1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Coach on the running game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Coach doesn't have confidence in the running game, or at least thats how I interpreted his response.

2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i feel the same way. MM does not have confidence in his running game. he states it plain as day, what else do you need?
    Really?

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm glad you liked the comment, but could you change that? I didn't say that man, Mike McCarthy did lol :)

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One game at a time.
    With da Bears secondary banged up, we should exploit them every chance we get. I'd rather see 80/20 pass/run until we build up a nice fat lead.

The Redskins are another team that's good against the run. Same thing.

Now Denver, run the ball down their throats. If we can't rack up serious yards on the ground against Denver, then we need to worry.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    agreed. play your strengths against the defense's weaknesses. that seems obvious to me.

6. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why change what got you to 4-0 because you think that Denver run d is bad. They have the best corners in the league, so maybe everyone runs against them, skewing the run d. I really dont think that you need to change and run against them. Not broke...dont fix.

7. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Priest Holmes maybe available...he is on the PUP List in KC...what about Corey Dillion?

8. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re-reading what I wrote - maybe that is why you run. They have the best pass d. Although, do you go away from something you do well because the other team defends it well??? Thoughts? I still think you stick with your strength.

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

A experienced guy would be ok. But the O-Line needs to be addressed as well

10. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm not sure LT could do much behind our o-line right now with as few carries as our RB's get. i don't think the problem is our RB's. i miss jeff jagodwhateverhisnameski...

11. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thats what I question. You play your game, not let other teams dictate what you do. If we could run, we would. Since we can't we pass. When that gets taken away we are in a pickle