Coach Favre?

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see him going the Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino way of taking it upstairs to commentate. Favre would be funny to listen to.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Do you think Brett Favre would make for a good coach?
Why or why not?

I'm just remembering our other great QB and the time he spent as a coach. :doh:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will do something in football, he will miss it to much when he retires to stay away from it maybe commentator or a highschool football coach where he can teach kids..he also would make a great QB coach for a team, maybe the Packers that would be awesome!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW......Brett would make a great coach. Remember the question was would he make a good coach not will he go into coaching. In McCarthy's last two press conferences he said that nobody works harder than Favre. Nobody prepares and studies film harder than Favre.

Personality does not necessaruly make the coach. Coaches come in many different personalities. If you think Bill Parcells and Tom Landry had the same personality you're nuts. Do you think Vince Lombardi and Don Shula were the same. Even today....pit Tom Coughlin's abrasiveness against Jim Mora Jr's player friendly style.

Brett Favre understands the game better than most and what better way to honor his hero, best friend, mentor and father than to go into coaching.

Having said all that.........Brett wants to and needs to spend more time with his family. Coaching takes too much time.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the majority here that say he'd coach HS, but not college or NFL. He spent a lot of time this summer working out with a prep school football team. It seems fairly obvious that is where his interest in coaching lays.

As for the original question, I think Favre not wanting to be an NFL coach is the major factor here. You need the desire to put in a ton of time and I don't believe he wants to take that much time away from his family after he retires.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Favre would be a horrible coach. It just doesn't go with his personality. Anyways Favre will never be a coach or get into media. When he retires, I bet he just kinda goes away like John Elway did.

Elway did not just go away. He owns an Arena Football team.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts