Coach on the running game

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
(At what point do you have to get more out of your run game?)
Well, I answer this question every week, so I'm going to say the same thing I said last week: we need to get more out of it this week. Bottom line is to score points and move the ball up and down the field. We've been doing that for the last three weeks. We didn't do a very good job of it in Week 1. We'll continue to work at it. I'm a run-the-ball offensive minded person, but we're not doing it as well as we can right now and I need to have more confidence in calling the plays. That's the hurdle we need to get over.

Coach doesn't have confidence in the running game, or at least thats how I interpreted his response.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to have more confidence in calling the plays. That's the hurdle we need to get over

Coach doesn't have confidence in the running game, or at least thats how I interpreted his response.

i feel the same way. MM does not have confidence in his running game. he states it plain as day, what else do you need?
Really?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Mike McCarthy said:
I need to have more confidence in calling the plays. That's the hurdle we need to get over

i feel the same way. MM does not have confidence in his running game. he states it plain as day, what else do you need?
Really?

I'm glad you liked the comment, but could you change that? I didn't say that man, Mike McCarthy did lol :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I answer this question every week, so I'm going to say the same thing I said last week: we need to get more out of it this week. Bottom line is to score points and move the ball up and down the field. We've been doing that for the last three weeks. We didn't do a very good job of it in Week 1. We'll continue to work at it. I'm a run-the-ball offensive minded person, but we're not doing it as well as we can right now and I need to have more confidence in calling the plays. That's the hurdle we need to get over.

One game at a time.
With da Bears secondary banged up, we should exploit them every chance we get. I'd rather see 80/20 pass/run until we build up a nice fat lead.

The Redskins are another team that's good against the run. Same thing.

Now Denver, run the ball down their throats. If we can't rack up serious yards on the ground against Denver, then we need to worry.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

One game at a time.
With da Bears secondary banged up, we should exploit them every chance we get. I'd rather see 80/20 pass/run until we build up a nice fat lead.

The Redskins are another team that's good against the run. Same thing.

Now Denver, run the ball down their throats. If we can't rack up serious yards on the ground against Denver, then we need to worry.

agreed. play your strengths against the defense's weaknesses. that seems obvious to me.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why change what got you to 4-0 because you think that Denver run d is bad. They have the best corners in the league, so maybe everyone runs against them, skewing the run d. I really dont think that you need to change and run against them. Not broke...dont fix.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Priest Holmes maybe available...he is on the PUP List in KC...what about Corey Dillion?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Why change what got you to 4-0 because you think that Denver run d is bad. They have the best corners in the league, so maybe everyone runs against them, skewing the run d. I really dont think that you need to change and run against them. Not broke...dont fix.

Re-reading what I wrote - maybe that is why you run. They have the best pass d. Although, do you go away from something you do well because the other team defends it well??? Thoughts? I still think you stick with your strength.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Priest Holmes maybe available...he is on the PUP List in KC...what about Corey Dillion?

A experienced guy would be ok. But the O-Line needs to be addressed as well

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not sure LT could do much behind our o-line right now with as few carries as our RB's get. i don't think the problem is our RB's. i miss jeff jagodwhateverhisnameski...

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:

Re-reading what I wrote - maybe that is why you run. They have the best pass d. Although, do you go away from something you do well because the other team defends it well??? Thoughts? I still think you stick with your strength.

Thats what I question. You play your game, not let other teams dictate what you do. If we could run, we would. Since we can't we pass. When that gets taken away we are in a pickle

Members online

Latest posts