Coach Rankings

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These rankings are probably the only way an objective reporter can rank them at this point. A first time head coach (coming from an awful team). A first time offensive Coordinator. A first time defensive coordinator. What do you expect the national media to think?

I think TT probably knows more than these reporters. If not he'll be gone real soon. He hitched his wagon to these coaches. He will live or die with them.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe TT was trying to buy time with these young coaches, and through building through the draft almost exclusively?

Knowing that people will let him slide a for a few years...

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all about perspective. If we were to take the sheet that has us at 32 and turn it upside down, we would be on top!
This year will definitely expose alot. Personally I too was pissed with this hire as I wanted Bates, even Mooch!! But as time has worn on and listening to MM in the Conference's and other videos, I do like him. The fact that he actually gets after Favre for poor decisions etc...at least he has a back bone and is at least trying to get al the players to buy into his system which I think they have. Rooting for the underdog is something I always enjoy, this how I became a Pack fan in the early 80's, so I'm hoping he coaches with a chip on his shoulders to prove everyone wrong. Time will tell.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think its fair to base your opinion of MM on his tenure at SanFran. He had crap... and i mean crap for talent. and an even worse managment crew.
coaching is very important. i think its way more important in high school and college. with less talent, coaching can make kids better and make a team better. in the pro's coaching is still important, but its a pretty even playing feild as far as other coaches are concerned. in other areas of play like high school college and younger, coaching is far more spread out great coaching makes a huge difference when your teams are poor. especially since on coach might be really crappy.

in the nfl... without talent, lombardi wouldnt be anyone. landry wouldnt be anyone. so to say mike mccarthy is a crap coach because of his tenure as OC at SanFran is bogus. TT isnt looking at paper stats and i love that, the talent he is bringing in, like Jennings (small school, decent stats) shows that he sees beyond one great season where certain circumstances could make an average player look like a god.

hes doing the same thing all around, he doesnt care about big names and paper stats... he cares about bringing football people in. i think hes doing the right thing.

as far as sherman goes... he didnt win in the playoffs... i dont care what your record is in the regular season... everything gets amped up for the playoffs... you dont bring it, you lose. sherman never brought it... he lost...hes fired. end of story.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
The only consolation is that MM has to be better than Mike Sherman. After Sherman as HC the only way to go is up.

followed by:
BoydAvery said:
thetombradyhater said:
I don't understand why people think MS was such a bad HC. He wasn't. He should have never been the GM but how can you say an ex OC that coached a team was last in total offense last year is better than a head coach with 57 wins as a head coach and led us to 3 divison titles and 4 playoff appearance?

MM is just starting out, let's give him 6 years as HC then we can copmpare.

So do you even look at what you write??
In one sentence you state that there's no doubt MM is better than MS. Then with presented with MS's stats, you state that a comparison can't be made for 6 more years.

So which is it?? Is he better than MS or can we not yet compare?? Either way, it's obvious you're wrong right now!

MM will only be the better coach when he proves it on the football field. I don't care how good or bad you feel Sherman was here in GB. Annointing MM to better than a winning coach prior to his first real game is just idiotic! It's just as foolish to state that MM is the worst coach prior to him even getting a chance.

It will be difficult for MM to surpass MS's winning record, but I hope he will do so. I also hope that he can lead this team to a Super Bowl. It's far too early to compare MM to any past coach though and it's also pointless.
Different isn't always better, but sometimes it can be...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i dont think its fair to base your opinion of MM on his tenure at SanFran. He had crap... and i mean crap for talent. and an even worse managment crew.

I hope this wasn't directed at me. I'm not judging MM at all. I just pointed out what the National media sees. I've got a pretty good feeling about MM.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Packnic said:

I hope this wasn't directed at me. I'm not judging MM at all. I just pointed out what the National media sees. I've got a pretty good feeling about MM.

I thought this was directed at the article itself, which completely ignors MM's work for the Saints. The article jumps from him being a QB coach to his one season in San Fran with a rookie QB along with many other problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts