt?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
But we score more points on offense then SB year..

So why does Philbin's loss hurt?
"BTW, McCarthy is the de facto OC. The loss of Philbin perhaps hurt but McCarthy was and is the driving force and play caller of the offense." Since I'm not in the meetings and I don't know exactly what Philbin's role was I can't answer that. Early in the season Rodgers said we'll have to wait and see what Philbin's absence means. So even he wasn't able to definitively answer that question and he's on the inside and knows much more than we do. It does look like Philbin is competent running a team so it's likely he was competent helping McCarthy run the offense. That point was aimed at the comment that Clements was new in the OC job this season. IMO a new OC is not nearly as important on a team whose OC is really the HC, as a new DC may be. It's analogous to a new DC on Lovie Smith's Bears.

Members online