Coach Favre?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

He isn't a very vocal guy. (hard to lead by example...as a coach. lol)

His mechanics are BEYOND suspect.

He hasn't shown ANY interest in that type of thing at all.

but that wont stop me from making him head coach in my madden franchise a couple years down the road!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
No.

He isn't a very vocal guy. (hard to lead by example...as a coach. lol)

His mechanics are BEYOND suspect.

He hasn't shown ANY interest in that type of thing at all.

but that wont stop me from making him head coach in my madden franchise a couple years down the road!

He is vocal, according to his teamates, enough to be a coach? Dunno.

Mechanics of throwing a football have little to no bearing on whether he would be a capable coach. Now a QB coach, I agree, but he also knows the proper mechanics as he's stated such numerous times and would never tell anyone to throw as he does. lol

I'm not sure he'd be a good coach either. Like you said he's a lead by example guy and I know he's a vocal leader, but he is definetely a more do as I do kind of person.

His lack of showing interest in coaching has nothing to do with the question, but thank you for the input.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so, no.

What makes him a great football player is that he's competitive. I don't think he's patient enough to be a coach.. plus, you can't teach somebody to be competitive. The guys that make the best coaches are the guys that got where they got almost purely because of their knowledge of their position or the game -- which sometimes outweighs skill or talent. Favre is the football player he is because he's talented. I wouldn't say that he knows little about the game, because he knows a lot.. but I don't know if he knows how to teach it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he knows HOW to coach. After all, his whole early life was with his Dad, who was a coach. I think the question is whether he would WANT to do so, and i haven't heard him say anything about that kind of desire.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is reclusive and far too impatient to ever coach football. Can't we just leave him as a football player and feel blessed he wears the Green and Gold. I know there are fans of 30+ teams that are envious, and this includes the Vikings and Bears.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre won't coach in the NFL in my opinion...I think it would be awesome to see him on some pre-game show though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Favre won't coach in the NFL in my opinion...I think it would be awesome to see him on some pre-game show though.

GREAT point ND! His sense of humor would light things up! Can you see him and Terry Bradshaw? I think it would be a hoot!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I remember him saying that he would caoch high school football after he retires, but nothing in the NFL. This was a couple years ago when i saw it on tv.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
Well FOX does need someone to replace James Brown :(

James Brown left? Why?(No, i'm not being a wiseguy, i didn't hear anything about this)

He left for CBS. They're thinking of having Joe Buck be his replacement.
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
Well FOX does need someone to replace James Brown (
I'd like to see him replace Sean Salisbury. At least he would be qualified to critique quarterbacks.

You want who to replace Sean? James Brown or Brett Favre? Either?

James Brown hopped over to CBS, which has no affiliation with ESPN/ABC/Disney at all. Atleast to my knowledge

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
Well FOX does need someone to replace James Brown (
I'd like to see him replace Sean Salisbury. At least he would be qualified to critique quarterbacks.

I agree........with Salisbury, the steaks are too high.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree........with Salisbury, the steaks are too high.
Cheesey-2/3 rds PUN, that is, P.U.!!!

I've always felt that Brett in the booth would be great. His knowledge of the game coupled with his great sense of humor would make for a great sidekick.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre would be a horrible coach. It just doesn't go with his personality. Anyways Favre will never be a coach or get into media. When he retires, I bet he just kinda goes away like John Elway did.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know if he'd be a good coach or not but i'm pretty sure he won't be one in the nfl. he's just a good ole boy who likes to hunt, mow his lawn, & be with his family. i could see him coaching a HS team for a small school somewhere in mississippi.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I saw Deanna saw that she wouldnt mind seeing him on tv as a commentator...But I think Brett would love to teach disabled kids, or disadvantaged kids at some point..

His degree at S.M was in special education if I am not mistaken..

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Na, he wouldn't want any part of coaching in the NFL, assuming he ever had an interest; not after having witnessed first hand how disposable coaches are. Everybody's right, he'd be a lot happier coaching High School, following in his Dad's footsteps. He certainly wouldn't have to worry about getting fired. Brett's an engaging personality and would probably do well at calling games for network TV, but I can't see him hopping across the country, leaving Mississippi.

Reaction score
porky88 said:
Favre would be a horrible coach. It just doesn't go with his personality. Anyways Favre will never be a coach or get into media. When he retires, I bet he just kinda goes away like John Elway did.

I agree, I just don't see Brett being a good coach.

But with that said, I would pay to see Brett coach in the NFL. IMO, he would provide some amazing soundbites, and do some hilarious stuff.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I listen to every press conference available to me and Brett sounds more and more like a coach/player than just a player.

It reminded me of this thread so wtf here's a bump!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting topic Zero2Cool,

Although I really don't think that he would ever want to coach in the NFL ( just my opinion ), I don't see why he would "not" make a good coach.

Brett, like all other coaches would not be perfect but between his extensive experience, leadership / motivational skills and his desire to win, I could very well see him making an excellent coach.

Not to mention one very important intangible that many other head coaches do not have when they start and that would be the "immediate respect" of his players, Just my thoughts Z2C !!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts